Women and their feelings towards weight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2012, 12:03 PM
RE: Women and their feelings towards weight.
(29-01-2012 08:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This blog post seems relevant here.

And this video feels worthy of repeat embedding. Smile

... I thought my wife would find that video hilarious, but all I got was a smack in the back of the head. ... Fuck, I'll never figure that woman out.

I am not sure about the relevance of this post. I thought we were discussing obese individuals not people at healthy weight. It seems so obvious it doesn't need to be spelled out loud that small variations of a healthy weight are entirely a matter of personal preference (some men prefer thinner girls, others prefer those with "a bit of meat on their bones"). But putting this in with the obese individuals seems like muddying the water to me. To be perfectly honest, I think anyone can see that this:

[Image: nl_23100051.jpg]

isn't even in the same solar system as this:

[Image: obese-women-less-likely-to-breastfeed.jpg]

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes sy2502's post
31-01-2012, 12:39 PM
(31-01-2012 12:03 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I thought we were discussing obese individuals not people at healthy weight.

No, we weren't. Obesity came up in the conversation, but read the original post (which I also just reposted on the last page), it is not about obesity. It is about acceptance.
31-01-2012, 01:00 PM
(31-01-2012 12:39 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(31-01-2012 12:03 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  I thought we were discussing obese individuals not people at healthy weight.

No, we weren't. Obesity came up in the conversation, but read the original post (which I also just reposted on the last page), it is not about obesity. It is about acceptance.

Actually, more than acceptance, I got the impression it was about aesthetics. People complaining that obese isn't considered beautiful. No, obese is not considered beautiful. That's just the way it is. Nevertheless this doesn't mean only one kind of woman is considered beautiful by all 7 billion people on the planet. The plus size model above is not skinny, but I am willing to bet more people find her beautiful than they would the obese people in the other picture. Some posters insist the reason we find the plus model more beautiful than the obese individuals is that we are brainwashed by society, and that we MUST find the obese individuals as beautiful as the model. Of course how do you reply to someone who's only argument is "you say that because you are brainwashed"?

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
31-01-2012, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 03:12 PM by germanyt.)
(31-01-2012 12:03 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(29-01-2012 08:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  This blog post seems relevant here.

And this video feels worthy of repeat embedding. Smile

... I thought my wife would find that video hilarious, but all I got was a smack in the back of the head. ... Fuck, I'll never figure that woman out.

I am not sure about the relevance of this post. I thought we were discussing obese individuals not people at healthy weight. It seems so obvious it doesn't need to be spelled out loud that small variations of a healthy weight are entirely a matter of personal preference (some men prefer thinner girls, others prefer those with "a bit of meat on their bones"). But putting this in with the obese individuals seems like muddying the water to me. To be perfectly honest, I think anyone can see that this:

[Image: nl_23100051.jpg]

isn't even in the same solar system as this:

[Image: obese-women-less-likely-to-breastfeed.jpg]

I can't see the 2nd pic because of my web filter but I assume it's a whale. As for the first, she's kinda pretty but does nothing for me. She's not fat but def overweight IMO. If she or others don't think so then that's fine. I don't expect everyone to subscribe to what I find beautiful or sexy. We are all different. The girl in the pic looks perfectly healthy though.

But this chick is fuarking gorgeous and sexy.
[Image: Super-Sexy-Girls-Screensaver_tspb.jpg]
Also, while we are on the subject. This is probably my ideal woman. She has the most gorgeous face I've ever seen. Body is nothing to complain about either.

[Image: 350119-wedding.jpg]

Rachel McAdams' face on someone like Holly Madison's body,

[Image: hnnng.jpg]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
31-01-2012, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2012 07:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-01-2012 02:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  But since I posted it I will say that Adele would probably be smokin' hot if she was like 30lbs lighter.

And the fact that she doesn't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks is what makes her smokin' hot to me. Sexy is an attitude.

(31-01-2012 12:03 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  ... isn't even in the same solar system as this: ...

Yeah, we got it. You find obesity repulsive, even repugnant. That's not a feeling I want to share. I mean, hell, I'd never be able to shop at WalMart again.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
31-01-2012, 09:52 PM
(31-01-2012 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-01-2012 02:05 PM)germanyt Wrote:  But since I posted it I will say that Adele would probably be smokin' hot if she was like 30lbs lighter.

And the fact that she doesn't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks is what makes her smokin' hot to me. Sexy is an attitude.

(31-01-2012 12:03 PM)sy2502 Wrote:  ... isn't even in the same solar system as this: ...

Yeah, we got it. You find obesity repulsive, even repugnant. That's not a feeling I want to share. I mean, hell, I'd never be able to shop at WalMart again.

You shouldn't be shopping at WalMart in the first place.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-01-2012, 11:02 PM
(31-01-2012 09:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  You shouldn't be shopping at WalMart in the first place.

Agreed, but for reasons deserving a separate thread.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
01-02-2012, 09:22 AM
(31-01-2012 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And the fact that she doesn't give a shit what you or anyone else thinks is what makes her smokin' hot to me. Sexy is an attitude.

I also think that it's a great quality. And I agree that sexy can be many things. Not just a body. Beauty on the other hand is soley based on looks though.

Just to clarify, I don't have a problem with overweight or homely looking women feeling good about themselves. I'm not saying that they should shame themselves into changing their appearance. I just don't want to hear ugly chicks complain about media distortion of beauty. It's not distorted. The media portrays exactly what most men think is attractive. If a woman is mad because she doesn't get any attention then do something about it. Don't expect to 'feminist' your way into the convincing people you are good looking.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
01-02-2012, 02:04 PM
maaaan.... next time with such pics please warn that it's not safe for work, ok?
I was looking into this thread at work and there are those women nearly naked and I am like wtf and start scrolling down hoping ... nohooo sir.... more girls....
not cool... please warn when you post such pics, thanks

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
My desire to reply has outweighed my desire to be non-confrontational.

As one of the aforementioned ugly chicks, or at least as someone who can't begin to compete with the women in those pictures, I shall weigh in. I also don't think that society puts impossibly high standards on aesthetics, and I disagree with women who claim this (although I have looked into this barbie-doll issue and the OP appears to be right about that)
But I do think that society puts too high a value on physical beauty, especially in women. And yes I believe this is the fault of a patriarchal society. I know a lot more women whose self-esteem is tied into their physical appearance than men are.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor