Woman on trial for laughing during Sessions confirmation hearing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: Woman on trial for laughing during Sessions confirmation hearing
(03-05-2017 10:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 10:22 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I don't know how easy it would be to prove she laughed intentionally. When I read the statement that she laughed at I also laughed. I'd have to hear the audio of the statement and her laugh to try to judge that.

Agreed, it's hard to prove intention, but the fact that she was there as a protester certainly makes it look suspicious.

Hard to prove or not, she was convicted of "disorderly conduct", which is a pretty broad charge.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 05:36 PM
(04-05-2017 05:05 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 10:44 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Agreed, it's hard to prove intention, but the fact that she was there as a protester certainly makes it look suspicious.

Hard to prove or not, she was convicted of "disorderly conduct", which is a pretty broad charge.

That seems about right.

Protesting is fine, in the right venue.

A courtroom isn't one of them.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-05-2017, 06:26 PM
The way I heard it, there's a law against protest meetings within x feet of the Capitol and they are trying to fashion this as a protest action contrary to that law. As onlinebiker says, we'd have to at least see video of what she did to form much of an opinion. And I'd have to know more about the law to know what my position was on it. I can think of arguments for and against it.

With civil society, democracy, health care, the environment and more under constant daily assault, we are going to see more and more vigorous legal and illegal protests, that is for sure. It's great that some people are willing to go to jail on principle.
04-05-2017, 06:41 PM
And the idiots give activist Desiree Fairooz exactly the publicity she was looking for. Of course she's not going to take a plea bargain you moonpie morons, she played you like a fucking fiddle onto front page news. You are stupid.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-05-2017, 09:42 PM
I'm with OLB on this one and surprised everyone here doesn't share his opinion.

We weren't there, we don't know how this person was laughing. For all we know it could have been in a purposeful and disruptive manner.
I don't see what's wrong with waiting for more information before coming to conclusions and forming an opinion.

Just because we're "liberals" doesn't mean we're not guilty of shit that conservatives do when it comes to false assumptions and "fake news".

[Image: oscar.png]
04-05-2017, 09:55 PM
(04-05-2017 09:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm with OLB on this one and surprised everyone here doesn't share his opinion.

We weren't there, we don't know how this person was laughing. For all we know it could have been in a purposeful and disruptive manner.
I don't see what's wrong with waiting for more information before coming to conclusions and forming an opinion.

Just because we're "liberals" doesn't mean we're not guilty of shit that conservatives do when it comes to false assumptions and "fake news".

She was there with Code Pink (they really should dress up in pink bunny costumes for maximum effect) conducting what appeared to be a silent protest holding up signs when some retard said Jefferson Davis Sessions had a long history of standing up for negroes of all color and she let out what was undoubtedly an involuntary guffaw. (At least that's what I did when I read it.) Since she was with Code Pink retard rookie Capitol cop thought they could impress Herr Trump by arresting her for presumably insulting the tiny old white racist midget with the Alfred E. Neuman "What me worry" ears. Instead all idiot accomplished was bringing free publicity to Code Pink. They couldn't buy better publicity. And now they're giving the old hippie dame shit for not plea-bargaining down to avoid jail and she's telling them to pound salt and shove it up their ass. "We're going to be in the news for a while you fucking imbeciles. Now go arrest some of my friends so we can turn this into a conspiracy. Morons."

#sigh
04-05-2017, 10:06 PM
(04-05-2017 09:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 09:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm with OLB on this one and surprised everyone here doesn't share his opinion.

She was there with Code Pink (they really should dress up in pink bunny costumes for maximum effect) conducting what appeared to be a silent protest holding up signs when some retard said Jefferson Davis Sessions had a long history of standing up for negroes of all color and she let out what was undoubtedly an involuntary guffaw. (At least that's what I did when I read it.) Since she was with Code Pink retard rookie Capitol cop thought they could impress Herr Trump by arresting her for presumably insulting the tiny old white racist midget with the Alfred E. Neuman "What me worry" ears. Instead all idiot accomplished was bringing free publicity to Code Pink. They couldn't buy better publicity. And now they're giving the old hippie dame shit for not plea-bargaining down to avoid jail and she's telling them to pound salt and shove it up their ass. "We're going to be in the news for a while you fucking imbeciles. Now go arrest some of my friends so we can turn this into a conspiracy. Morons."

So... no word on the actual laughter itself and if it was indeed disruptive etc.. You're just assuming it was a simple "guffaw" but with no proof. BUT what we do know is that they seem to be relishing the attention of getting arrested...

It could be what everyone assumes, I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying that OLB is right, we don't have enough information.

04-05-2017, 10:12 PM
(04-05-2017 10:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... no word on the actual laughter itself and if it was indeed disruptive etc.. You're just assuming it was a simple "guffaw" but with no proof. BUT what we do know is that they seem to be relishing the attention of getting arrested...

It could be what everyone assumes, I'm not saying it's not. I'm just saying that OLB is right, we don't have enough information.

You know the problem with the youth of today. You're fucking lazy. At 1:22-23. First fucking hit on google.

#sigh
04-05-2017, 10:19 PM
(04-05-2017 10:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 10:06 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So... no word on the actual laughter itself and if it was indeed disruptive etc.. You're just assuming it was a simple "guffaw" but with no proof. BUT what we do know is that they seem to be relishing the attention of getting arrested...

You know the problem with the youth of today. You're fucking lazy. At 1:22-23. First fucking hit on google.

I just don't care enough, plus why do the research myself when I can get you to do it for me?

Yea, they gone dun fucked up by arresting her for that.

04-05-2017, 10:21 PM
(04-05-2017 10:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I just don't care enough, plus why do the research myself when I can get you to do it for me?

Touché, dickhead. Touché.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post