Women and their feelings towards weight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Women and their feelings towards weight.
If you know a woman who feels negatively about her weight, tell her that she's beautiful anyways. She needs to hear it. Sure taking care of yourself matters, but some women just naturally have weight problems, and this often triggers numerous cases of depression and what not. To all ladies that feel as if they're over weight, focusing on your weight is nonsense, because you're still beautiful. You don't need to be Barbie.

In fact, if Barbie was an actual woman, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe. Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs. At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate. She’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions. Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like itsFerdinand's post
28-11-2011, 02:34 AM
RE: Women and their feelings towards weight.
Well, isn't it easy just not to eat and exercise a bit? Smile Just stay off the junk food, chips and sweets and half of the problem is solved. Get a dog and walk with him/her few hours a day and the other half of the problem is solved. Also, if you learn how to cook, so you make you own meals, that can be a huge factor in weight control, all this instant food you buy in supermarket is terrible for health and weight. This all takes a lot of time and energy, so most of the people prefer to stay fat and depressed.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Filox's post
28-11-2011, 04:27 AM
(27-11-2011 09:23 PM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  If you know a woman who feels negatively about her weight, tell her that she's beautiful anyways. She needs to hear it. Sure taking care of yourself matters, but some women just naturally have weight problems, and this often triggers numerous cases of depression and what not. To all ladies that feel as if they're over weight, focusing on your weight is nonsense, because you're still beautiful. You don't need to be Barbie.

In fact, if Barbie was an actual woman, she would be 5’9” tall, have a 39” bust, an 18” waist, 33” hips and a size 3 shoe. Barbie calls this a “full figure” and likes her weight at 110 lbs. At 5’9” tall and weighing 110 lbs, Barbie would have a BMI of 16.24 and fit the weight criteria for anorexia. She likely would not menstruate. She’d have to walk on all fours due to her proportions. Slumber Party Barbie was introduced in 1965 and came with a bathroom scale permanently set at 110 lbs with a book entitled “How to Lose Weight” with directions inside stating simply “Don’t eat.”

I'm going to try and say this as nicely as I can.
Oh how to put this? We as humans are biologically designed to seek out the healtheist mate. So people who are sticks and people who are... umm..... entire trees, tend to be viewed as less than desireable. Sure you have the odd person with somewhat broken instincts that actively search out a "disproportionate" mate for unknown reasons. But they do not represent the whole.

I was once posed with the question "Do you thin I'm beautiful?" This was coming from a "lady" that couldn't use a seatbelt because it wasn't long enough to go around her circumfrence. I responded with"Are you asking me if I find you beautiful on the inside? I hope so because you don't want to hear my answer for the outside part of you." I could have been nicer but she knew better than to ask ME such a question.

As for self-esteem or lack there of. I find overweight or underweight women complaining about their weight to be on the same level of annoyingness (It's a word now as far as I'm concerned.) as an emo kid complaining about their emotions. I don't understand how one cannot have overall self-esteem. I find people who complain about this are weak and need to suck it up. Non-shallow men find a women who has self-confidence and a strong will far more attractive than body measurements.

Now I'll stop typing before I hit someone's nerve and become an even larger target of hate....not that I care.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 2 users Like Hamata k's post
28-11-2011, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 05:51 AM by Filox.)
Just a note, so you wouldn't get me wrong, I never say things like Hamata K to women who are a bit out of proportions, but I do agree that "Non-shallow men find a women who has self-confidence and a strong will far more attractive than body measurements". I know a lot of all sorts of women, I was always surrounded with more women than men, and no I'm not gay, so I am quite aware how they think, what they want and how they act to get it. Believe me, I know women better than they know themselves, and most of them who bitch about the weight and complain and cry about it, don't do shit about the fact, they eat when they are sad, but they are sad because they eat. WTF!?! If I see that I have no breaks, I tell everything what's coming to them and they were never mad at me, just glad that somebody actually told them the truth. Of course, I have my diplomatic approach, so I do things gently. I don't know any that took my advice and started to live "more normal", but my part was done.

If you tell a fat lady (sorry for the expression) that she is beautiful and not fat you are:
a) hypocrite who is lying to his friend
b) a "feeder" who loves unnaturally big ladies.

If you are a true friend, help that girl, tell her the truth and help her to get over her problem. There are multiple ways do to it, one of them is tons of sex. So get busy and help your friends, because lying to people with problems can lead to even more problems for them. Truth can be ugly, but at least your conscience is clear and some people need to hear the truth to get their ass of the ground.

P.S.

Of course, there are woman who think they are fat, but they are not, they look great. Now there is a real problem and no matter how much times you tell them they are beautiful and perfect they still think they are not, so to them I recommend professional help, because this kind of thinking leads to anorexia, bulimia or other shitty illness.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post
28-11-2011, 07:28 AM
There is a big difference between being "chubby", "fat", and "obese", and apparently a lot of you didn't get the right message. I never assumed either of the adjectives, just stated that "If you know a woman who feels negatively about her weight" - this (though I did distinctly direct this to weighty women, but I'll continue on with my point), if you think about it, could even be directed towards women who feel the need to starve themselves to get a "Barbie-like" figure, and this is where my analysis of a real life Barbie came into detail.

I didn't say to lie when complimenting a weighty woman. What made me post this is something that occurred last night while I was on Tumblr. I follow this girl's blog, and she follows me, and she's always been a little overweight (Not obese). An anon kept messaging her about her weight, calling her useless, ugly (which, she's really not. She has a gorgeous face. Just has weight problems), even told her do go and die, which made me really mad, because this person kept going on and on about how skinny they were and shit.
I messaged the girl, Lexi, and told her that no matter what assholes like that say to her, to keep in mind that she's who she is. She has a beautiful face, a funny personality, and her weight can be helped. This world, and nobody in it is perfect.

