Women and speech

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 05:47 AM
Women and speech
Sorry not sure where to put this.

So a lot of women my age refer to each other affectionately as "bitch" and I'm not sure why but it rubs me the wrong way. Your thoughts?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 05:58 AM
RE: Women and speech
What is the right way to rub you bitch?

Using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Phil Hill's post
30-01-2014, 05:59 AM
I don't like it either. A lot of my friends call each other bitch, ho, sklut, etc.
I don't really get it, but whatever floats their boats I guess. I usually just pretend I don't notice unless it's not a close friend, then I just tell them no they cannot call me that.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
30-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Same here
30-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Unless they are pissed at each other, it shows very little class in normal conversation.

Same could be said for some guys too.

It is a sign of youth and /or lack of education.
30-01-2014, 07:22 AM
I think you shouldn't be with such friends if you don't like it. Or you might just get used to it if they are that important.
And I think calling each other that doesn't signify anything.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 07:28 AM
(30-01-2014 07:09 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Unless they are pissed at each other, it shows very little class in normal conversation.

Same could be said for some guys too.

It is a sign of youth and /or lack of education.

Well, I do consider myself to be still somewhat youngish. Most of my friends are in their early 20's (I am 24). Honestly, I think even if they're pissed it still shows little class. I don't swear though, and most people my age think it's very odd that I don't swear lol. Maybe they're all normal and we are the weird ones idk. Haha

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
[+] 1 user Likes LostandInsecure's post
30-01-2014, 07:51 AM
I think it is an issue of class and age. Personally, I don't like it, don't use it, hate to hear it.

Also, I hear men referred to this way: women call men bitch, sometimes men call men bitch.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
30-01-2014, 08:00 AM
(30-01-2014 07:28 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Well, I do consider myself to be still somewhat youngish. Most of my friends are in their early 20's (I am 24). Honestly, I think even if they're pissed it still shows little class. I don't swear though, and most people my age think it's very odd that I don't swear lol. Maybe they're all normal and we are the weird ones idk. Haha

Not wierd at all, just more mature. Thumbsup

I will admit that I do cuss when its called for, considering the crowd I hang out with. Tho it would surprise most how little "name calling" goes on with us, respect is high on the priority list with my social contacts.

Calling someone a dumb fuck, is usually the most , but also when well deserved or in half fun. Wink
30-01-2014, 08:07 AM
I cuss...a lot...but I don't call my female friends bitches. To me, it's classless. I'm 28, if that matters at all, and if a female friend were to affectionately or angrily call me a bitch we'd have some issues. Maybe it's time to upgrade the class of friends you surround yourself with?

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post