Women and Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2010, 07:31 PM

RE: Women and Atheism
I don't think it's to do with beliefs, it's probably just (like someone else stated) the trend that it's mostly males who are part of things like internet forums just like with gaming. There's probably not a male bias of Atheists, men just tend to be more outspoken about things.
Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2010, 10:40 PM
I have to agree with the fact that men do get on internet forums more in general. This is a factor that could be the reason why more men are on here. Women, atleast in the United States I'm unsure of other countries, tend to make up the majority of college students. So when it comes to education I think women have men beat. Atheist population wise I would think it would be closer to even. I know a few atheist females and a few atheist males.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2010, 02:38 AM
(22-12-2010 06:41 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  they don't actually say it to my face, I have just heard that from other people (that some people find me that way). I don't know why....I try to be open and friendly with everyone.

Being open and friendly is intimidating to some people. Some people are intimidated by anyone or anything that does not feel familiar to them. They have a very tiny comfort zone and the people they know are not very open and friendly, so you are different and outside of their comfort zone. I don't know if this describes your situation, but it is a possibility.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply