Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
18-06-2011, 04:31 PM
RE: Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord
I'd like to know who these so-called "scholars" are. Surely if this is so well studied and agreed upon, the internet would be filled with references to papers and studies validating this claim that meets the standards of historical accuracy.

So, all we need to do for Parture to put this to bead an convince us all is provide some links to the accepted works of these scholars and we can all begin the assimilation process into the Christian collective.

I'm sure this will be easy.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
18-06-2011, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2011 04:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-06-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm worried for your soul. If you don't repent and give yourself to Zeus, you'll burn in the fiery pits of Tarterus.

Okay, wouldn't want that. ... "All hail Zeus the one and only one true god. Please take pity on my miserable GirlyAss."

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
18-06-2011, 04:45 PM
(18-06-2011 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm worried for your soul. If you don't repent and give yourself to Zeus, you'll burn in the fiery pits of Tarterus.

Okay. ... "All hail Zeus the one and only one true god. Please take pity on my miserable GirlyAss."

Not before King Minos, Aiacos and Radamanthys, the 3 judges of the underworld make the final judgement, so you still have a chance to be sent into Elysion, however, yes, if you deny Zeus you will be indeed sent into the Tartarus. Big Grin

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 05:11 PM
(18-06-2011 02:45 PM)Parture Wrote:  God does forgive unconditionally by way of the cross. So the issue is not whether God forgives unconditionally but whether you receive His forgiveness by what He did for you on the cross by taking upon Himself the sins of the world.

Parture, I skinned my toe going up the stairs this morning, I did it so you wouldn't have to. I DEMAND that you bow before me for what I have done for you.. whats that?... you don't want to?... Ok, how about this, if you don't. I'm going to come to your house, douse you in gasoline and burn you alive, I'll put it out though don't worry, I'll give you a day or so to rest then I'll burn you again, and I'll keep doing that until I've died a ripe old age.

Me skinning my toe IS an accurate comparison, is your god not all-powerful? a weekend in hell would hardly even be an annoyance to such a supreme being.

(18-06-2011 02:45 PM)Parture Wrote:  Righeously all sin must be judged and is judged on the cross. What you want is forgiveness without judgment of that sin but that is unrighteous. You can't have the mercy of God without the righteousness of God.

Without the righteousness of God you are just being selfish.

So why does god HAVE TO "judge" people? why does he allow "sins" in the universe HE CREATED if he hates them so much?
Please explain to me how its "selfish" of anyone not to want to be tortured FOREVER simply because they didn't ignore reality, evidence to the contrary, dismiss their own morals and follow a myth in lockstep?

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
[+] 1 user Likes UnderTheMicroscope's post
18-06-2011, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2011 05:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(18-06-2011 04:45 PM)MasterRottweiler Wrote:  
(18-06-2011 04:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Okay. ... "All hail Zeus the one and only one true god. Please take pity on my miserable GirlyAss."

Not before King Minos, Aiacos and Radamanthys, the 3 judges of the underworld make the final judgement, so you still have a chance to be sent into Elysion, however, yes, if you deny Zeus you will be indeed sent into the Tartarus. Big Grin

Okay ... all hail them too. Shit dude, I got this day job where I gotta write code to pay for a household. How much "All hailing" is this gonna take?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
18-06-2011, 07:58 PM

(18-06-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  if you can't find an explanation for the millions who have witnessed David Blaine levitate, walk on water, and make an airplane disappear in front of an audience of thousands... then give your life to Blaine.
It is well documented how Blaine did these tricks. It's not that impressive. But a person can't come back alive from the dead unless being God.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 08:28 PM
(18-06-2011 07:58 PM)Parture Wrote:  It is well documented how Blaine did these tricks. It's not that impressive. But a person can't come back alive from the dead unless being God.

Spontaneous revival is a medical anomaly, but it does happen, and it has been documented.
So unless you are claiming there are thousands of gods walking around out there, I suggest you not make such bold assertions.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

18-06-2011, 08:29 PM
(18-06-2011 07:58 PM)Parture Wrote:  
(18-06-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  if you can't find an explanation for the millions who have witnessed David Blaine levitate, walk on water, and make an airplane disappear in front of an audience of thousands... then give your life to Blaine.
It is well documented how Blaine did these tricks. It's not that impressive. But a person can't come back alive from the dead unless being God.

Which... remains unproved, at least for the claim of zombie jesus Big Grin... thanks for trying...

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 08:34 PM

UnderTheMicroscope,

Nobody has come back to life on the third day but Jesus.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 08:35 PM
(18-06-2011 08:34 PM)Parture Wrote:  Nobody has come back to life on the third day but Jesus.

As we've demonstrated. That is questionable at best.