Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
20-06-2011, 07:30 PM

RE: Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord
UnderTheMicroscope,

Yes the reason why Jesus must be fully man is to be a perfect sacrifice and show us how to live and love and be.

Jesus wouldn't make much of a ransom if he was a frog or giraffe. Funny.

People want to spend eternity with God as a Person.
Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 07:41 PM
let's look at it this way shall we?
If Jesus is God, and he sacrificed himself for us... is that much of a sacrifice? I mean he's immortal, creator of all things, you know... god. So is the idea that he lied to us? cheated us? or is he just straight fucking with our heads? excuse the language but I mean it as an emphasis word. It doesn't much make sense. Let's say that he existed, that he was the son of god (god himself) let's say he went around healing those he chose to heal instead of everyone, that he was spreading the word of god by mouth instead of some giant floating head in the sky which I would think would be pretty convincing, and let's say he died for us so that our great grand pappy and great grand mammy's unforgivable sin of eating the fruit of knowledge is forgiven, and all future sin is forgiven...
Nope I can't do it, it's no less sane when taken as a whole. It's a gibberish story. Even were it real I wouldn't want a part of it, because the story sucks. Can't believe I've read it so many times, or the original version (quite different than the new one.. oddly.)

Parture do me a solid and tell me what you make out of this story, you know the first time you read I would assume the king james version, what you took from it. How old you were. Maybe the age you were the last time you read it. You won't answer any of these questions unfortunately you never answer my questions. I'm genuinely curious too so it's a shame.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2011, 08:00 PM

lucradis,

You're not looking at it from Jesus as being fully man. He actually sweat blood in the garden of gethsamane. He endured excruciating pain on the cross.

His brow was pierced because men sin with their minds and thus judged. They sin with their hands and feet so Jesus was pierced for them in His hands and feet. They sin with their mouths. Jesus tongue cleaved to his mouth and was given vinegar to drink. Our hearts are corrupted so His heart was pierced. And He was scourged down to the bone.

This is a perfect sacrifice.
21-06-2011, 04:44 PM

God says if you come to Him with an honest heart you shall surely find Him.

So the reason you are still an atheist is because you have a dishonest heart for which only Hell can satisfy you.
21-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Can anything hurt god?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
Find all posts by this user
21-06-2011, 04:53 PM

(21-06-2011 04:49 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Can anything hurt god?
You hurt his heart. It hurts His heart to see you go to Hell.
21-06-2011, 04:59 PM
(21-06-2011 04:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  You hurt his heart. It hurts His heart to see you go to Hell.

Well than he can decide not to send me to hell, so the ball is back in his court, what does he do?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-06-2011, 05:04 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

Since you want to go to Hell, He will send you to Hell as you wish.
21-06-2011, 05:09 PM
(21-06-2011 04:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  
(21-06-2011 04:49 PM)UnderTheMicroscope Wrote:  Can anything hurt god?
You hurt his heart. It hurts His heart to see you go to Hell.
So much for a "perfect" being.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
21-06-2011, 05:13 PM

Efrx86,

A being who is doesn't feel hurt in losing a loved one is cold-hearted.