When it comes to exercising and eating LESS, you're stripping your body of the proper amounts of energy it NEEDS WHEN you exercise. Your body's going to want back, what you take from it. And with food as our source for nutrients and energy, we need to eat properly. Eating healthy is always required in an exercising diet. But does everyone eat properly? No. But then again, not EVERYONE has weight problems. So though most people should eat properly, not everyone feels the need to, because not everyone has to watch their weight as closely.

And keep in mind that there are such eating disorders that are "reversed"; as where unlike Bulimia, or Anorexia rid weight, a Binge disorder is an eating disorder that's the complete opposite. People with Binge disorders just keep eating and eating, even when they're full, because their brain tells them too. Having any eating disorder really takes it's toll on a human being, mentally and physically. This being directed especially towards teens who crave extra nutrients for adolescent bone and muscle growth, considering the adolescent part of your life is the quickest of developing. Teens (Girls, and even guys) 1) often feel the need to be completely skinny due to adolescent pressures. 2) eat out of depression. It CAN be helped, but it's difficult, and straining. Eating disorders fall under the same categories as cutting and what not.

My best friend has an eating disorder where she can just eat and eat and eat, but she doesn't gain a single pound. She's always been tiny, but I always thought that's just how she was built. Now that I know, I can tell that this really depresses her sometimes, because she's underweight, and she's actually not happy about it.

It sounds to me as if some of you just haven't had to face this challenge yourself, or met someone who has an eating disorder, or who has to face a similar struggle. These people really change you. They make you just... want to help, and change, and do something for the better.
[+] 2 users Like itsFerdinand's post
28-11-2011, 09:37 AM

(28-11-2011 07:28 AM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  My best friend has an eating disorder where she can just eat and eat and eat, but she doesn't gain a single pound. She's always been tiny, but I always thought that's just how she was built. Now that I know, I can tell that this really depresses her sometimes, because she's underweight, and she's actually not happy about it.
I'm actually glad that you mentioned me on here.
I don't know why, but I am.

I've forgotten what the disorder is called, but it isn't too common.

I eat, so much!
But, I fail to gain any weight.
Sometime I go home & cry because of the horrible things people say about my weight.
I can't help it, & that's what they don't understand.

That's why I don't judge anyone on their weight, because I don't know if they have a good reason why they are how they are, or not.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like calmyourtitsbro's post
28-11-2011, 09:49 AM
I like this thread. Shows people for who they really are. Guys are, at best, dense about feelings, and young ladies are brilliantly equipped and able to pwn people with such insensitivity.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-11-2011, 12:29 PM
(27-11-2011 09:23 PM)itsFerdinand Wrote:  If you know a woman who feels negatively about her weight, tell her that she's beautiful anyways.

I find it sad and maddening when women insist in basing their self worth on some media stereotype. My sister is bulimic and there's absolutely nothing I can tell her that will make her feel good about herself. The woman has to finally break through that distorted mindset, and realize what's important in life. Until then, there's no amount of compliments that will change her mind. Self esteem comes from within.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
28-11-2011, 12:37 PM
(28-11-2011 12:29 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I find it sad and maddening when women insist in basing their self worth on some media stereotype. My sister is bulimic and there's absolutely nothing I can tell her that will make her feel good about herself. The woman has to finally break through that distorted mindset, and realize what's important in life. Until then, there's no amount of compliments that will change her mind. Self esteem comes from within.

In that case, you need to find out how to help her, or someone else that can help her break through her distorted mind set. It's not impossible if you push her to an extent and let her know that you care (assuming that you do), or that someone else cares.
28-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I think it`s also important for people (I don`t say women, because there are men who feel like this too) to realize that our generally accepted picture of a beautiful person doesn`t coincide with a healthy person. Also, there are many people out there who prefer someone who is on the heavier side. Personally, I much prefer a woman who has some weight to her. Not so much over weight, but on the bigger side of a healthy weight. (And over weight is an oft misused term. It should mean unhealthy, not bigger than the average moron would like to ogle).

All that said, if I were to meet someone who was bigger or smaller than I would normally prefer, but found that they were awesome, then my percepion of them would likely change. I really don`t have a problem seeing the beauty in someone, and having that actually affect how I literally see them. If you walk into a room and I can`t help but smile when I see you, then you are beautiful. That`s that.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Stark Raving's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Men's Equivalent to Women Getting Flowers? QueenTit 55 773 04-08-2014 09:15 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Is it unusual to prefer women without makeup? give me moon rocks 207 2,744 04-06-2014 12:04 PM
Last Post: WitchSabrina
  EVERYTHING a man does in his life he does to get laid and to impress women. MentalMasturbation 122 3,763 16-08-2013 02:09 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
  Men are WORTHLESS. What do they have to offer? NOTHING. (Women give you children) MentalMasturbation 57 3,273 15-08-2013 03:56 PM
Last Post: Azaraith
  Christians and their funny feelings. TheAmazingAustralopithecus 4 246 09-06-2013 11:08 PM
Last Post: TheAmazingAustralopithecus
  Sex with drunk women MisterMaggot 29 2,200 19-02-2013 01:45 PM
Last Post: bemore
  Do women feel imgainary pain when see male gets injured in their genitle? BlahBlokesBraBroke 6 430 25-03-2012 08:00 PM
Last Post: BlahBlokesBraBroke