Women cry...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 02:55 PM
RE: Women cry...?
Perhaps a better question is "Why do any animals cry at all?"

It would seem that no matter the circumstance or the species, drawing attention to yourself in such a way might seem to be counter-intuitive. But so would ornate and bright feathers on a male peacock, and that is a result of sexual selection.

So, perhaps the ability for a woman to show empathy but the inability for man to show it, are traits selected for by the opposite sex. Men want a woman capable of showing emotion because it demonstrates an ability to recognize messages given out by others without the need for language? Perhaps this would be most beneficial for rearing offspring who (even when we have language) can't communicate in any other way. This gets more heavily selected for in a species that has group behavior because the likelihood of being attacked for crying (or expressing any other loud, attention-grabbing emotion) is reduced since lone predators avoid attacking large groups.

Women select men who resist the ability to show emotion because it may be a sign of strength? Men who are able to remain cold and emotionless, will be better at defending?

As to why you are currently crying, I have no idea. I do know that any given glass of tap-water has trace amounts of various chemicals, including birth control. It is certainly possible that a hormonal imbalance could be attained naturally or even just through the ingestion of simple tap-water. That is speculation too though, and speculation based off of something that I am not particularly qualified to judge the validity of.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Ha - yea, I kept an eye on this particular face cream - and sure enough, it got put in the "womens" section of the drug store and the label changed to include "dr. approved to enhance hormone replacement therapy".

There are some herbs that require an ID; Black Cohosh and Blue Cohosh to name two. They can also be found in the "womens" section.

Maca root has been my best friend for the past two years. It's a ground tuber like a potato and it acts like testosterone. When I first started using it - no instructions of course - I kind of overdosed... masturbating like a 16 year old boy was my first clue. After that first lost week or so... I found my proper amounts. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
20-11-2012, 03:01 PM
(20-11-2012 02:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Perhaps a better question is "Why do any animals cry at all?"

It would seem that no matter the circumstance or the species, drawing attention to yourself in such a way might seem to be counter-intuitive. But so would ornate and bright feathers on a male peacock, and that is a result of sexual selection.

So, perhaps the ability for a woman to show empathy but the inability for man to show it, are traits selected for by the opposite sex. Men want a woman capable of showing emotion because it demonstrates an ability to recognize messages given out by others without the need for language? Perhaps this would be most beneficial for rearing offspring who (even when we have language) can't communicate in any other way. This gets more heavily selected for in a species that has group behavior because the likelihood of being attacked for crying (or expressing any other loud, attention-grabbing emotion) is reduced since lone predators avoid attacking large groups.

Women select men who resist the ability to show emotion because it may be a sign of strength? Men who are able to remain cold and emotionless, will be better at defending?

As to why you are currently crying, I have no idea. I do know that any given glass of tap-water has trace amounts of various chemicals, including birth control. It is certainly possible that a hormonal imbalance could be attained naturally or even just through the ingestion of simple tap-water. That is speculation too though, and speculation based off of something that I am not particularly qualified to judge the validity of.

You are trying to give it too much purpose of a social kind.

Much of the time it is just physical, the body secreting certain toxins and also producing chemicals that calm.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
20-11-2012, 03:04 PM
(20-11-2012 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 02:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Perhaps a better question is "Why do any animals cry at all?"

Much of the time it is just physical, the body secreting certain toxins and also producing chemicals that calm.
But there are other ways of excreting toxins. Not all animals can cry. Other methods for these calming chemicals are also induced. The point I was trying to emphasize is that the escalation of it in humans is a result of selection pressure and this particular trait is most likely social in nature as a result of sexual selection.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
20-11-2012, 08:40 PM
(19-11-2012 07:05 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  BS it isn't sexism. You could maybe argue nurture over nature, but not sexism.
This also. It's more socially acceptable for women to cry. Boys are told to express emotions in other ways, or not at all. There is a good book on these matters but I forget the title right now.

However, hormones do play a big role in emotional stability. I know this firsthand because I've always been called "cold" and "emotionless" except 3 times I was in the hospital and put on massive doses of hormones (not sex hormones but cortisone) which made me cry over really stupid shit, like hospital bills and the time they brought my lunch half an hour late. I've never had PMS (I've never been had them checked, but I've always doubted I had a normal level of female hormones for various reasons), but after that, I can understand women with PMS better, and pregnant women (I still don't want to be around them, but I can empathize with their plight better). If you think hormones are unimportant emotionally, hang out with more pregnant women. That could change your mind on the subject.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 11:48 AM by kingschosen.)
Women
are sensitive and they carry so much in their brain. I’m sure there is
scientific explanation to it.
26-11-2012, 03:10 AM
If there is no explaination for your crying, there might be a medical cause. You could have a tumor that is causing the release of hormones. You might want to get checked out by a doctor.
26-11-2012, 07:22 PM
(20-11-2012 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  

Yup, I tear up all the time, even in meetings at work where there is zero emotional content. It started just after I got the herpes in me eye a year or two ago now (worse pain in my life). They look at me funny when I have to wipe my eyes during some technical discussion but they all realize it's prolly just the result of having the herpes in me eye. But that ain't crying, that's just my eye deciding it needs to flush some shit out.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-11-2012, 07:34 AM
(26-11-2012 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 03:01 PM)Dom Wrote:  You are trying to give it too much purpose of a social kind.

Yup, I tear up all the time, even in meetings at work where there is zero emotional content. It started just after I got the herpes in me eye a year or two ago now (worse pain in my life). They look at me funny when I have to wipe my eyes during some technical discussion but they all realize it's prolly just the result of having the herpes in me eye. But that ain't crying, that's just my eye deciding it needs to flush some shit out.

confused as to if this is a joke.. haha

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
27-11-2012, 07:53 PM
(27-11-2012 07:34 AM)k37713 Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 07:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup, I tear up all the time, even in meetings at work where there is zero emotional content. It started just after I got the herpes in me eye a year or two ago now (worse pain in my life). They look at me funny when I have to wipe my eyes during some technical discussion but they all realize it's prolly just the result of having the herpes in me eye. But that ain't crying, that's just my eye deciding it needs to flush some shit out.

confused as to if this is a joke.. haha

Oh, it ain't no joke. Feels like you got a needle stuck in your eye. No pain pill on the planet makes a bit of difference. Only thing that helps is a topical anesthetic which is contraindicated 'cause all it does is interfere with the body's defenses and encourages the little fucker. Herpes simplex keratitis.

[Image: HerpesSimplexKeratitis.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.