Women putting herb balls in vagina to 'detox their wombs' have been warned of dangers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: Women putting herb balls in vagina to 'detox their wombs' have been warned of dangers
(25-01-2016 05:03 PM)caadam Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 04:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How do you feel about fecal bacteriotherapy?

Feeling skeptical - sticking one person's poop into another's colon is different to say the least. I get the concept, though. I'll definitely have to read more about it to get a better opinion.

It appears to be a medically accepted procedure for too many bad bugs in your gut, at least at Johns Hopkins. I think probiotics work on the same principle but slower. Instead of the scorched earth attack of killing everything and then introducing healthy bugs directly, it favors good bugs over bad bugs by controlling the food supply. I don't think probiotics are woo. They're probably the most useful after a course of antibiotics.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Women putting herb balls in vagina to 'detox their wombs' have been warned of dangers
(25-01-2016 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-01-2016 05:03 PM)caadam Wrote:  Feeling skeptical - sticking one person's poop into another's colon is different to say the least. I get the concept, though. I'll definitely have to read more about it to get a better opinion.

It appears to be a medically accepted procedure for too many bad bugs in your gut, at least at Johns Hopkins. I think probiotics work on the same principle but slower. Instead of the scorched earth attack of killing everything and then introducing healthy bugs directly, it favors good bugs over bad bugs by controlling the food supply. I don't think probiotics are woo. They're probably the most useful after a course of antibiotics.

I honestly go back and forth with probiotics. My best friend takes them regularly, as does her mother, and they have always have digestive problems. But they swear probiotics work? I've read opinions from both sides, my mother was prescribed probiotics years ago. I've taken them myself, but I haven't ever stuck to them long enough to see if they could help me. I stick to enzymes due to not having a gallbladder.

Ah, and that actually reminds me of a bottle of ox bile supplements I need to start on. Probably on the same level of interesting as FMT lol.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply