Woman redirects tornado with prayer....kills neighbors instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2015, 07:37 AM
RE: Woman redirects tornado with prayer....kills neighbors instead
(29-12-2015 07:21 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Did it occur to this ignorant cunt that her neighbors that died were probably praying too????

I guess they shouldn't have been praying for getting away from their cunt of a neighbor.....

I am currently in an ongoing verbal battle with other atheists on another website falsely accusing me of bigotry towards religion. The current slur one is using is "anti-religion" trying to paint me out to be anti human rights.

This all started years ago when I picked on Buddhism saying it was just as based on myth and superstition as any other.

The first legends of the first Buddha are rooted in superstition. His mother, as the myth goes, was Queen Maya, who was told by by the divine world that she would give birth to a boy who would grow up to give wisdom to the world. He too as the myth goes avoided the birth canal.

It is a myth even today to look at Buddhism as producing peace. China, Tibet, and Japan all contain Buddhists of a variety of sects, and the history of Asia and the Orient have never been 100% peaceful in its entire history.

There is no religion in human history that will cure human ills. Our species behavior is in our evolution. Humans in all of antiquity simply gap filled and claimed to be gate keepers to knowledge, but unfortunately attached that to superstitions.

It is not bigoted to point to bad logic. It is not bigoted to say "I get you like your religion, but there was no religion 200,000 years ago". It is not bigoted to say that evolution was going on long before humans existed.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Don't argue. What is there to gain?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2015, 10:02 AM
(28-12-2015 06:43 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Sigh. Unbelievable. An idiot woman thinks god gave her authority over the winds. She claims she made the tornado go away from her home.

https://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/texas-c...the-winds/

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...en-people/

The woman's name is Sabrina Lowe, so apparently stupidity has a name.

"We actually went outside and started commanding the winds because God had given us authority over the winds — the airways. And we just began to command this storm not to hit our area. We — we spoke to the storm and said, go to unpopulated places. It did exactly what we said to do because God gave us the authority to do that."

Except the unpopulated areas were populated and it killed 8 people. I'll bet they're thanking her. Sabrina Lowe is a stupid fucking religious cunt.

How thoughtful of her Facepalm

These kinds of people scare me. She literally believes she has magical powers. You can't combat that kind of stupid.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
29-12-2015, 10:19 AM
Hurricane Andrew back in 1991 or so: It was scheduled to hit head on into Miami. A local preacher yelling on the radio and TV asking that people pray it away, and when it swerved and went South to kill people in Homestead and that area he claimed credit for it!
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
29-12-2015, 10:38 AM
Reminds me of WBC's "pray for more dead soldiers"

If prayer did work, we would need to worry.

[Image: pray-for-more-dead-soldiers.jpg]
29-12-2015, 10:44 AM
If she thinks she directed the tornado over to the area, then maybe she's responsible for the eight dead. And perhaps she should be put in jail?

I dunno, if she honestly believes she did it, she should suffer the consequences. Tongue

Well, EDIT. I just realized that other people have already posted that. So [insert something devastatingly witty that nobody has yet posted in this thread]. There, that should do it.

"The universe is also within us; we're made of star stuff. We are a way for the Cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
[+] 5 users Like Groofay's post
29-12-2015, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2015 10:57 AM by kim.)
(28-12-2015 11:13 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  ---
This woman is a total idiot. She probably thinks she did some wonderful thing with her prayer shit.

Maybe she did.

Her national advertisement (I heard her on NPR) of this astounding atmospheric event, just might induce other lunatic fanatic believers to step outside during the next tornado or hurricane and have a little prayer session.

One might call it devine justice. Drinking Beverage Not this atheist.

I'd just consider it culling the herd. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
29-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Man, if I could do that, I'd do it all the time. Get drunk, cue up some Wagner, and party with the elements day and night.

There is no "I" in "team" but there is a broken and mixed up "me."
[+] 3 users Like TheMrBillShow's post
29-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Woman redirects tornado with prayer....kills neighbors instead
What an idiot. How I see it is that the tornado just happen to change its course. God had nothing to do with the tornado. That's how I see things. The lady is an idiot for telling it to go to a different area. I hope she feels bad for the people who died in the storm. I hope she gets a law suit but probably not.
29-12-2015, 11:50 AM
(29-12-2015 02:11 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  A lawsuit.... might actually be plausible. She could easily recant her statements and make it impossible to prove that she was responsible (especially since she wasn't), but with some clever lawyering she might be maneuvered into a position where she was forced to either stipulate to having redirected the tornado (making it unnecessary for a plaintiff to establish it as fact) or recant.

I've been recently considering the idea that proper epistemology is rooted in pragmatic considerations and motives -- that WHY we want to know whether something is true is essential in how we go about knowing it. Those who want something to be true because it is familiar or comfortable go about seeking "knowledge" in a very different way than those who think there's a benefit to a clear idea of reality. If this is so, the two models of epistemology can be brought into conflict in a competitive, Darwinian sense, to ensure survival of the fittest... and it's not hard to imagine that the one rooted in the notion of practical benefit would be fitter than the one rooted in masturbatory self-comfort. It would be interesting to watch how quickly this woman's faith in her power over the winds would fade... or not... if clinging to it suddenly had practical consequences. Either way, the object lesson would be useful to society at large.

She'd probably just say "goddidit, not me," pull out Luke 4:12 and Romans 11:33, and then say that she's being religiously persecuted for having to take responsibility for what she's claiming are her actions. Christians tend to love skirting responsibility. It's kind of their modus operandi, you know.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?