WoW: Cataclysm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
RE: WoW: Cataclysm
What specs does your laptop have ? Is it that the hardware doesn't match the requirements or is it the OS ?

I know some people who even got it to run on Linux using Wine so I'm surprised it wouldn't work on XP/Vista.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 03:02 PM

Its an enjoying refreshment of what was an old and stale game. Quest rewards are now much more useful, far easier to level, etc. I plan on renewing my subscription at least briefly soon. I am waiting on Star Wars: The Old Republic to come out in the fall, I believe it to be serious WoW competition. You should check out the site its: http://www.swtor.com
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 03:49 PM
After they slander WoW just to promote their own MMORPG rather than providing points in its favor , I'm skeptical of what they might have to offer.
Besides , the funny thing is , I may be swamped with work soon so have no time for either. Tongue

29-03-2011, 04:40 PM

I've been following the development of TOR closely, I've yet to hear them slander WoW. I've only seen what they have to offer, and let me tell you, they've removed useless things that take up time in MMORPGS.
30-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Don't do it! It WILL ruin your life!
30-03-2011, 08:33 AM
(30-03-2011 02:40 AM)LeighJones Wrote:  Don't do it! It WILL ruin your life!
LOL - you have no idea how many times I heard that Tongue
But to be honest , I went cold turkey on video games at one point and since then they just can't stick to me as before.So I think I've built up an immunity.

08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
I played WoW for almost six years. It didn't ruin my life at all, but it did take up a lot of my free time and I need that free time to pursue my creative interests.

So, shortly after Cataclysm came out, I decided to cut the cord.

I haven't looked back.

And I have a creative output again for the first time in a long time.

For God so loved the world that he arranged for everyone to both have free will and to suffer the terrible consequences of making the wrong choice. Kind of a dick move, God.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-05-2011, 01:50 PM

I've been playing WoW on and off since 2005. The only thing that I adored in this game was my raiding guild during TBC. After that, everything lost its gleam. I rejoined occasionally for a couple of months each time to play and say a "hi" to my old friends but this winter I stopped for good. I hope my beloved human paladin will rot in the Firelands next to the much-abused corpse of Raggy. Tongue
14-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Ahh trade chat.

[Furious Butt] [Pounding] [For the Children!]
When Overlord Saurfang does pushups, he doesn't push himself up. He pushes the world down.
If the Lich King's mount is named Invincible, how come you can see it?
Do you know why they call it an Xbox 360? Because you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

Sometimes I still see these phrases in my nightmares.

Anyway, from what I've heard, Cataclysm is a significant step up from WotLK. However, with the introduction of flying mounts added to Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the world has lost some of its flavor. Why take in the sights and ride along the roads when you can just fly over everything? Almost every area of the world, aside from level 85 zones and faction capitals, is completely devoid of other players.

Although when I played, I wasn't interested in exploring the world or sight seeing cool looking zones, I was interested in the loot fest!

Blizzard has been on a recent kick of refurbishing old dungeons and bringing them up to level 85. I think Zul'Gruub (might have spelled that incorrectly) was recently made into a five man instance.

Anyway, the changes from Wrath to Cata have been largely positive, but not so much so that I'm interested in returning.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one
26-05-2011, 08:05 PM

(18-02-2011 11:07 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  ...who am I kidding, I spend the last 2 days playing Medieval 2, I'm not busy.

LOVE Medieval 2.
Just got an exhausting time-consuming job so I haven't touched my campaign in a few days.