Witchcraft is true because it's in the Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2013, 09:52 AM
RE: Witchcraft is true because it's in the Bible
Why voodoo?
Why not the devil playing games?
Or god testing her?
Or invisible spirits holding her legs still?

All of those are random guesses based on nothing factual, so why pick one over the other?

Medicine still has much to learn. That's why they can't figure out what's wrong. But there is a medical explanation even if they don't know what it is.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 11:22 AM
No one here has yet given the correct answer--the discomfort/paralysis might be psychological because the "victim" believes in Voodoo.

OR there are spiritual, real forces at work. Checkmate, Atheists! Smile
11-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Re: Witchcraft is true because it's in the Bible
I know I've heard of cases if "voodoo" having an effect on someone because they believed it without question to be real and were psychologically in a state of making their body not function.
11-04-2013, 11:49 AM
(11-04-2013 11:43 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I know I've heard of cases if "voodoo" having an effect on someone because they believed it without question to be real and were psychologically in a state of making their body not function.

psy·cho·so·mat·ic
adj.
1. Of or relating to a disorder having physical symptoms but originating from mental or emotional causes.
2. Relating to or concerned with the influence of the mind on the body, and the body on the mind, especially with respect to disease: psychosomatic medicine.

It is possible that this would be the root cause of her problems if she believes that "bad voodoo" is to blame.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-04-2013, 01:12 PM
(11-04-2013 11:22 AM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  No one here has yet given the correct answer--the discomfort/paralysis might be psychological because the "victim" believes in Voodoo.

OR there are spiritual, real forces at work. Checkmate, Atheists! Smile

The sad thing with the quote of "checkmate atheists" is that the person saying it hasn't clued in that they're the only ones playing the game.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
11-04-2013, 01:29 PM
(11-04-2013 08:19 AM)GuiltyAngel Wrote:  ...
who is believed to be

Yeah, well, they are a particularly superstitious lot in your neck of the woods.

I had three Filipinas staying with me a couple of years ago who got freaked out by a 'ghost' in the apartment.

I got back from my travels to hear their stories and it seemed to come down to shadows and curtains moving in the night.

A quick demo, showing how the movement only occurred when the window was open, seemed to allay their fears.

I blame the Spanish catholics. You guys should let the Brits invade you like the rest of SE Asia.

Incidentally, I saw a dramatised story about the Aswang.

Truly awful.

... not the ghoul... the acting.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post