Women cry...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Question Women cry...?
Ok basically a quicky but I'd like some input.

Why do women cry so much?

Now, I know there are tons of women, especially here, who are reasonable and probably they are not crying a lot or ever or whatever.
I know that some of that is hormonal, which I find weird. Why would evolution make women cry and be unreasonable, that's completely useless behaviour.

I have a reason for that question.

I have always been a reasonable person. And I have never cried. While I kinda healed from my depression (no idea how else to say this...) I also learnt to cry. Still not a lot and only when I was very upset (not easy to upset me to that point!).

Now lately I find myself crying over nothing. Blink About things I would normally just have a reasonable conversation, now (not this moment) I am crying (the fuck?) and > AND > I am not reasonable while I am crying! And there is no snapping me out of it... And I have no clue where that is coming from, all of a sudden?
I am not depressive, I am not highly frustrated or upset or scared or or... Sure there have been some changes in my live, but I am used to that, I have lived this kind of lifestyle since I was a Baby. So nothing that would stress me more than usual.
Also I am not pregnant and I am not menstruating, which both would indicate hormon levels could be different and therefore could be the cause...

Anyone got an idea where such behaviour comes from?
I don't feel like that is me, at all. I feel weird and I am not starting it. It is not like I willfully start to cry. Tears just start rolling and I am unable to stop no matter how hard I try and how much I want to stop because I know I have no reason to cry...

Input? Shocking Shocking

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2012, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 06:13 PM by Diablo666.)
RE: Women cry...?
"I know that some of that is hormonal, which I find weird. Why would
evolution make women cry and be unreasonable, that's completely useless
behaviour."

Why would you say its useless? Its not useless! It forces the men to go out and do things, like gather food, so they can stay near the trees and protect, feed, and educate the kids.
The problem is those things are done by society now, so they just use it to get what they want instead.

"Now lately I find myself crying over nothing. [Image: blink.gif]
About things I would normally just have a reasonable conversation, now
(not this moment) I am crying (the fuck?) and > AND > I am not
reasonable while I am crying! And there is no snapping me out of it...
And I have no clue where that is coming from, all of a sudden?"

You are probably a woman.
Find all posts by this user
19-11-2012, 05:54 PM
It could be attributed to a chemical imbalance. Hormone levels can change for many reasons... it does not have to be attributed only to being pregnant or ovulating. It can in fact, be early signals for many other things.

Check with a doctor and explain the change. It could be something they've worked with before and they will know what to look for. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
19-11-2012, 06:41 PM
(19-11-2012 05:45 PM)Leela Wrote:  Ok basically a quicky but I'd like some input.

Why do women cry so much?

Now, I know there are tons of women, especially here, who are reasonable and probably they are not crying a lot or ever or whatever.
I know that some of that is hormonal, which I find weird. Why would evolution make women cry and be unreasonable, that's completely useless behaviour.

I have a reason for that question.

I have always been a reasonable person. And I have never cried. While I kinda healed from my depression (no idea how else to say this...) I also learnt to cry. Still not a lot and only when I was very upset (not easy to upset me to that point!).

Now lately I find myself crying over nothing. Blink About things I would normally just have a reasonable conversation, now (not this moment) I am crying (the fuck?) and > AND > I am not reasonable while I am crying! And there is no snapping me out of it... And I have no clue where that is coming from, all of a sudden?
I am not depressive, I am not highly frustrated or upset or scared or or... Sure there have been some changes in my live, but I am used to that, I have lived this kind of lifestyle since I was a Baby. So nothing that would stress me more than usual.
Also I am not pregnant and I am not menstruating, which both would indicate hormon levels could be different and therefore could be the cause...

Anyone got an idea where such behaviour comes from?
I don't feel like that is me, at all. I feel weird and I am not starting it. It is not like I willfully start to cry. Tears just start rolling and I am unable to stop no matter how hard I try and how much I want to stop because I know I have no reason to cry...

