Woman redirects tornado with prayer....kills neighbors instead

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2015, 12:28 PM
RE: Woman redirects tornado with prayer....kills neighbors instead
(28-12-2015 09:25 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  A humble servant of God.

Yes. She's just a lowly sinner who deserves hell but has a direct line to the almighty master of the universe and has been granted her power over nature itself.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
29-12-2015, 03:47 PM
Wonder if she could deflect an Earth bound meteor heading for her house and send it over to an ISIS house instead.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-12-2015, 03:56 PM
(29-12-2015 11:35 AM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Man, if I could do that, I'd do it all the time. Get drunk, cue up some Wagner, and party with the elements day and night.

Make some room for me, I want to watch.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
29-12-2015, 05:56 PM
(29-12-2015 03:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 11:35 AM)TheMrBillShow Wrote:  Man, if I could do that, I'd do it all the time. Get drunk, cue up some Wagner, and party with the elements day and night.

Make some room for me, I want to watch.

"I love the smell of ozone in the morning ... smells like victory!"

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 2 users Like Reducetarian's post
29-12-2015, 11:12 PM
(29-12-2015 11:50 AM)cactus Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 02:11 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  A lawsuit.... might actually be plausible. She could easily recant her statements and make it impossible to prove that she was responsible (especially since she wasn't), but with some clever lawyering she might be maneuvered into a position where she was forced to either stipulate to having redirected the tornado (making it unnecessary for a plaintiff to establish it as fact) or recant.

I've been recently considering the idea that proper epistemology is rooted in pragmatic considerations and motives -- that WHY we want to know whether something is true is essential in how we go about knowing it. Those who want something to be true because it is familiar or comfortable go about seeking "knowledge" in a very different way than those who think there's a benefit to a clear idea of reality. If this is so, the two models of epistemology can be brought into conflict in a competitive, Darwinian sense, to ensure survival of the fittest... and it's not hard to imagine that the one rooted in the notion of practical benefit would be fitter than the one rooted in masturbatory self-comfort. It would be interesting to watch how quickly this woman's faith in her power over the winds would fade... or not... if clinging to it suddenly had practical consequences. Either way, the object lesson would be useful to society at large.

She'd probably just say "goddidit, not me," pull out Luke 4:12 and Romans 11:33, and then say that she's being religiously persecuted for having to take responsibility for what she's claiming are her actions. Christians tend to love skirting responsibility. It's kind of their modus operandi, you know.

She'd still have to walk back from her "god gave me authority over the airways and I commanded it not to hit us" shtick. And that waffling alone would be a bit of a black eye.

Overall a lawsuit is ridiculous, of course. Delusions that don't ACTUALLY harm anyone shouldn't land a person in court, whatever harm they THINK they did. I was just trying to think if there was some remotely possible way to scrape some benefit out of the idea.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
30-12-2015, 08:23 AM
Religion - praying to your god for safety for yourself while wishing destruction on others. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-12-2015, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 09:26 AM by Full Circle.)
(29-12-2015 05:56 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(29-12-2015 03:56 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Make some room for me, I want to watch.

"I love the smell of ozone in the morning ... smells like victory!"

Wasn’t the quote, “I love the smell of napalm in the morning”, “It smells like victory”?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce