Women and their feelings towards weight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2012, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2012 04:48 PM by germanyt.)
RE: Women and their feelings towards weight.
(01-02-2012 05:42 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  My desire to reply has outweighed my desire to be non-confrontational.

As one of the aforementioned ugly chicks, or at least as someone who can't begin to compete with the women in those pictures, I shall weigh in. I also don't think that society puts impossibly high standards on aesthetics, and I disagree with women who claim this (although I have looked into this barbie-doll issue and the OP appears to be right about that)
But I do think that society puts too high a value on physical beauty, especially in women. And yes I believe this is the fault of a patriarchal society. I know a lot more women whose self-esteem is tied into their physical appearance than men are.

I do agree that often times men and women alike focus on physical appearance too much. Lots of great qualities get overlooked when 'on the prowl' because looks take center stage. I think that if more people let themselves they might just fall for someone that they otherwise wouldn't have considered. Personality goes a long way.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 06:46 PM
HUGHSIE THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
27-01-2014, 06:49 PM
(27-01-2014 06:46 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  HUGHSIE THIS IS THE THREAD FOR YOU

I hate you. Drinking Beverage

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.