Input? Shocking Shocking

Consider men's reaction to women's tears, or adults' reactions to children's tears.

An evolutionary explanation might involve manipulating others' behavior for benefit. This would be co-evolutionary adaptation in sexual/reproductive matters. The manipulation need not be, and most likely is not, conscious.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Women emotionality is a big part of sexism (boy don't cry => girls do) so in some way it's expected of a women to cry, because they're supposed to be "emotional and unreasonable" instead of "intelligent and reasonable" as men.

in your case, just enjoy it, there's no need for being vulcan, emotions are good and if your brain wants to cry, then let it Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
19-11-2012, 07:05 PM
BS it isn't sexism. You could maybe argue nurture over nature, but not sexism.
19-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey Leela,
I have never been the overly emotional girl.. sometimes to a detriment.. but the last couple of years .. occasionaly I just turn on the waterworks and it just won't stop. I personally feel that for me.. it has been suppression of guilt some rather serious emotions that had built up for a while. and then somehow when it started (the crying) it just hasn't stopped.. It generally is by myself while driving in a car because of some stupid song or some other weird "trigger" but it only lasts for a few minutes and then I suck it up, and go about my day. I've actually gotten to the point where I just embrace it, fuel it for a few minutes ( in solitude of course) and then kinda reap in the relief that it actually can allow. I beat myself up for a while about it.. because I have a hard time being vulnerable.. and severely judged myself for the weakness - but I am coming to just accept it and allow it to be the release maybe my body is telling me I need. I have no idea about the origins of either of us becoming more emotional but thought Id let you know.. if it isn't an health issue like mentioned in an above post.. it could be a good thing you could learn to use.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 4 users Like k37713's post
19-11-2012, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 10:38 PM by GirlyMan.)
Girly cries at the drop of a hat. It's just the result of ingesting, processing, digesting, and excreting grief. We all do this at different rates. ... Not a big deal.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
19-11-2012, 10:55 PM
You may think there isn't a reason why you are crying but there could be something in your subconscious that is just coming to the surface and you aren't really aware of the reason.

I was taught very young not to cry. Tears brought extra punishment, often quite harsh. It's been impossible for me to unlearn. When I feel tears start to bubble up (and it doesn't happen often) I immediately go into suppress mode. If I do shed tears it's generally because of one of two reasons: either I am so frustrated with a situation that I don't know what to do or can't do what I want to do, or severe physical pain. Now and then some sappy song or commercial or email will find me welling up and I shake it off immediately.

My best friend for the last 40+ years seems to me to cry over everything...happy, sad, sappy...you name it and here come the waterworks.

As for hormones and other body chemicals, even without something as specific as ovulation, pregnancy, and the like...your body is constantly changing and your emotions may go right along with it.

Unless you have suddenly gone from Ms. Stoic to Miss Endless Tears, I would say let it be. Don't fret over it if it isn't something that is really altering your life.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-11-2012, 02:12 AM
Just wanted to say that women do not cry to manipulate men. Unless I'm under very severe stress I never ever cry in front of other people. When my grandma died when I was 13, we learnt by phone call in the middle of the night. I wasn't the one who picked it up, but it wasn't difficult to figure out what the other person was saying. So I spent the whole night crying alone in my bed. Next morning my mum was really worried about telling me the bad news and when she started trying to break it to me, I told her I knew already. And then she asked me why I didn't come to them. It hadn't even occurred to me - suffering is something private.

Okay, maybe some do, but this is not the reason behind tears. Crying, just like sleep, is a way to deal with stress and help the brain cope.

This being said, using tears (or guilt in any shape or form) to manipulate and emotionally blackmail other is about as low as it gets.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  AiG Sells These Ideas by Selecting These Books to Sell to the Women! Charis 5 136 19-06-2014 03:41 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  Why women are more important than men Nappa 87 7,288 10-09-2013 02:16 PM
Last Post: Escape Artist