Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
18-06-2011, 10:36 PM

RE: Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord
Maumin,

It wasn't just these twelve but there were others, the women, James, brother of Jesus, and 500 at one time.

People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so they truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.

I've seen no response to this.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh joy, I have received many good hearty laughs from this. Thank you all who have participated, especially those who worship the lord spaghetti monster and his meatball minions.
I'm not sure why this has lasted so long, it is clearly like being a Nascar driver without fear of crashing. So you're just driving around in circles all day long while it gets colder outside and the wolves wait for you to run out of gas so they can eat you.
Parture, you're dedicated and you know what good for you. If you find comfort in the worship of Christ and his father then that's nice I guess. It's your choice to believe what ever you choose to be the most believable. But I think it's a little foolish to say something is proven fact in the manner in which you are doing so. It's not fact. Period. It's at best a rumor. You can believe it's true if you like. I don't. But I can't prove it isn't. Just like you can't actually prove it is. It's ok. For me I use reason and likelyhood based on surrounding evidence and history to make my decision so that when I rest my head at night I don't have to think about it anymore. I don't know how you made your decision but you did. Good. It makes no difference to me. The only thing that bothers me is your assertion of having proof in the "witnesses" the bible puts forth. It's just not right to tout something as proof when there isn't any. Proof has to be something that can be proven with evidence. You can say some people wrote a book about stuff they saw all they want, but can you prove they saw it? Or that they even wrote it?
Anyway I personally am glad to have you here, it's interesting to have the other side to this whole thing.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
18-06-2011, 10:42 PM
(18-06-2011 10:30 PM)Parture Wrote:  Lilith Pride,
Shaping objects to look like spaghetti and thinking this is the Creator of the universe? They can't even fly on their own.

If you consider that sincere I would hate to see what your insincerity is like.

And this is why I felt there was no reason to post a message to you. Figurative speech is a good way to relate ideas since you can't just explain all ideas in direct connotation. To give you an idea as absurd as yours he reached for flying spaghetti monster. That is sincere because he is showing you what he thinks of your opinion. Exactly what I stated before. My idea of insincerity (in this context) has to do with the idea that buddy begins to push the idea heavily and demand you accept it.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 10:43 PM
(18-06-2011 10:36 PM)Parture Wrote:  Maumin,

It wasn't just these twelve but there were others, the women, James, brother of Jesus, and 500 at one time.

People don't willingly die for what they know is a lie so they truly believed they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings.

I've seen no response to this.

Isn't it possible that all of those people could have been convinced by the fake story of a starting few?

Nowdays people is not willing to die for a lie, but back then..... people died for a lot of silly reasons, diying because one has been trick doesn't sounds crazy to me considering the time frame those guys lived in.

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
18-06-2011, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2011 10:49 PM by MasterRottweiler.)
(18-06-2011 10:30 PM)Parture Wrote:  Lilith Pride,

Shaping objects to look like spaghetti and thinking this is the Creator of the universe? They can't even fly on their own.

If you consider that sincere I would hate to see what your insincerity is like.

In Ted Haggard's (who is not an homosexual BTW) condescending voice: Silly boy! Its a metaphor, you can't take it literally.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2011, 10:48 PM

MasterRottweiler,

Nonsensical.
18-06-2011, 10:51 PM
(18-06-2011 10:48 PM)Parture Wrote:  MasterRottweiler,

Nonsensical.

Again man, if you are not willing to discuss, you have nothing to do here, just trying to impose your views around won't make it.

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
18-06-2011, 10:53 PM

Efrx86,

The OT prophesied His coming.
18-06-2011, 11:00 PM
The OT prophesizes a messiah to bring forth deliverance, but not for souls. It's about freeing the Jews from Rome which Jesus according to biblical terms (OT is basically Judaism) was the worst messiah ever. Not only did the Jews fail to take back their land from Rome, Jesus' message enabled Rome to erect a new super power in the form of catholocism which allowed them to far surpass the Caesars in world domination.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 1 user Likes Lilith Pride's post
18-06-2011, 11:01 PM
(18-06-2011 10:53 PM)Parture Wrote:  Efrx86,

The OT prophesied His coming.

Then you better grab an umbrella, cause it's gonna be raining Divine Semen from the Holy Coming.

-(Song)- I'm gonna get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus. Gonna feel His Salvation all over my face. -(/Song)-

(Approaching a forum with a mentality of immaturity only breeds more immaturity)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post