Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Women embrace pole dancing for Jesus
Women embrace pole dancing for Jesus
Instructors: Not about sex but connecting with God

Updated: Thursday, 24 Mar 2011, 11:56 AM EDT
Published : Thursday, 24 Mar 2011, 11:55 AM EDT

HOUSTON (CNN/KTRK) - Christian women are embracing dance moves once reserved for strip clubs.

It's happening near Houston, and it's called "Pole Fitness for Jesus."

The monthly pole dancing class happens on Sundays and is set to Christian music.

Instructors said it's not about sex but connecting with God.

"I do feel a spiritual connection whenever you have the music on, and it's singing about lifting you up and being closer to God. You do feel that," said student Tiffany Booth.

"People who want to sit there and judge it, you know, like, 'Well, that is sacrilegious,' or you know," said instructor Crystal Dean. "That doesn't make you a good Christian when you judge other people."

The classes are free because the instructor said she doesn't want to make a profit on God's day.

And yes, there is a video:

http://www.wwlp.com/dpps/news/strange/wo...s-_3755775

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 05:03 AM
RE: Women embrace pole dancing for Jesus
My God. Oh, sorry, OH my God! This is soooo hilarious. The reporters had the best comment: Buahahahahaha...

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Let the chubbies dance with their christian music, at least it will keep my eyes away from them!
Quote this message in a reply
25-03-2011, 06:48 AM
haha!!! that is an awesome news story!!! I was kinda hoping the poles would be rather long crosses. Pole dancing has been a workout for a few years now so they aren't the only ones who see it as more than sex. You'd think they could at least actually have shown some good moves out there rather than just twirling around the poles like amateurs. I'm an amateur and I can do plenty of moves.

And any way without moving their hips and getting into it they aren't being sexy or fit really. The exercise comes from getting your body moving not just holding a pole.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.