Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you..

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-03-2013, 12:53 PM
RE: Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you..
(15-03-2013 09:44 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 07:39 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  No argument on most of what you said.

You forget what we know of the African tribes in terms of ritual warfare and how they only fought for territory and resources.
Also, if you consider how many of the more Eastern city states, living in finite resourced areas would have had to resort to child sacrifice as population control then your thinking would change. That is likely why religions first invented prostitution and tried to make procreation a religious ritual.
I hope you have the time to take a look. Let me give you two links, one short and the other long, unfortunately, to illustrate my points.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9cvYB7Tes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TndLzFZI9A
You should remember as well that even up to the middle ages, warfare was often initiated to just get rid of the excessive and young population.
Regards
DL
I don't forget those things, I disagree with them. Those presumptions are and almost always have been made by historians and archaeologists who don't have any understanding of psychology. It's easy to assume that people were fighting over resources and murdering children for population control when you look at some remains without the benefit of understanding what motivates people. The bottom line is that war doesn't pay off. It costs more in resources, both human and material, than it benefits the victor. That's not to say that there weren't warring tribes because there certainly were. But the fact is that they didn't war with one another over food or land. They fought because they were superstitious and we have modern evidence of that truth in places like Papua New Guinea. When people with a psychological understanding have interviewed the members of primitive tribes there, an entirely different story than what archaeologists and historians posit emerges. Childrearing is brutal there and the results are adults who, as I mentioned above, are either schizoid or psychotic. Ritual human sacrifice and infanticide are not practiced for population control. Sacrifice is religious in nature and infanticide happens more often than not because the mother is afraid of the child she has just given birth to... usually she fears that it is possessed by demons and that she must kill it in order to save herself and her other children. Likewise, many more female infants are killed than are males because they believe women to possess demonic powers. Which, by the way, is the reason why women are so often portrayed as monsters devouring children in art of all times through history.

In short, humanity has done itself a huge disservice by basing our assumptions about historical societies on how we think at the time we dig up a ruin. For instance, you and many others presume that children were sacrificed for the purpose of population control because that's the only reason you think you would resort to doing something like that. The problem with that assumption is that humans even as little as a hundred years ago didn't do all things for the same reasons we do them today... or don't do them, as the case may be. One simply can't just imagine how they thought and what their motivations were a thousand, ten thousand or a hundred thousand years ago with no comprehensive understanding of psychology.
No argument that superstition and other conditions cause infanticide. Population control in finite resourced areas is but one.
As to war to get rid of the young. I stand by that statement and point to the middle ages when wars were fought to basically try to capture the rich leaders for ransom. A gentleman's war, so to speak.
Some historians have re-enacted or analysed some battles to see why a greater force was defeated by a smaller one and they have shown to their satisfaction that capture and ransom or the failure to capture those they would ransom aided in their defeat.
Further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_population_control#Ancient_times_through_Middle_Ages

"the greatness of a city rests on the multitude of its inhabitants and their power," but pointed out that a population cannot increase beyond its food supply. If this limit was approached, late marriage, emigration, and war would serve to restore the balance.

He wrote: "The strongest witness is the vast population of the earth to which we are a burden and she scarcely can provide for our needs; as our demands grow greater, our complaints against Nature's inadequacy are heard by all. The scourges of pestilence, famine, wars and earthquakes have come to be regarded as a blessing to overcrowded nations, since they serve to prune away the luxuriant growth of the human race."

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-03-2013, 01:25 PM
(15-03-2013 12:53 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 09:44 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I don't forget those things, I disagree with them. Those presumptions are and almost always have been made by historians and archaeologists who don't have any understanding of psychology. It's easy to assume that people were fighting over resources and murdering children for population control when you look at some remains without the benefit of understanding what motivates people. The bottom line is that war doesn't pay off. It costs more in resources, both human and material, than it benefits the victor. That's not to say that there weren't warring tribes because there certainly were. But the fact is that they didn't war with one another over food or land. They fought because they were superstitious and we have modern evidence of that truth in places like Papua New Guinea. When people with a psychological understanding have interviewed the members of primitive tribes there, an entirely different story than what archaeologists and historians posit emerges. Childrearing is brutal there and the results are adults who, as I mentioned above, are either schizoid or psychotic. Ritual human sacrifice and infanticide are not practiced for population control. Sacrifice is religious in nature and infanticide happens more often than not because the mother is afraid of the child she has just given birth to... usually she fears that it is possessed by demons and that she must kill it in order to save herself and her other children. Likewise, many more female infants are killed than are males because they believe women to possess demonic powers. Which, by the way, is the reason why women are so often portrayed as monsters devouring children in art of all times through history.

In short, humanity has done itself a huge disservice by basing our assumptions about historical societies on how we think at the time we dig up a ruin. For instance, you and many others presume that children were sacrificed for the purpose of population control because that's the only reason you think you would resort to doing something like that. The problem with that assumption is that humans even as little as a hundred years ago didn't do all things for the same reasons we do them today... or don't do them, as the case may be. One simply can't just imagine how they thought and what their motivations were a thousand, ten thousand or a hundred thousand years ago with no comprehensive understanding of psychology.
No argument that superstition and other conditions cause infanticide. Population control in finite resourced areas is but one.
As to war to get rid of the young. I stand by that statement and point to the middle ages when wars were fought to basically try to capture the rich leaders for ransom. A gentleman's war, so to speak.
Some historians have re-enacted or analysed some battles to see why a greater force was defeated by a smaller one and they have shown to their satisfaction that capture and ransom or the failure to capture those they would ransom aided in their defeat.
Further.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_population_control#Ancient_times_through_Middle_Ages

"the greatness of a city rests on the multitude of its inhabitants and their power," but pointed out that a population cannot increase beyond its food supply. If this limit was approached, late marriage, emigration, and war would serve to restore the balance.

