Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore
(09-03-2014 09:33 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 07:34 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Hug Hug
i'm sorry you have so much work today...
how old is your oldest?
My mom made me clean up my own mess since i was 7 and i learned to make less mess

Hug hope everything turns out ok

My oldest is 5 and second is 4. The both love to help, but they're just not good at it lol!

Thanks everyone!
The sun is shining and it's 28 degrees but tomorrow it's supposed to be 57. Perhaps a trip to the park will cheer me up.

There is part of the problem...they don't have to be good at it...yet. But start and praise any effort. They will get better with time. I had to learn to let some things go and let them be good enough because the effort was there.

Over the years I was a single parent with no family around to help. It's exhausting but it can be done. I will tell you this...when my youngest finished school and all the activities and running in circles were over I looked around and was like WTF....now what am I gonna do? I was so used to being wide open that I didn't know what to do with all that free time. Smile

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
09-03-2014, 10:20 AM
RE: Woe is me: the following will be an episode of delirious whining. Feel free to ignore
(09-03-2014 10:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Make a strict bed time and stick to it. Just knowing you have an hour or two after they go to bed is something to look forward to, read a book, take a nice hot soak in the tub, do your nails.

^^^^ this 100%

8pm here, has been for ages.
Lights out 8:30.

This past year we have started bumping it to lights out at 9pm.

My girls are 8 & 10.

I need my down time, they need way more than 8 hrs of sleep. We are all happier in the long run.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Awwww my love Hug you are such a wonderful mommy! Those kids are super lucky to have you. Sounds like you've got some really great advice in here, and since I don't know anything about being a single mom (or a mom in general), I won't add anything there.

The trip to the park tomorrow sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!! Get some sunshine, and mildly nice weather. I'm always amazed at what that does for my mood after a long winter.

Hug love you girly Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-03-2014, 12:28 PM
(09-03-2014 10:20 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 10:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Make a strict bed time and stick to it. Just knowing you have an hour or two after they go to bed is something to look forward to, read a book, take a nice hot soak in the tub, do your nails.

^^^^ this 100%

8pm here, has been for ages.
Lights out 8:30.

This past year we have started bumping it to lights out at 9pm.

My girls are 8 & 10.

I need my down time, they need way more than 8 hrs of sleep. We are all happier in the long run.

Oh how I wish I could send my kids to bed at 9pm! Big Grin

I really don't look forward to summer when they both stay up too late.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

09-03-2014, 12:29 PM
(09-03-2014 03:53 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I am so exhausted, but I cannot sleep. I don't know how other single parents survive. I feel like it never ends. Laundry and dishing and cooking and cleaning. Sweeping and wiping and clearing. And what do I have to show for it? A messy house. The only time my house looks clean is when my kids are sleeping. Then I can't sleep. Maybe 2-4 hours a night sometimes none at all. My son tore down the blinds in my youngest daughters room today. Why they have an obsession with ruining blondes is beyond me. I found three action figures and a ball of wet toilet paper in the bathroom sink. My five year old has decided it is time to start asking about her daddy and I don't have answers for her. I was hoping she would just forget about him tbh.
Every keeps wanting to visit me, but I just don't want to be friends with anyone anymore. I don't care to have friends. I don't want to hang out or talk, or even text. I just wish everyone would go away and leave me alone. I need sunshine. I need to be outside. I hate being locked up in the dark. I hope winter ends soon. I will feel better when it's spring. I am not sure Ohio was a good choice for me. I had forgotten how depression winter can be.

tl;dr- it's almost 5 am and I can't sleep and I hate winter and I was whining.

Hug I wish you lived closer...I'd help out.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon