With Hours Left To Live ~ An Oregon Goodbye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2011, 02:54 PM

Rainbow With Hours Left To Live ~ An Oregon Goodbye
"On Tuesday I'll finally end my battle with cancer thanks to Oregon's Death with dignity act. As part of my preparations I've ended my pain medication and am trying to regain what little dignity and clarity I can.

Who I was doesn't matter. I'm in pain, I'm tired and I'm finally being granted a small shred of respect. Feel free to AMA if you're so inclined." (Source:51 hours left to live (self.IAmA) @ Reddit)

Bold, brave and a program sorely needed to be adopted in the other 49 States, so that incurably ill people may exercise their right to die with dignity.
Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM

RE: With Hours Left To Live ~ An Oregon Goodbye
Fearing death is a logical fallacy.
06-03-2011, 08:54 PM
(06-03-2011 02:54 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  Bold, brave and a program sorely needed to be adopted in the other 49 States, so that incurably ill people may exercise their right to die with dignity.

Well, for lack of anything better to say at this point, this.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2011, 09:22 PM
People deserve the right to live and the right to die - they are equally important.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
(06-03-2011 09:22 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  People deserve the right to live and the right to die - they are equally important.

I have to agree. Its not a decision that should be made lightly but one that we should have the right to make.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM

(06-03-2011 09:22 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  People deserve the right to live and the right to die - they are equally important.
And yet not equally applied nor guaranteed.

Besides, more people alive makes for over crowding. More people exercising their right to die makes more room for more people to crowd it up again.
07-03-2011, 11:12 PM
I do not know whether to be happy or sad.
Happy in that somewhere in this mysterious world there is a Die with Dignity Act.
Sad because i will miss a real gentleman.
No your tail does not make your ass look fat.
08-03-2011, 12:23 AM
(07-03-2011 11:12 PM)TheAtheist Wrote:  I do not know whether to be happy or sad.
Happy in that somewhere in this mysterious world there is a Die with Dignity Act.
Sad because i will miss a real gentleman.

Be both. You don't have to make a choice.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.