Woman jumps from car, causes crash due to spider.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-09-2015, 08:35 AM
RE: Woman jumps from car, causes crash due to spider.
I honestly don't understand peoples' fear of spiders. Even if a poisonous spider is crawling on you, you're probably fine if you don't freak out. When living alone, I don't even bother getting rid of spiders I find in the house. One time as I was laying down I saw a whole bunch of tiny spiders on my ceiling right above me, as if an egg sack had hatched in my bedroom. I just went to sleep. Within a couple days they were gone. I suppose they probably ate each other and/or dispersed and made homes in various hiding spots around the house. If I spot a poisonous spider (black widows would pop up from time to time when I lived in Las Vegas), sure I'll get rid of it if for no other reason than because I know my cats are too stupid to not try and eat it.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 08:39 AM
I don't think people are afraid of spider because they're dangerous....it's just...well, because they're fucking spiders.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
22-09-2015, 08:43 AM
Spiders are adorable. Are you people scared of puppies too? Tongue
[Image: jumping-spiders-2.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
22-09-2015, 08:44 AM
(22-09-2015 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I honestly don't understand peoples' fear of spiders. Even if a poisonous spider is crawling on you, you're probably fine if you don't freak out. When living alone, I don't even bother getting rid of spiders I find in the house. One time as I was laying down I saw a whole bunch of tiny spiders on my ceiling right above me, as if an egg sack had hatched in my bedroom. I just went to sleep. Within a couple days they were gone. I suppose they probably ate each other and/or dispersed and made homes in various hiding spots around the house. If I spot a poisonous spider (black widows would pop up from time to time when I lived in Las Vegas), sure I'll get rid of it if for no other reason than because I know my cats are too stupid to not try and eat it.

It's an irrational yet natural response. I mentioned it in my previous posts here. It's like a phobia. Even if you are 100% sure the spider is not poisonous, it can scare you. I don't mind spiders that much, but I've cried and cried because of wasps, grasshoppers and cockroaches, so I can understand it.

I'm kind of sick and tired of explaining this to men tbh Tongue Women tend to be more sensitive to that stuff.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
22-09-2015, 08:45 AM
JD, I can't believe you are not using this as an opportunity to post your dancing spider video. Wink
22-09-2015, 08:47 AM
(22-09-2015 08:44 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(22-09-2015 08:35 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I honestly don't understand peoples' fear of spiders. Even if a poisonous spider is crawling on you, you're probably fine if you don't freak out. When living alone, I don't even bother getting rid of spiders I find in the house. One time as I was laying down I saw a whole bunch of tiny spiders on my ceiling right above me, as if an egg sack had hatched in my bedroom. I just went to sleep. Within a couple days they were gone. I suppose they probably ate each other and/or dispersed and made homes in various hiding spots around the house. If I spot a poisonous spider (black widows would pop up from time to time when I lived in Las Vegas), sure I'll get rid of it if for no other reason than because I know my cats are too stupid to not try and eat it.

It's an irrational yet natural response. I mentioned it in my previous posts here. It's like a phobia. Even if you are 100% sure the spider is not poisonous, it can scare you. I don't mind spiders that much, but I've cried and cried because of wasps, grasshoppers and cockroaches, so I can understand it.

I'm kind of sick and tired of explaining this to men tbh Tongue Women tend to be more sensitive to that stuff.

Now roaches I can understand. You see even one in the house, and that's bad news. Unless, of course, your house is full of spiders who would happily help you take care of the infestation.

'Murican Canadian
22-09-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm arachnophobic. I'm pretty happy to be actually. If I wasn't I don't think I'd have half the sympathy for irrationality that I do have. Had a mate who was terrified of cats. It was pretty fun. Gigantic 6 foot black man and if he saw a cat *he'd* be the one climbing trees. I'd have laughed except I was too preoccupied running away from the spiders.

Ya see, it's a phobia. As in totally irrational and more or less uncontrollable. I've heard you can overcome it - sometimes people go for some kind of therapy where they end up picking the damn things up. I have absolutely zero desire to conquer my fear if in the said conquering I have to pick up a spider. Fuck that.

I've improved since I discovered that killing spiders with a broom is very straightforward. Otherwise I just freak the fuck out.

Having said that I can override my fear if I absolutely need to. Like, in the situation mentioned in the OP, I think I *probably* could have stayed calm up to the point where I'd got the kid out the car safely, and then had a heart attack...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
22-09-2015, 09:14 AM
Fuck you yak header. (I write this after retrieving my phone from the far side of the room). Angry

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
22-09-2015, 10:21 AM
(22-09-2015 08:45 AM)jennybee Wrote:  JD, I can't believe you are not using this as an opportunity to post your dancing spider video. Wink

Forgot about them lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
22-09-2015, 06:00 PM
(22-09-2015 08:43 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Spiders are adorable. Are you people scared of puppies too? Tongue
[Image: jumping-spiders-2.jpg]

No they're not!

Black widow spider bite
[Image: black-widow-spider-bite-pictures-early-s...30x220.jpg]

And that's one of the nicer photos I found of spider bites. Some of them are barf inducing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post