Woman on the American $20

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2015, 08:18 AM
RE: Woman on the American $20
(27-03-2015 06:11 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hedy Lamarr. A double win. Big Grin

[Image: hedy_1.jpg]

Ah, Hedy... I'm posting this from my phone, which means I'm using a sequencing technology she invented! She was a smart chick. AND hawt! Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-03-2015, 08:22 AM
(27-03-2015 08:18 AM)kim Wrote:  

Ah, Hedy... I'm posting this from my phone, which means I'm using a sequencing technology she invented! She was a smart chick. AND hawt! Wink

And Austrian.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2015, 08:27 AM
I thought she became an American citizen. Damn. Sucks when we can't even grow our own. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
27-03-2015, 08:30 AM
(27-03-2015 08:27 AM)kim Wrote:  I thought she became an American citizen. Damn. Sucks when we can't even grow our own. Dodgy

I was just being a wise-ass - she did become an American citizen; as a nation of immigrants, this doesn't disqualify her from contention.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
27-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Andrew Jackson was a badass. We need more presidents that solve problems through pistol duels and, to that end, more dueling presidents who offer their competition a free shot before drawing and firing themselves. But I suppose being all genocidal isn't as trendy now as it used to be.

Can we put Ronda Rousey on the 20?

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-03-2015, 08:41 AM
(27-03-2015 08:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-03-2015 08:27 AM)kim Wrote:  I thought she became an American citizen. Damn. Sucks when we can't even grow our own. Dodgy

I was just being a wise-ass - she did become an American citizen; as a nation of immigrants, this doesn't disqualify her from contention.

Actually, that's a good point: we are a nation of immigrants. That idea, more than any one person, has created this nation.

Also... I'm very fond of our Lady Liberty, who lifts her lamp to guide huddled masses, yearning to breathe free.

She's French, ya know. Wink

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
27-03-2015, 09:01 AM
(26-03-2015 11:41 PM)f stop Wrote:  Sacajawea since native Americans object to Andrew Jackson on the $20 because of the Trail of Tears.

That's an excellent idea. Andrew Jackson did a lot of shit to the Native Americans.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
27-03-2015, 09:02 AM

Sorry had to. Was going to suggest her myself.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-03-2015, 09:12 AM
(26-03-2015 11:41 PM)f stop Wrote:  Sacajawea since native Americans object to Andrew Jackson on the $20 because of the Trail of Tears.

Didn't they already try to give her that weird dollar coin or something? Your suggestion is great, but I don't think she'll get a do-over.

Yup:
The Sacagawea dollar (also known as the "golden dollar") is a United States dollar coin that has been minted every year since 2000, although not released for general circulation from 2002 through 2008 and again from 2012 onward due to its general unpopularity with the public and low business demand for the coin.

Dollar Coin

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
27-03-2015, 09:26 AM
I have a couple of Sacajawea coins; my friend in highschool got a bunch of them from his Grandmother but was legitimately afraid to use them at a store so he traded me some for dollar bills.

I see a dual political side favoring Sandra Day O'Connor

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson