Woman hangs a dog for chewing bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Woman hangs a dog for chewing bible
JFC!!!

COLUMBIA, S.C. - Authorities have charged a South Carolina woman with felony animal cruelty, saying she hanged her nephew's pit bull from a tree with an electrical cord and burned its body because the dog chewed on her Bible.

Animal control officers said Monday that 65-year-old Miriam Smith told them she killed a female dog named Diamond because it was a "devil dog" and she worried it could harm neighborhood children. Authorities said bond wasn't immediately set for Smith, who remains jailed in Spartanburg County after her weekend arrest.

Officials said she didn't have an attorney yet.

She faces 180 days to five years in prison if convicted.

Authorities say the remains of the dog were found under a pile of grass with part of an electrical cord around its neck.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2...z1CCQCvNxi

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2011, 10:39 PM
RE: Woman hangs a dog for chewing bible
From local news, it reported that the neighbors say that she was a fundamentalist Christian. The neighbors believed that she needs help, but not jail because she is confused from what the Bible said.

lol

What if the neighbors were wrong? lol

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2011, 06:45 AM
I will be astounded if she's actually prosecuted.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
27-01-2011, 07:00 AM
This is what happens when you allow people to believe in fairy tales.
That poor innocent dog ... Sad
27-01-2011, 07:06 AM
(27-01-2011 07:00 AM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  This is what happens when you allow people to believe in fairy tales.
That poor innocent dog ... Sad
Poor dog indeed but, poor woman as well...
However horrible what she did, I don't think it is to blame on her religion. judging from what I read, I think the women just needs medical treatment.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
27-01-2011, 08:16 AM

I'm going to hang my dog for chewing on my hadron collider.

I just wonder how much this has to do with her dedication to god.. If the dog had chewed a recipe book would it have been hanged? probably not. her actions were probably caused by the delusions that religion caused her to develop. Do I think she is mentally Ill for taking drastic action?.. possibly not. If you class her as mentally ill then you must also say that all of the people who start riots and burn down buildings and injure people because funny caricatures of Mohammed were drawn are mentally ill
Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2011, 08:41 AM
(27-01-2011 08:16 AM)Speiraz Wrote:  If the dog had chewed a recipe book would it have been hanged? probably not. her actions were probably caused by the delusions that religion caused her to develop. Do I think she is mentally Ill for taking drastic action?.. possibly not. If you class her as mentally ill then you must also say that all of the people who start riots and burn down buildings and injure people because funny caricatures of Mohammed were drawn are mentally ill
Hmm... Good thinking... I'll chew on that one a bit further... (<-- lame pun)

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
27-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Fair enough.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2011, 10:31 AM
From 1000 ateists 0 would torture a dog to death for chewing his/her Origin of Species.
From 1000 religios folk 1 would a dog to death for chewing his/her Bible.
And that is a great difference, greter than anyone would think...
I think that somehow the true victim is not the dog, but the women. She was probably not mentally ill, but her mind was darkened by her religion, what can actually be considered as the killer (indirect as it is).

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
27-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Religion is the justification , it's a crappy filter you put on reality , and it distorts reality.
If someone takes drugs and drinks shampoo thinking it to be a potion from a fairy it's wrong and drugs are condemned.
If people do harmful things to people or animals in the name of religion it's because they didn't "understand" their religion.
Now there's a double standard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SC Bible College President- Forced labor Bows and Arrows 10 162 26-05-2014 06:18 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Costco puts the Bible in the fiction section! Adrianime 45 1,535 26-11-2013 05:50 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  No woman, no... Vera 15 477 30-10-2013 06:46 AM
Last Post: Filox
  Nergal to be fined for tearing Bible angry_liberal 1 425 14-08-2011 04:47 PM
Last Post: James The Brit
  Children Injured by Fallen Tree Limb at Bible Camp myst32 4 775 26-07-2011 11:49 AM
Last Post: myst32