Women and speech
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 10:25 AM by Luminon.)
RE: Women and speech
There's calling each other bitches and hoes because the men or women involved have the IQ of a police car exhaust pipe. Usually it's a habit since when they were young, their parents were the most foul-mouthed sonofabitches, yet they smacked their children when the children repeated their vulgarities. So when the kids were alone, they made a statement, "Yo, fucka, look how I can talk the grownup way when my old folks aren't around!"

On a more deeper level, I think the casual insults are a statement of "look, we're so good buddies that we can call each other the worst things and it won't make a goddamn fuckin' dent on our rock-solid friendship." In that sense it's kind of cool, such a crude display of neolithic comradeship.

Sure enough, people didn't dare to call me anything for many years. They'd have to get to know me and that is an not easy and safe job.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 10:45 AM
RE: Women and speech
(30-01-2014 05:59 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I don't like it either. A lot of my friends call each other bitch, ho, sklut, etc.
I don't really get it, but whatever floats their boats I guess. I usually just pretend I don't notice unless it's not a close friend, then I just tell them no they cannot call me that.

I disagree (for the guy part, can't speak for women).
My friends and are assholes to each other. Hell, I was trying to get one of them to commit suicide. Sounds fucked up right?
See, that's where personal experiences come in. We know each other better than you, the reader (or pesky listener) do. So we can get away with it because we all know we're just joking. It's just what guys do (at least all the ones I know).
I would say it's like a macho thing, if you can't take it then you're a wuss. Now, of course, when my friend was suicidal, who was it that talked him out of blowing his brains out? Who was it that constantly checked in on him to make sure he was OK? Who was it that was just there for him?
So guess what his replies are when I tell him to kill himself? They are all reinforcements of self worth, and they show high self esteem. So I always know when he is feeling down just by the responses he gives.
There's a difference between just being an ass, and being ass with a friend.
I would assume women are the same way, but like I said, I can't say for sure.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply