Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
18-06-2011, 11:07 PM

RE: Without Denying Self No One Can Love the Lord
Lilith Pride,

Is. 53 speaks of their suffering servant who atones for sins and Jesus would have taken the reigns if the Jews didn't seek his death. You don't know your Bible. The Bible also warns about the great harlot of religious Rome that makes drunk the nations with the wine of the wrath of her fornications (Rev. 14.8). This refers to the Roman Church. With each step God makes in the redemptive design you can see Satan is trying to thwart God's plan.
Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Pssssst, Lilith. I do believe at this point you're just...

[Image: Beating-a-dead-horse.gif]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
18-06-2011, 11:13 PM

The sense people have when they come to thethinkingatheist is lots of insincerity and lack of thinking.
18-06-2011, 11:17 PM
(18-06-2011 11:13 PM)Parture Wrote:  The sense people have when they come to christianity is lots of insincerity and lack of thinking.

Fixed.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like MasterRottweiler's post
18-06-2011, 11:18 PM

Faulty.
I encourage those who are genuine to discuss further here,
http://biblocality.com/forums/list.php?c...15-to-2022

The disingenuous I won't hear from again.
18-06-2011, 11:24 PM

Thank you Parture for reaffirming my faith in Christ, now I'll be sure to live a good Mormon life until the rest of my days.
If you wish to provide evidence please post a link to some sources maybe? You know standard citing so we can check your claims and verify them?
18-06-2011, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2011 11:50 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Thank you for beginning to discuss things more rationally. I will reward you with a Jewish interpretation of this passage which is discussing the fact that the word he in Isaiah 53 is supposed to be they. It was one of many alternate translations by the christians of the Tanakh. If you're going to suggest this passage as proof of a precursor then make sure you understand the history of the passage.

As I said the old testament comes from Judaism. The passage you're discussing is about all of Israel and discussing why the people suffer. This passage was corrected in the NRSV, New Jerusalem Bible, and the Oxford Study Bible. Not even all christians accept the idea of this passage discussing Jesus.

Here is the NRSV verse you should note
Isaiah 52:13 See, my servant shall prosper; he shall be exalted and lifted up, and shall be very high. 14 Just as there were many who were astonished at him—so marred was his appearance, beyond human semblance, and his form beyond that of mortals— 15 so he shall startle many nations; kings shall shut their mouths because of him; for that which had not been told them they shall see, and that which they had not heard they shall contemplate.

The fourth servants song which is Isaiah 53 is kept with the he's, but the passage leading up to the song discusses who the he in the song is meaning. The Jewish people.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-06-2011, 11:52 PM
(18-06-2011 11:18 PM)Parture Wrote:  Faulty.
I encourage those who are genuine to discuss further here,
http://biblocality.com/forums/list.php?c...15-to-2022

The disingenuous I won't hear from again.

Yeah, we need to discuss with you as much as a surgeon needs to discuss about brain surgery with a witch-doctor.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
19-06-2011, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2011 01:54 AM by Efrx86.)
Holy crap the topic grew huge while I was away for a few hours. This bible-thumping guy reminds me of ElShadai. Shiiiet.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
19-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Can't someone block you know who from commenting?