Women fail Marine IOC, repeat performance.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Women fail Marine IOC, repeat performance.
(19-06-2013 06:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-06-2013 03:08 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  http://sofrep.com/18946/women-fail-marin...rse-again/

Based on what I seen being in a POG unit with women on hikes, and trying out for MarSoc A&S, this is kinda a DUH thing. I wish we would stop wasting time to prove what we already know.

Yabut, think there are still viable combat roles for women. I remember seeing a study where they can tolerate higher G's than men so they could potentially be better fighter pilots. And don't see any reason they couldn't be snipers and drone pilots. ... But that's likely not your point.

The pilot thing is cool.

Being a drone pilot has nothing to do with combat. They dont even deploy. They control from the states. Confused

And I'm not sure you have an understanding of a Sniper team's job, or the fact they it is even MORE physically demanding then the average grunt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2013, 06:50 PM
(19-06-2013 06:12 PM)Atheist_pilgrim Wrote:  Now elite units - that's an interesting angle. They run on exceptional people, so the question is, are there exceptional women who can excel in them? I wouldn't doubt that possibility, and it will be interesting to see how all this social engineering plays out. For example, based on past examples (Soviet Union in WWII, VC in Vietnam), I can certainly imagine a cadre of female snipers. But I'm still skeptical about women serving in regular grunt, arty, and tanker units.

I cant talk about Marsoc, but it's public knowledge that prior to the conclusion to SF Q course, there's a 26mi ruck march at at least 3.5 mi per hour pace. The guys I've talked to about this said they came in ugly, but came in. These are rough dudes, and it kicked there ass. How anyone thinks enough women could do this to actually be a good cost/benefit is lying to themselves.
19-06-2013, 07:05 PM
19-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Yeah, but if the load is somehow brought down, there will be soo many more males that will be able to make it thru a sniper indoc. Half the BN cant be snipers so they will still find a way to cull the herd. Less weight? Add 7 miles!
20-06-2013, 05:27 AM
Women are typically more agile and flexible and better at multitasking, so why not create a branch that is focused on enhancing these traits?
20-06-2013, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2013 01:20 PM by TheBlackKnight.)
Because they already use the skills they are better at in branches we actually need.

and how are women more agile? I don't recall women crushing men in the 40m or circuit courses. Now put 60-80lbs on their back.

(20-06-2013 05:27 AM)eksyte Wrote:  Women are typically more agile and flexible and better at multitasking, so why not create a branch that is focused on enhancing these traits?

Why can't we just be ok with the fact the gender's have strengths and discrimination is ok?

The main problem is people see the fact that there arnt any women who are top generals. The problem with that is, to be one in the Army or Marines, you have had to be a war stud 2nd. LT way back when. Women can't do this so people are forcing apon an organization that by it's nature has to say "yes sir". This is the exact wrong place for this kind of feel good thinking.

Why is there Men's and Women's medal at the olympics?

Better yet, in Practical Shooting, the closest shooting sport to actual combat shooting, why do women get there own title while compared to the men, don't even place Top 20?

Production Nationals Results. The 1st woman placed 38th
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match...ype=Pistol

[Image: durka-uspsa-pronats09-25671.jpg]
21-06-2013, 05:38 AM
If the requirements of the role can only be met by a few women, or even no women.. that's ok. That's not discrimination so long as they really are requirements of the job. Not every woman can excel in hand to hand combat, nor can every man. Just don't let the "requirement" be "be a man". Let the requirements be a set of real requirements.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
21-06-2013, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 01:21 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-06-2013 05:27 AM)eksyte Wrote:  Women are typically more agile and flexible and better at multitasking, so why not create a branch that is focused on enhancing these traits?

Tunnel Rats! "Non Gratum Anus Rodentum." Big Grin

(20-06-2013 01:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The main problem is people see the fact that there arnt any women who are top generals.

Gen. Dunwoody was my boss' boss' boss' boss until last year.

(20-06-2013 01:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Better yet, in Practical Shooting, the closest shooting sport to actual combat shooting, why do women get there own title while compared to the men, don't even place Top 20?

Why indeed? Training is my guess. Can't see any other reason a woman shouldn't be able to shoot every bit as well as a man.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-06-2013, 05:07 PM
(20-06-2013 01:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  The main problem is people see the fact that there arnt any women who are top generals.

Gen. Dunwoody was my boss' boss' boss' boss until last year.

(20-06-2013 01:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Better yet, in Practical Shooting, the closest shooting sport to actual combat shooting, why do women get there own title while compared to the men, don't even place Top 20?

Why indeed? Training is my guess. Can't see any other reason a woman shouldn't be able to shoot every bit as well as a man.
[/quote]

Material and Traffic command? I said top generals right?

To the shooting,no. USPSA shooting is a objective sport. The playing field is the same for everyone. What training for this type of shooting is only available for men? There isnt any. The AMU has their Action Shooting Team where promising men and women are given a contract to shoot for the team. They arnt infantry, they receive the same training,and it's extensive. These shooters go on to become multi-time champions during and after they leave the Army. But the women from this team,while being "women's champions" still lag behind.

Here's last years 3 gun nationals,Rifle-Pistol-Shotgun. 1st woman was 22nd in Tac division, which is the division and is most popular. http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match...e=MULTIGUN
21-06-2013, 06:42 PM
(21-06-2013 05:07 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Gen. Dunwoody was my boss' boss' boss' boss until last year.

Material and Traffic command? I said top generals right?

Bitch has got 4-stars. She was the first woman to command a battalion in the 82nd Airborne Division in 1992. ... You still wanna take her on?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.