WoW: Cataclysm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2011, 10:15 PM

RE: WoW: Cataclysm
I play on Thorium Brotherhood, am a Grand Master Special OPPS Engineer aaaaaand run a party toon that is loaded with fireworks and party stuff Big Grin.

I've never been much into the raiding and dungeons stuff, Its all for the adventure to me! But Cata killed all of that :\ Quests are EASY, Leveling is EASY, Everything is so EASY. I remember leveling in Vanilla/BC when I was 10, took me 1 year to get to lvl 60 because I took in the elements of the game and adventured the lands as an engineer. And because leveling consisted of a hell of a lot more work. (Major Role Player here)

Collected every old world schematic, every BC schematic (Goggles dont count!) and every WOTLK schematic (Goggles dont count again Tongue)
You get every schematic in cata from the trainer, you can tell that Blizzard is catering to an audience that barely has to try to play the game.

But I still play off and on to just play in battlegrounds for a while.

Really im not the casual WoW player, Raiding is boring, PvP is boring after a while. Arena's are pointless, and quests and leveling is just boring because its so easy now.

Graphics are a little better now then before but the problem with getting awesome uber graphics into the game would be that the engine would need to be redone, more types of buildings would have to be created and all of that stuff which would make it harder for people to play with there machines hardware.

WoW really is the only MMO that I have found pure adventure in, all MMO's these days are just raiding and PVP'ing and easy leveling to get to that. So really I just play FPS's now. Crysis, BFBC2, Killing Floor, Alienswarm, TF2. And of course RTS games because I love complicated thinking Big Grin. Warcraft 3 (I am a good map maker too), CIV 5 and Age of Empires 3.
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2011, 03:21 AM
RE: WoW: Cataclysm
I've been playing on and off since the launch. I played consistently through vanilla and TBC, but since then i've been subscribing and unsubscribing all the time.

Every time they add something new, i'm like "Wow, that sounds great!". I activate my account, try it out a couple of times and get bored. Don't get me wrong, WoW is a great game, and Cataclysm is probably the best expansion they ever made. But at the base of things, its just more of the same sutff they've been putting out for 6-7 years. To me, that ceased to be satisfying after 2-3 years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply