Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
18-06-2011, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2011 08:43 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
RE: Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord
(18-06-2011 08:34 PM)Parture Wrote:  UnderTheMicroscope,

Nobody has come back to life on the third day but Jesus.

Again, prove it, just because a bunch of iliterate supersticious people in the middle east "saw" this and then wrote it does not mean it is true. There are a lot of books and eyewitnesses saying that fairies, leprechauns, goblins, etc. exist, should I believe them?
You say that eyewitnesses and anecdotical evidence are the best way to prove a claim, then do you believe in such things as goblins and leprechauns?

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 08:42 PM

MasterRottweiler,

They really believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead. Group hallucinations are possible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so they truly believed it.. You can't ask for better testimony than this. Since you are unable to find a naturalistic explanation then give your life to Christ.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 08:43 PM
(18-06-2011 07:58 PM)Parture Wrote:  
(18-06-2011 04:26 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  if you can't find an explanation for the millions who have witnessed David Blaine levitate, walk on water, and make an airplane disappear in front of an audience of thousands... then give your life to Blaine.
It is well documented how Blaine did these tricks. It's not that impressive. But a person can't come back alive from the dead unless being God.

So if I invent an equally impressive trick, perform it for thousands of people and never reveal the trick or even admit that there was some sort of trick does that mean that I should be accepted as a God? Lets go through your checklist;

Performed a seemingly miraculous act. Check

Eyewitnesses can testify that they witnessed it happen. Check

There is no documentation as to how it is done. Check

Congratulations Hughsie, you are now officially the son of God and joint head of your own major world religion as dictated by the criteria set out by Parture and used by Jesus Christ.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 08:46 PM
(18-06-2011 08:42 PM)Parture Wrote:  MasterRottweiler,

They really believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead. Group hallucinations are possible and people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so they truly believed it.. You can't ask for better testimony than this. Since you are unable to find a naturalistic explanation then give your life to Christ.

And since you cannot give a naturalistic explanation against the existence FSM then give your life to The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

-Diego Rivera
18-06-2011, 08:46 PM

hughsie,

You can keep fantasizing you can do what Jesus did but there is another word for what you are going through, a delusion.
MasterRottweiler,

A naturalstic explanation against the FSM is there has no been no eyewitness testimony. Slow crowd here.
18-06-2011, 08:50 PM
(18-06-2011 08:46 PM)Parture Wrote:  hughsie,

You can keep fantasizing you can do what Jesus did but there is another word for what you are going through, a delusion.

Read my post more carefully. I wasn't claiming to be able to do anything. I was merely speculating at the potential follow-up events to me inventing a magic trick as impressive as David Blaine's most famous tricks.

How is that delusional?

MasterRottweiler,

A naturalstic explanation against the FSM is there has no been no eyewitness testimony. Slow crowd here.

I, Hughsie, hereby testify to having seen the FSM.

Now there has been eye-witness testimony. Give your life to the FSM! Praise be his name!!!

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
18-06-2011, 08:51 PM

hughsie,

You're just talking cheap. Until you do it, it is meaningless. Nobody has rose from the dead on the third day. The fact that you haven't done it and still can't do it proves the case Jesus is God. You provide the evidence by your inability.
18-06-2011, 08:52 PM

MasterRottweiler,

A lot of people have seen it, a lot of people feel his tasty presence, I share a telephatic bond with him, I have been touched by his noodly apendage, there are a lot of eyewitness who will tell the same I'm saying, prove us wrong.

If you cannot find a naturalistic explanation against our claims, then give your life to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. [Image: icon_noodle.gif]

-Georgia Harkness.

-Diego Rivera
18-06-2011, 08:54 PM
(18-06-2011 08:51 PM)Parture Wrote:  hughsie,

You're just talking cheap. Until you do it, it is meaningless. Nobody has rose from the dead on the third day. The fact that you haven't done it and still can't do it proves the case Jesus is God.

I'm no longer arguing that point. I'm pointing out other flaws in your logic (definition of absolute proof and rebuttal of your unwarranted attack on the FSM). I'm guessing that you have no adequate response as you haven't posted one.

Best
Worst
18-06-2011, 08:55 PM
(18-06-2011 08:50 PM)hughsie Wrote:  I, Hughsie, hereby testify to having seen the FSM.

Now there has been eye-witness testimony. Give your life to the FSM! Praise be his name!!!

You TOO Hughsie?? I ALSO saw the FSM, it was a month ago near Lake Erie! Now there are multiple accounts by multiple people in different settings.

THE PROOF IS THERE! Feel his salvation sauce all over your chin!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."