Women and roles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2011, 10:28 PM
RE: Women and roles
(09-09-2011 08:44 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(09-09-2011 08:26 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  All i can add is i completly agree with you.

I am all for equal treatment for women, but in the US it almost seems like its taboo to be a man anymore.

Hi, I'm not in the USA which may be why you've lost me. Could you explain what you mean?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2011, 11:44 PM
(10-09-2011 02:12 AM)Blythe Wrote:  I found this and it horrified me, i wanted to throw something
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Books,%20...o_lady.htm

My site: http://www.cracksinthemirror.com

That's some sorta weird American humour, right? written in the 16th century?

"2. Teach her strict obedience. Other chapters stress the fact that obedience is the most necessary ingredient to be required from the child. This is especially true in the life of a girl, for she must be obedient all of her life". Big Grin

My daughters would disown me,lol!

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Blythe, I agree with you completely. I wish all of society thought the same way as you.
Freethought Blogger Ophelia Benson is diligent at keeping us up to date on the many atrocities committed in the name of god against women.

Butterflies and Wheels

I am very concerned about the recent rise of fundamentalist and patriarchal movements that relegate the role of women strictly to the maintenance of the home; server of the husband and producer of children.
What is going on here? Men fearing of their role in the family? Extreme need to control upbringing? Dependence of hierarchical family structure as well as all other aspects of their lives?
Do these people not know how to live with Freedom? They seem to be begging for chains and shackles - I just don't understand it.
12-09-2011, 03:43 PM
I just saw a proposed bumper-sticker:

Repeal the 20th century. Vote GOP.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.