Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you..

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-04-2013, 11:24 AM
RE: Women. You have men by the balls. No one can network like you..
(29-03-2013 06:53 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 10:40 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Yes.
Was your mother otherwise?

Regards
DL

Can you elaborate?

Check the jail stats and tell us who are less violent and who you think are more peaceful and benevolent.

Men or women and which ones you would prefer raising your children?

Regards
DL
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2013, 12:27 PM
(28-02-2013 12:39 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(18-02-2013 01:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Patriarchal haste has had it's day and done it's thing.
The future takes time.
Sheesh... always with the rushing. Dodgy
Have you looked at the environment lately?
That is why the rushing.
I care about daughters and not just granddaughters or great great granddaughters.

Well here's another clichéd adage for you:
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Horse = Humans
Water = Evolution
Drink = Adapt

.... until it's his own idea to do so.

The future takes time. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
01-04-2013, 12:59 PM
(01-04-2013 12:27 PM)kim Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 12:39 PM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Have you looked at the environment lately?
That is why the rushing.
I care about daughters and not just granddaughters or great great granddaughters.

Well here's another clichéd adage for you:
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Horse = Humans
Water = Evolution
Drink = Adapt

.... until it's his own idea to do so.

The future takes time. Drinking Beverage

True. Especially since evolution is driven by chaos and chance.

Regards
DL
01-04-2013, 07:38 PM
(01-04-2013 11:24 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(29-03-2013 06:53 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Can you elaborate?

Check the jail stats and tell us who are less violent and who you think are more peaceful and benevolent.

Regards
DL

Jail statistics don't answer the question of which gender is more violent. It answers the question of which gender makes up a larger portion of the inmate population.

Blacks are a much larger percentage of the inmate population and they're also a much smaller percentage of the overall population. Thus, using your methodology, we should presume that blacks are far, far more violent and prone to criminal behavior than are whites.

Is that your position as well?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-04-2013, 09:47 AM
(01-04-2013 07:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 11:24 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  Check the jail stats and tell us who are less violent and who you think are more peaceful and benevolent.

Regards
DL

Jail statistics don't answer the question of which gender is more violent. It answers the question of which gender makes up a larger portion of the inmate population.

Blacks are a much larger percentage of the inmate population and they're also a much smaller percentage of the overall population. Thus, using your methodology, we should presume that blacks are far, far more violent and prone to criminal behavior than are whites.

I will take my point on criminality of women as compared to men. Thanks.

To you question.
Yes. More blacks are prone to criminal behavior than are whites.
That is in terms of people choosing to do crime. Not as a basic part of their character.

To think that crime is not practiced more by the poor is rather droll.

Crime is driven by socio economic forces and these forces will have more of an impact in the poor areas than the rich.

Regards
DL
02-04-2013, 10:13 AM
(02-04-2013 09:47 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 07:38 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Jail statistics don't answer the question of which gender is more violent. It answers the question of which gender makes up a larger portion of the inmate population.

I will take my point on criminality of women as compared to men. Thanks.

To you question.
Yes. More blacks are prone to criminal behavior than are whites.
That is in terms of people choosing to do crime. Not as a basic part of their character.

To think that crime is not practiced more by the poor is rather droll.

Crime is driven by socio economic forces and these forces will have more of an impact in the poor areas than the rich.

Regards
DL

"Not as a basic part of their character."

Right. And the same applies to men and women. Further, we know that blacks are more likely (through no fault of their own) to be wrongly imprisoned. And it stands to reason that for at least some percentage of the black men in jail wrongly, there should be a white man there instead, so that further skews the observed ratio. Blacks are also much more likely to be in prison over non violent, victimless criminal acts such as drug possession. Likewise with domestic violence calls, it is more often the male who is jailed even when the female initiated the violence. Moreover, I think you would agree that if there were actually some prosecutions for wrongdoing in the recent US banking scandals, there would be a good many more white men sitting in jail right now than there currently are.

In both the cases of blacks v. whites and of men v. women, the jail stats only tell us who ended up in jail. Not who is more often violent/criminal.

My point is that women are far more often the primary caregivers to children. We know that violent people come from violent environments. And we know that violence against children is all too often not reported and, not prosecuted. Thus, it is quite likely that on balance, women are at least as violent as men, although much of their violence is not reflected in the prison statistics you claim. Therefore, prison statistics are useless as a means of finding out anything other than who is in jail.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
I have given my reasons for my position and you have given nothing to show that women and men are equally violent

You deny my proof without giving anything but speculation.

Call that a win for you if you like but it would be your delusion.

You might want to look at domestic violence stats and note how often it is a woman being charged.

Regards
DL
02-04-2013, 10:32 AM
(02-04-2013 10:24 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  I have given my reasons for my position and you have given nothing to show that women and men are equally violent

You deny my proof without giving anything but speculation.

Call that a win for you if you like but it would be your delusion.

You might want to look at domestic violence stats and note how often it is a woman being charged.

Regards
DL

I don't care who is "charged". That has nothing to do with who is actually doing more violence, more frequently. And, I'm not trying to win anything. I'm trying to point out to you that examining the numbers of people who are actually in prison is not a valid method for finding out who is actually violent more often.

I've not claimed that women are objectively more violent than men are. I don't know what the exact numbers are. But I do know that the source you are using as proof of your claim that men are more violent is not a valid source.

02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
B S.
Unless you can provide a better one.

Regards
DL
02-04-2013, 10:48 AM
(02-04-2013 10:35 AM)Greatest I am Wrote:  B S.
Unless you can provide a better one.

Regards
DL

No. I don't have to provide a better source in order to prove that yours is flawed. I don't have to explain how the universe was created in order to demonstrate that "God done it" isn't a valid answer, either.