Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 03:53 AM
Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore
I am so exhausted, but I cannot sleep. I don't know how other single parents survive. I feel like it never ends. Laundry and dishing and cooking and cleaning. Sweeping and wiping and clearing. And what do I have to show for it? A messy house. The only time my house looks clean is when my kids are sleeping. Then I can't sleep. Maybe 2-4 hours a night sometimes none at all. My son tore down the blinds in my youngest daughters room today. Why they have an obsession with ruining blondes is beyond me. I found three action figures and a ball of wet toilet paper in the bathroom sink. My five year old has decided it is time to start asking about her daddy and I don't have answers for her. I was hoping she would just forget about him tbh.
Every keeps wanting to visit me, but I just don't want to be friends with anyone anymore. I don't care to have friends. I don't want to hang out or talk, or even text. I just wish everyone would go away and leave me alone. I need sunshine. I need to be outside. I hate being locked up in the dark. I hope winter ends soon. I will feel better when it's spring. I am not sure Ohio was a good choice for me. I had forgotten how depression winter can be.

tl;dr- it's almost 5 am and I can't sleep and I hate winter and I was whining.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-03-2014, 04:18 AM
RE: Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
09-03-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore
I've said I hate kids before, right?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
09-03-2014, 04:27 AM
(09-03-2014 04:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've said I hate kids before, right?

I love my kids. They are my life. They really are good kids too, but I could use a break. A day to myself or something.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-03-2014, 04:33 AM
(09-03-2014 04:27 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I've said I hate kids before, right?

I love my kids. They are my life. They really are good kids too, but I could use a break. A day to myself or something.

I still generally dislike children. They are noisy and do stupid things like "have an obsession with ruining blondes"... Angel

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Can I suggest experimenting with cutting out certain food types?

My kids became dramatically more manageable once we removed casein (dairy), gluten (wheat), additives, preservatives and especially colourants.

It's not easy to cater for but when you've averaged 4 hours sleep per night for four years, you'll try anything, right?

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2014, 04:37 AM
(09-03-2014 04:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  My kids became dramatically more manageable once we removed casein (dairy), gluten (wheat), additives, preservatives and especially colourants.

I hear sedatives are pretty good to!

[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
09-03-2014, 04:38 AM
(09-03-2014 04:33 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 04:27 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I love my kids. They are my life. They really are good kids too, but I could use a break. A day to myself or something.

I still generally dislike children. They are noisy and do stupid things like "have an obsession with ruining blondes"... Angel

LOL That probably would have made more sense if it said blinds instead of blondes! But I haven't slept so I won't appolgize for anything crazy in that mess of an OP. lol.
Some people don't like kids. Best idea for you, do not have kids.

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-03-2014, 04:42 AM
(09-03-2014 04:38 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
LOL That probably would have made more sense if it said blinds instead of blondes! But I haven't slept so I won't apologize for anything crazy in that mess of an OP. lol.
Some people don't like kids. Best idea for you, do not have kids.

Well it did seem unusual for such young children but in principle...

(09-03-2014 03:53 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  ...
an obsession with ruining blondes

... made perfect sense to me.

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
09-03-2014, 04:44 AM
(09-03-2014 04:36 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Can I suggest experimenting with cutting out certain food types?

My kids became dramatically more manageable once we removed casein (dairy), gluten (wheat), additives, preservatives and especially colourants.

It's not easy to cater for but when you've averaged 4 hours sleep per night for four years, you'll try anything, right?

Well, the lack of sleep is just my issue with insomnia. The kiddos are pretty good sleepers. My kids are on timed eating schedule. Two oldest drink one pediasure a day and are taking an allergy medicine that increases their appetite. I try to stay away from processed foods, but I will look into the colors. I will have to discuss this with their doctor. They have issues with being super skinny. The food situation is very stressful.