Woman beheaded at work in Oklahoma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-10-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Woman beheaded at work in Oklahoma
(01-10-2014 02:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(27-09-2014 06:17 AM)Chas Wrote:  Nuh-uh.

Fuck you Islam.

Exactly.

The media is really downplaying the Islamic factor in all this.

From what I understand, he also had a tattoo of a cross and something else Jewish-flavored. They may be avoiding opening a whole can of worms.

Or I'm wrong.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2014, 10:44 AM
(03-10-2014 10:12 AM)Silo1180 Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 12:57 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  B) We need more guns to solve problems like this.

Not saying "more" guns, but one man trained in use of a weapon (which he just happened to have a rifle available to him) probably stopped more people from being killed/injured.

Why is that a bad thing?

Because available data shows that even highly trained individuals show poor judgment in these kind of situations and more often than not escalate the situation rather than defuse it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-10-2014, 12:08 PM
(03-10-2014 10:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:12 AM)Silo1180 Wrote:  Not saying "more" guns, but one man trained in use of a weapon (which he just happened to have a rifle available to him) probably stopped more people from being killed/injured.

Why is that a bad thing?

Because available data shows that even highly trained individuals show poor judgment in these kind of situations and more often than not escalate the situation rather than defuse it.

Indeed. If cops and soldiers regularly fuck up in high-pressure violent situations, how exactly do we think average packing Joe will handle things?

For that matter, if safety is a concern, more weapons and weapon-users only increases the frequency of accidents, which are already far, far more common and deadly than any crime or assault. So there's that.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-10-2014, 02:17 PM
(03-10-2014 10:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  From what I understand, he also had a tattoo of a cross and something else Jewish-flavored. They may be avoiding opening a whole can of worms.

Or I'm wrong.
Quote:Mr. Nolen, who has a tattoo of Jesus on his chest and the Arabic phrase “As-salaamu alaikum” (“Peace be with you”) on his abdomen, was brought up in a Christian church

There should be mandatory warning for anyone even thinking of exploring religion.
Consider
Maybe a disclaimer on the front door of every church:
If a person is of sound and reasonable mind then, dabbling in religion can be an interesting, philosophical past time.
However, if a person appears to be not of sound mind or appears insecure in his/her reasoning, then religion can most assuredly produce within that person erratic and possibly dangerous behavior. Skepticism advised.

As a tax payer, I would call for a vote to make it mandatory that every church had to prominently place this disclaimer in the vestibule of their church, otherwise forfeit their tax exempt status. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-10-2014, 02:21 PM
(03-10-2014 02:17 PM)kim Wrote:  ...
Maybe a disclaimer on the front door of every church:
If a person is of sound and reasonable mind then, dabbling in religion can be an interesting, philosophical past time.
However, if a person appears to be not of sound mind or appears insecure in his/her reasoning, then please go to the Scientologists, next door. Thanks

Fixt

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-10-2014, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 04:45 PM by Chas.)
(03-10-2014 12:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  For that matter, if safety is a concern, more weapons and weapon-users only increases the frequency of accidents, which are already far, far more common and deadly than any crime or assault. So there's that.

I'll need to see your data. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-10-2014, 06:57 PM
(03-10-2014 10:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 02:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  Exactly.

The media is really downplaying the Islamic factor in all this.

From what I understand, he also had a tattoo of a cross and something else Jewish-flavored. They may be avoiding opening a whole can of worms.

Or I'm wrong.

He relatively recently converted to Islam, and was trying to convert his co-workers.
04-10-2014, 03:50 AM
(03-10-2014 06:57 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 10:40 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  From what I understand, he also had a tattoo of a cross and something else Jewish-flavored. They may be avoiding opening a whole can of worms.

Or I'm wrong.

He relatively recently converted to Islam, and was trying to convert his co-workers.

Yeah, just like they downplay Christianity every time one of those fundamentalist fuktards firebombs an abortion clinic or shoots a doctor. Because every time a Christian does something crazy, it's an isolated incident.

But every time a Muslim does something crazy its part of a world-wide jihadist conspiracy.

Because reasons... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
04-10-2014, 03:57 AM
(03-10-2014 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-10-2014 12:08 PM)cjlr Wrote:  For that matter, if safety is a concern, more weapons and weapon-users only increases the frequency of accidents, which are already far, far more common and deadly than any crime or assault. So there's that.

I'll need to see your data. Consider

[Image: FirearmFacts.png]

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/12/gun-rhe...gun-facts/

In 2010, guns took the lives of 31,076 Americans in homicides, suicides and unintentional shootings. This is the equivalent of more than 85 deaths each day and more than three deaths each hour.

73,505 Americans were treated in hospital emergency departments for non-fatal gunshot wounds in 2010.

Firearms were the third-leading cause of injury-related deaths nationwide in 2010, following poisoning and motor vehicle accidents.

Between 1955 and 1975, the Vietnam War killed over 58,000 American soldiers – less than the number of civilians killed with guns in the U.S. in an average two-year period.

In the first seven years of the U.S.-Iraq War, over 4,400 American soldiers were killed. Almost as many civilians are killed with guns in the U.S., however, every seven weeks.

http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-deaths-and-i...tatistics/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-10-2014, 05:53 AM
(03-10-2014 06:57 PM)TheBear Wrote:  ...

Irrelevant.

As I noted in an earlier post, conversion is something one does to/at live people.

Convert not convertible. Only the latter should have an open top.

Drinking Beverage