He wrote: "The strongest witness is the vast population of the earth to which we are a burden and she scarcely can provide for our needs; as our demands grow greater, our complaints against Nature's inadequacy are heard by all. The scourges of pestilence, famine, wars and earthquakes have come to be regarded as a blessing to overcrowded nations, since they serve to prune away the luxuriant growth of the human race."

Regards
DL
Why didn't they approach the problem of population from a different perspective? After all, if I find that my family has grown larger than our house can accommodate, I don't start killing off kids in order to maintain a balance. Rather, I add a room or build a new house. This is because I'm psychologically capable of thinking in other ways. If I were psychotic, I would choose the former option.

Consider this... lung cancer isn't technically caused by smoking. It's caused by the carcinogens contained within the smoke we inhale, which attach themselves to our lungs. And even then, it's not just the fact that those carcinogens attach to our lungs that causes the cancer, it's the way in which they attack the chemicals in our bodies (or vice versa) that causes the actual cancer. However, the simple act of breathing in a substance isn't the cause of cancer. If it were, there are tons of things that would cause cancer. (I know that there are, but for the purposes of this metaphor, there's no need to be pedantic.) The same applies to war. Sure, it can be said that war was fought for resources but we have to ask... was war the absolute only way in which to procure resources? Was child sacrifice the only way in which to please the rain god? If so... why? Why didn't they come up with some other sort of ritual?

In their minds, there were no other options because they weren't psychologically stable enough to think of them. I think it's pretty well accepted that the resources to produce the iPhone existed ten thousand years ago and the human brain was biologically capable of manipulating those resources into an iPhone. So what was missing?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-03-2013, 01:40 PM
It had nothing to do with the God's. It had to do with the Kings who then manipulated the religion that they invented and controlled. In some instances, religions were blamed.

Remember the Noble Lie.

As that link shows, the methodology for population control is determined by technology, time, place and resources.
Look at that Eden clip again and envision the population that it was built for out in the desert. Then think of the available methods for population control and why the Temple invented Temple prostitutes and why that class was well respected.
I think it was because they reduced the need child sacrifices.
Then wonder why religions tried to implement Ghandi-ish type sexual practices of no sex.
Connect the dots.
Regards
DL
15-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you..
Condoleeza rice, Susan rice, and Hillary Clinton.

These ladies cream their panties at the thought of killing thousands of people.

This thread hasn't turned to the joke of an idea that women are more peaceful has it?
15-03-2013, 07:32 PM
(15-03-2013 06:24 PM)I and I Wrote:  Condoleeza rice, Susan rice, and Hillary Clinton.

These ladies cream their panties at the thought of killing thousands of people.

This thread hasn't turned to the joke of an idea that women are more peaceful has it?
What do the crime and jail stats tell you?
They are either more peaceful and less criminal than men or way smarter criminals than men.
Pick your poison.
Regards
DL
15-03-2013, 08:21 PM
(15-03-2013 07:32 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  What do the crime and jail stats tell you?
They are either more peaceful and less criminal than men or way smarter criminals than men.
Pick your poison.
Regards
DL
"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

Do you think violent men are raised by peaceful, benevolent women?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
20-03-2013, 07:49 PM

I keep seeing this poem on other forums... it's starting to get really annoying. Dodgy
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2013, 10:40 AM
(15-03-2013 08:21 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 07:32 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  What do the crime and jail stats tell you?
Pick your poison.
Regards
DL
"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

Yes.
Was your mother otherwise?

Regards
DL
29-03-2013, 10:42 AM
(20-03-2013 07:49 PM)That Icelandic Wrote:  I keep seeing this poem on other forums... it's starting to get really annoying. Dodgy

Regards
DL
29-03-2013, 06:53 PM
(29-03-2013 10:40 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(15-03-2013 08:21 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  "The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world."

Yes.
Was your mother otherwise?

Regards
DL

Can you elaborate?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Women reclaiming the word SLUT Kavos 73 1,982 08-04-2014 10:51 AM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  There is no "war on women" BrokenQuill92 11 313 12-02-2014 08:08 AM
Last Post: War Horse
  Fetishizing women of colour Kavos 23 849 12-12-2013 12:39 PM
Last Post: grizzlysnake
  Apparently men are happier with attractive women Kavos 25 967 11-12-2013 06:14 AM
Last Post: Monster_Riffs
  Comfort women being sent to service so called radical muslims in Syria. I and I 12 444 08-10-2013 03:56 PM
Last Post: Filox
  Ohio really screwed women on this anti abortion laws Bows and Arrows 8 387 01-07-2013 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Women fail Marine IOC, repeat performance. TheBlackKnight 25 1,207 24-06-2013 12:23 PM
Last Post: ridethespiral