Wolfenstein: the new order opinions

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Wolfenstein: the new order opinions
So around black friday I went and picked up 6 games for $60 bucks at Gamestop using their B2G1 sale.

I got Final Fantasy Type 0 HD(PS4), Wolfenstein New order(PS4), Thief(PS4), Dragon Age inquisition (PS4), Dragon's Dogma (PS3), and Watch Dogs (WiiU).

Last night I started Wolfenstein and I kind of don't want to continue. I'm not a huge fan of FPS in general, but a few games have been amazing for me, including Bond 64 (goldeneye), Last of Us, ZombiU, and resistance.

So I start playing this last night and I choose to play on the second hardest level because while I'm a huge gamer, I generally enjoy RPGs and strategy games the most. I died like 4 times maybe trying to figure out controls in the tutorial at the beginning. Then once they put a gun in my hand I've died maybe 5 times in 60 minutes of games play. The problem is, while I've died 5 times, I've killed like 70+ random dudes that just swarm you every time you enter a room. Each room has been cramped forcing me to do a whole bunch of lean and shoot tactics to pick off people. On top of that "commander" enemies infinitely summon more enemies until they are dead and I have a hard time finding these commanders. Now, I'm not complaining because I think this is hard. It's not. I don't consider myself good at FPS and I'm just murdering people left and right with very little issue. It's just...boring I guess? I like to stealth around and snipe when possible. But all I have been getting is Cutscene, enter area, 5 guys see you and start shooting at you, while fighting them 10 or 15 more guys show up. You kill all of them, then pick up the loot, go to the next area and the cycle repeats.

Not to mention the story isn't interesting me yet. The Nazis have robots for some reason and my crew and I are stranded trying to take out some key nazi so we can end the war. Maybe if there was a briefing or some buildup I'd care. But the explanation was like 15 seconds long and then it's just "kill kill kill".

I kind of want to just quit. For those who have played it, I'm at the beginning about to climb up some huge wall using a cable. Does the game get better? More open? More interesting? How did you guys like the game?

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 12:48 PM
RE: Wolfenstein: the new order opinions
Found it incredibly confined, directional, repetitive and boring. Solid mechanics and graphics, but an otherwise forgettable and generic game.
[+] 3 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
25-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Aaaahhh Wolfenstein.
Never played the game myself, but my husband and kids played the original version waaaaay back when. (two kids would sit on their dad's lap and be entrusted with firing a gun or something , I dunno)
Anyways, while playing the game they had to shoot dogs. Which according to the kids really sucked because well, even if the dogs belonged to Hitler, they were dogs, at a time when the kids were lobbying HARD for a dog. So my daughter (who was about 8? at the time) came up with the inevitable question.
If all dogs go to heaven, what about Hitler's dogs? do they go to hell? If so, why? They can't help being Hitler's dogs, so why should they be punished? It's not right...

Little did I realize at the time that this kind of logic would lead me to atheism, but there you go ... Cool

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
25-01-2016, 12:53 PM
(25-01-2016 12:50 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Aaaahhh Wolfenstein.
Never played the game myself, but my husband and kids played the original version waaaaay back when. (two kids would sit on their dad's lap and be entrusted with firing a gun or something , I dunno)
Anyways, while playing the game they had to shoot dogs. Which according to the kids really sucked because well, even if the dogs belonged to Hitler, they were dogs, at a time when the kids were lobbying HARD for a dog. So my daughter (who was about 8? at the time) came up with the inevitable question.
If all dogs go to heaven, what about Hitler's dogs? do they go to hell? If so, why? They can't help being Hitler's dogs, so why should they be punished? It's not right...

Little did I realize at the time that this kind of logic would lead me to atheism, but there you go ... Cool
So basically, Wolfenstein is responsible for deconverting your whole household? Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
25-01-2016, 12:57 PM
Additional thoughts on Wolfenstein: I feel like I have seen an enemy before it saw me only once. So I never get to actually plan my assault, and it ends up just being duck, cover, and kill.

26-01-2016, 02:18 AM
(25-01-2016 12:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I kind of want to just quit. For those who have played it, I'm at the beginning about to climb up some huge wall using a cable. Does the game get better? More open? More interesting? How did you guys like the game?

You have no idea. You're not even out of the prologue yet. Big Grin

Yes, it does open up, and stealth does become a viable tactic. You just need to get past the initial 'losing WWII" bit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
27-01-2016, 11:49 AM
(26-01-2016 02:18 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 12:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I kind of want to just quit. For those who have played it, I'm at the beginning about to climb up some huge wall using a cable. Does the game get better? More open? More interesting? How did you guys like the game?

You have no idea. You're not even out of the prologue yet. Big Grin

Yes, it does open up, and stealth does become a viable tactic. You just need to get past the initial 'losing WWII" bit.
Interesting. Last night I said eff it, and started FF Type 0. Maybe I'll give it a chance..eventually.

27-01-2016, 01:59 PM
Picked it up as the others had been fun and entertaining. I found this one pretty boring. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-01-2016, 06:21 AM
Going to throw in my dissenting opinion.

2014 game of the year for me. Picked it up for $20 during Christmas time that year and loved it. I like the ode to throwback FPS games with the emphasis on old school mechanics like health kits and armor pickups. I enjoyed the story, too. The only huge downfall I felt was the lack of replayability, but $20 compensates for that and then some.
01-02-2016, 10:36 AM
About how long is the game? Less than 10 hours?