Women Who Have Abortions Should Be Punished

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2016, 07:23 AM
RE: Women Who Have Abortions Should Be Punished
(05-04-2016 09:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 07:19 PM)Dom Wrote:  It is not possible to be not viable and alive at the same time. You gots to make your picks, like it or not.
I don't understand this statement.
When we say that a 10 week old fetus is not viable, we mean that it is not viable to survive if we remove it from the woman's womb.
It has a heart beat, it has a functioning brain, it has it's own DNA, it is growing and moving. If that's not alive then, wow, I don't seem to know what alive means.

Quote: Full Definition of viable

: capable of living; especially : having attained such form and development as to be normally capable of surviving outside the mother's womb <a viable fetus>

The fetus becomes viable at a certain point. Before that, it is not viable. That means it is not capable of living.

You cannot be living and incapable of living at the same time. It makes no sense.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-04-2016, 07:37 AM
(06-04-2016 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny how we've drifted from the OP. What news from planet Trump these days?

He's still a misogynistic pig last I heard. Just what we need is a president that vies half it's citizens as disgusting and ignorant fuck holes.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
06-04-2016, 08:29 AM
Oh, Trump has been bitch slapped. He won't be holding unscripted meetings anymore.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-04-2016, 10:05 AM
(06-04-2016 03:31 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 11:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  at what point do you preserve the sanctity of life?
I have no interest in preserving the sanctity of life.

Sanctity is a foreign word to me, which is why I don't deem it strong enough to invoke me to interfere in the woman's business. She does what she does, if she has an abortion or not, it is her business, not mine.

Who am I to interfere? I am not a superhero, it is not my place to save the world, to save the innocent.

Perhaps sanctity, especially in the context of this conversation, was an unfortunate word-choice.

You don't find value in extending your concerns beyond your own purview?
06-04-2016, 11:22 AM
(06-04-2016 07:37 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 07:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Funny how we've drifted from the OP. What news from planet Trump these days?

He's still a misogynistic pig last I heard. Just what we need is a president that vies half it's citizens as disgusting and ignorant fuck holes.

Just like Obama.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-04-2016, 11:30 AM
(06-04-2016 11:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 07:37 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  He's still a misogynistic pig last I heard. Just what we need is a president that vies half it's citizens as disgusting and ignorant fuck holes.

Just like Obama.

Evidence please.

06-04-2016, 11:33 AM
(06-04-2016 11:30 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 11:22 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Just like Obama.

Evidence please.

"Clinging to guns and religion."

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
06-04-2016, 11:47 AM
(06-04-2016 11:33 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 11:30 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Evidence please.

Actually, if you look at the whole quote, Obama was criticizing the GOP for not supporting the lower middle class with its legislations and general behavior. He was not declaring that those people were stupid or even wrong. It sounds more like a call to compassion and help than anything else.

«It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustration.»

What I see here is an appeal to support and give a voice to the lower classes who haven't found any other outlet for their frustration than xenophobia and no crotch other than guns or religion to give themselves a semblance of power and pride.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
06-04-2016, 12:09 PM
(06-04-2016 11:33 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(06-04-2016 11:30 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  Evidence please.

That's not evidence of misigyny.

Are you a sockpuppet handle?

06-04-2016, 01:17 PM
(06-04-2016 07:23 AM)Dom Wrote:  
Quote: Full Definition of viable

: capable of living; especially : having attained such form and development as to be normally capable of surviving outside the mother's womb <a viable fetus>

The fetus becomes viable at a certain point. Before that, it is not viable. That means it is not capable of living.

You cannot be living and incapable of living at the same time. It makes no sense.
It's capable of living and it is alive, it is just confined to the mother's womb at that point in time.

If you take it out of the womb then it is not capable of continuing to live for long, it will soon die and then it will be not living.