WoW: Cataclysm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2010, 07:22 PM
WoW: Cataclysm
I'm probably not going to buy it because after 7 years, the outdated graphics and gameplay really got old. WotLK ended up being max geared 80's standing around in Org spamming trade with Chuck Norris and Anal [link] jokes. A few new races and some new areas really don't interest me at this point.

Does anyone play it? If so, what's the consensus?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 03:14 AM

RE: WoW: Cataclysm
Whatever the current graphics level is for MMOs, I have not seen a single one that I've felt is an improvement over WoW. It to me has stood the test of time, but you're free to have your own opinion ^.^;. This post is actually to inform others that the general consensus from everyone I've played with, is that Cataclysm is a rocking experience added to the game.

The New content for the lower zones is very in depth & has a much more wartime feel to it than the past WoW. Everything has been amped up in energy level, whether its the War between the Alliance & Horde, or the Fight against the Dark Powers under Deathwing, or even more Maligned Forces. The Leveling experience with the new towns & pushing you down a geographical path of questing is a flawless & very exciting leveling experience (at least to me anyways XD).

Wheras the Upper Echeloned levels are even grander, with an even greater use of phasing than LK. It overall is just a very Fascinating & Amazing experience in WoW that has almost revitalized the game. I say almost due to BC & LK still being locked in temporal circles. They almost make it a grind to get from the new Content of the lower Levels to level 80 for the rest of the new content.

But still, I wouldn't miss it, it's a very fun expansion. Though you could still do the lower level stuff without the Expansion, except for the almost Cartoonish Starting Zone of the Goblins, & The Dreary, Gothic Style of Gilneas.
Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Congrats to Dracon on your first post!!! I hope to see many more (We're friends). My opinions of MMO's actually have to do with the fact that they are community games. I have been a long time gamer, but the previous eras of gaming were solo, and then face to face competitive. Without a face, gamers tend to treat others like CPU's. So my intrusion into the online world made me desire to be offline again for gaming. MMO's are all kinda similar, my favorite being Phantasy Star Online (due to the ability to be offline if needed). So I view most MMO's as bad simply by the fact I know the internet community that will play them. WoW is filled with people who spend their free time trying to ruin others enjoyment of a game. I have some asshole family members who not surprisingly love WoW. I have never really formed a large group (guild) in any MMO that I've played, because I don't want to have to deal with other players. Occasionally I'll meet people I like, but for me the MMO experience just tends to be trying to solo a game that's built to co-op. My biggest problem with WoW though (yes more than the cost) is that there are so many things to be done it often takes more time than necessary and nothing is gained.

The online "game" I play now is really just a virtual messenger Second Life. And, while it takes a while to get past not having any goals for a game (yeah it's not a game). The time spent on there can be helpful. I've worked a lot on photo editing, 3D rendering, and DJing. due to joining an online community. As opposed to my acchievements in the online community I was in before it Grand Chase, which were pretty high level characters which can be used in the game, and cute kitty outfits. I just feel with MMO's gaming becomes too much of a constant in life rather than an escape. And yes Second Life can become a fully absorbed life along with your other, but all games seem to do that now. At least in this one I learn skills I can use outside of the game.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
18-02-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm getting into WoW soon - my minds is made up.
I'll tell you my impression as I play BuddyChrist.
Keep in mind the only other MMO I played with friends Maple Story (and a very little bit of Cabal and Travian).
From what I've looked up they gave the quests a makeover to reduce the grind and the interface for acquiring spells is more comfortable.
I'll have to verify and tell you as I play.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
18-02-2011, 11:07 AM
I think it will be different for you, Gagla. For someone just getting into WoW, I'm sure you will love it and get lost in the environments and professions and many different classes. But for the other WoW crowd that has played for 7 years and grown bored with it, I don't think Cataclysm really did anything to fix that. And I have no references because none of my former guild buddies and real life buddies are going to buy it either.

I still have WoW installed, so I'm sure I could just find a free Cataclysm trial and end all this speculation and heresay, but there are so many other actual new games taking up my time.

...who am I kidding, I spend the last 2 days playing Medieval 2, I'm not busy.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
18-02-2011, 11:33 AM

Buddy why not just try out the new low level content before getting Cataclysm. Because that new content is free (well relatively X3) for everyone, due to the entire world changed forever.
18-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but that still means paying the 15 dollar monthly fee (or 30, depending on how many accounts I want to reactivate).

09-03-2011, 11:08 AM

Another gamer here. I've been enjoying Cata... sure some of it is more of the same and they're making it ridiculously easy to get a new toon leveled and geared... but it's still more fun than jamming bamboo shoots under your fingernails. Wink

As an aside, I have never been able to get Second Life to run on my computer. *sniff*
09-03-2011, 08:48 PM
(09-03-2011 11:08 AM)Roscoe Wrote:  As an aside, I have never been able to get Second Life to run on my computer. *sniff*

Have you tried over-clocking ?

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
09-03-2011, 09:04 PM

Nope. I haven't. I play on a laptop that's less than a year old... when I've downloaded it, and looked at the troubleshooting forums, they said that people with Vista or XP were having trouble getting it to run... so... who knows. I haven't tried in a few months. Big Grin