WoW

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2011, 04:44 PM
WoW
Given the fact that most of my friends are not gamers I'm feeling kind of isolated at the moment.
I'm thinking of playing wow.
I've been recommend a free 10-day-trial which I will go for at the end of the week.
Any thoughts/suggestions ? Huh

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-01-2011, 05:05 PM
RE: WoW
You've never played WoW?

That damn thing wasted about 4 years of my life. Like literally I would play 15 hours, try to go to bed, lay there thinking about WoW, then give up and get up and start playing again.

But as far as just starting out on WoW, I think that ship has sailed. You have to have the Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and now Cataclysm just to play the game... or else you'll be all by yourself, since the community would be on all these realms and lands that you don't have access to.

Plus, WoW is almost unplayable these days. Before, it was you and your friends gathering gear, doing quests together, raiding, having fun. Now, every single person playing has about 4 max geared characters, standing around spamming the trade chat with chuck norris jokes. Since the gearscore app was introduced, you can't even find randoms to raid with since they all require you to have uber gear and prior knowledge of the raid before they even consider you.

If you're looking for a game to get lost in, do what I do and bitTorrent games and dabble in all of them. I just downloaded FEAR 2 yesterday, played through it in one sitting, and deleted it. My other games that waste my life right now are Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas, and the Dawn of War addons.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Well to be honest from what I hear the new areas are just for higher levels - i.e Cataclysm areas are for levels 80-85.
People have said to try a 10 day trial and I may , and I'll probably get a Chest set with 30$ or something and get into them.
Sorry to say I did hear about spamming and stupidity , someone said there was a small town where every nutjob in the alliance gathers - can't remember the name though.

As for torrenting - I have 1 TERRA of games.I'm sick to death of almost all of them.I can't play for more than one hour before getting so bored I browse every forum I know to see if someone as much as farted in a thread I have interest.

31-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Well Cataclysm affected every previous zone, so I don't know if you can even interact with someone who has Cataclysm installed. The trial is worth playing. I used to start up new characters just to play the beginning areas again. Usually got bored around lvl 15, when you end up back in the same areas again.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
31-01-2011, 07:29 PM
I can officially say that I am over my WoW withdraws. Three years ago I stopped playing Wow and now Blizzard offered me a two week trail to get me back for Cataclysm. I download and played for only for 1 hour and never picked it up again.

I am an FREE MAN!

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2011, 06:40 AM
So only negative opinions so far - LOL Tongue
I may try free trial and see how time consuming and/or fun it is but beyond that I'll have to do some hard thinking.

03-02-2011, 04:25 AM

I play WoW, though I do not recommend you to start.
Why?

Glad you asked, well, it's quite simple:
It's a time sink. That's it.

You can talk to other people from all over the world etc, Roleplay if you are into that and more.
HOWEVER, there is a slight chance that you may get the disease "Wowoholic".
That means you will not be able to escape WoW for hours and hours, wasting more and more time on it.

I recommend that you play other, less time consuming games.

Oh, and I only play an hour a day now. Can quit whenever I want....PROMISE!!! Sad
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 07:21 AM
LMAO - looking for the community actually , but don't think I can get addicted.
Had a cold turkey moment with video games before a serious exam and since then they don't stick anymore.
Besides , if I get hungry , thirsty , sleepy or in the mood for a beer - WOW can go fuck itself Tongue

17-01-2012, 09:53 AM

(31-01-2011 05:05 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You've never played WoW?
That damn thing wasted about 4 years of my life. Like literally I would play 15 hours, try to go to bed, lay there thinking about WoW, then give up and get up and start playing again.

That sounds about right.
I played it non-stop for about 3 years. Dreaming about it. It was everything that I thought about. I still play it today, but not like I used to.
Quote this message in a reply
17-01-2012, 11:25 AM
I'd say get into a new game. Star Wars the Old Republic just came out. It's a pretty solid game so far, but like any new MMO it still has a lot of room to grow.

No trial, unfortunately, since it's so new. But you'd be able to get in at pretty much the ground floor since it's only been out for about a month. With WoW you'd be playing "catch up" the entire length of your play time.