Woman jumps from car, causes crash due to spider.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 12:14 PM
RE: Woman jumps from car, causes crash due to spider.
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever had the cherry off your cigarette fall off into your lap while driving??

That can be exciting -- but hell on the upholstery...

No, but I don't smoke in the car.

I don't care for stale cigarette smell.

What's even worse -- the smell of the stale beer that you pour in your lap to put out the cigarette......

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
21-09-2015, 12:18 PM
A friend of mine lives near the forest, and lots and lots of spiders can be found there, and he told me to watch out for 2 kinds that are poisonous and will result in a trip to the hospital. I was very jumpy that day. Everything that even felt like a spider crawling resulted in me shaking to get it of.

That being said, I would kill the spider if I was driving the car.
If it was a flying cockroach on the other hand...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-09-2015, 12:19 PM
(21-09-2015 12:14 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 11:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, but I don't smoke in the car.

I don't care for stale cigarette smell.

What's even worse -- the smell of the stale beer that you pour in your lap to put out the cigarette......

Hobo

Just make sure not to use the vodka, that shit is flammable.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
21-09-2015, 12:29 PM
(21-09-2015 11:54 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Ever had the cherry off your cigarette fall off into your lap while driving??

That can be exciting -- but hell on the upholstery...
Yes, I blow it away asap

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
21-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I have been in a similar situation with a yellow jacket in the car (I am allergic). I pulled the car over to the side of the road, opened the window, and got out of the car until the yellow jacket exited. Screaming at the top of my lungs the whole time. Made my son check the car before I was able to make myself get back in. Son is also the designated spider-smacker for car trips. I hate it when he spots one and then says, "Ok, it's gone now…it crawled under your seat, Mom."
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
21-09-2015, 12:45 PM
(21-09-2015 12:42 PM)julep Wrote:  I have been in a similar situation with a yellow jacket in the car (I am allergic). I pulled the car over to the side of the road, opened the window, and got out of the car until the yellow jacket exited. Screaming at the top of my lungs the whole time. Made my son check the car before I was able to make myself get back in. Son is also the designated spider-smacker for car trips. I hate it when he spots one and then says, "Ok, it's gone now…it crawled under your seat, Mom."

At least you pulled over! Hell of a lot safer then jumping out of a moving car like you have an ejector seat.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
21-09-2015, 12:59 PM
You know, they say we evolved to be terrified of spiders and creepy crawlies in general because it helped us survive and all. Women who were more scared had better chances of survival (and their babies), so women are much more sensitive to that shit.

So, it's easy to call her an idiot, but know that I've cried for almost two hours straight because I saw a huge wasp on my window. These are kind of instinctive reactions, it's not like she considered her life more important than the kid's.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
21-09-2015, 01:30 PM
(21-09-2015 12:59 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  You know, they say we evolved to be terrified of spiders and creepy crawlies in general because it helped us survive and all. Women who were more scared had better chances of survival (and their babies), so women are much more sensitive to that shit.

So, it's easy to call her an idiot, but know that I've cried for almost two hours straight because I saw a huge wasp on my window. These are kind of instinctive reactions, it's not like she considered her life more important than the kid's.

I did not mean any disrespect but there are times where you have to overcome a fear or fight an instinct for the sake of safety, her child would not have survived if a semi truck was hauling down the road and that survival instinct would have been useless. I hate wasps too but would rather be stung and safely pull to the side of the road and make sure my kid was safe rather than just bail from a moving car.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
21-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(21-09-2015 01:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I did not mean any disrespect but there are times where you have to overcome a fear or fight an instinct for the sake of safety, her child would not have survived if a semi truck was hauling down the road and that survival instinct would have been useless. I hate wasps too but would rather be stung and safely pull to the side of the road and make sure my kid was safe rather than just bail from a moving car.

"Hate" is not instinctive. Fear is. At that moment, your body gives you the signal "run for your life". It's hard to ignore.

Also, we're talking about a car. A daily activity. It's not like she was next to a cliff and jumped off. Your brain doesn't have time to process "getting out of car = bad". We don't know what exactly happened, and she could definitely have handled it differently, but I just can't put the blame on her 100%. One basic thing for example is that, when you drive a car and you have children inside, you teach them were the brakes and the parking brake are and also practice what they have to do in case of emergency.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 01:49 PM
(21-09-2015 01:44 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 01:30 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I did not mean any disrespect but there are times where you have to overcome a fear or fight an instinct for the sake of safety, her child would not have survived if a semi truck was hauling down the road and that survival instinct would have been useless. I hate wasps too but would rather be stung and safely pull to the side of the road and make sure my kid was safe rather than just bail from a moving car.

We don't know what exactly happened, and she could definitely have handled it differently, but I just can't put the blame on her 100%. One basic thing for example is that, when you drive a car and you have children inside, you teach them were the brakes and the parking brake are and also practice what they have to do in case of emergency.

Fear can be overcome, I know because I have done it personally, I used to hate heights, still do but worked on it and now I can climb ladders which I was not able to but other than that I agree with what you are saying.