Women reclaiming the word SLUT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Women reclaiming the word SLUT
(11-12-2013 11:02 AM)Kavos Wrote:  Exactly. The word slut is used as a weapon by men to shame women who wish to liberate themselves from gender norms.

You think so? When I say "slut" , I mean it as a compliment.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Slowminded's post
11-12-2013, 01:42 PM
(11-12-2013 10:17 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  to reclaim it do I have to go sleeping around again ??? Unsure

Hahaha I went there too! I first thought "well I'm a slut, and I feel no shame", then I was like "oh wait, I'm married now". I'm a slut in my marriage that's for sure, and was before I got married. I love sex, had a decent number of partners before marrying, and haven't strayed since.

When my single friends talk about their multiple partners I laugh and call them a slut, but in a congratulatory manor Thumbsup as long as a woman is happy having multiple partners, I see no issue.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
(11-12-2013 01:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 10:17 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  to reclaim it do I have to go sleeping around again ??? Unsure

Hahaha I went there too! I first thought "well I'm a slut, and I feel no shame", then I was like "oh wait, I'm married now". I'm a slut in my marriage that's for sure, and was before I got married. I love sex, had a decent number of partners before marrying, and haven't strayed since.

When my single friends talk about their multiple partners I laugh and call them a slut, but in a congratulatory manor Thumbsup as long as a woman is happy having multiple partners, I see no issue.

same here! But then I started thinking….wait a minute, I've been married for 13 years now, I'm over 45, my HOO-HA might fall out if I tried reclaiming that title. No

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-12-2013, 04:41 PM
Hmmm maybe it's just me, but this seems like a terrible idea...
I cringe every time I hear someone use the word nigga. I don't think I would call it reclaiming the word "nigger". I hate both words. Hmm I don't know maybe I am just a prude...

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
It's already happening as part of a worldwide rape awareness movement.

[Image: slut2.jpg][Image: slut1.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-12-2013, 05:22 AM
(11-12-2013 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's already happening as part of a worldwide rape awareness movement.

I think those 2 guys in the picture are hoping to get laid by the end of the day. I can't think of any reason why any man in his right mind would go along with such nonsense.
12-12-2013, 05:56 AM
(12-12-2013 05:22 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(11-12-2013 08:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It's already happening as part of a worldwide rape awareness movement.

I think those 2 guys in the picture are hoping to get laid by the end of the day. I can't think of any reason why any man in his right mind would go along with such nonsense.

Whut?
That men might also be opposed to rape and be part of a march to show that support?
Are we looking at the same picture?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-12-2013, 06:25 AM
(12-12-2013 05:56 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 05:22 AM)Kavos Wrote:  I think those 2 guys in the picture are hoping to get laid by the end of the day. I can't think of any reason why any man in his right mind would go along with such nonsense.

Whut?
That men might also be opposed to rape and be part of a march to show that support?

Being opposed to rape isn't a problem. Anyone in their right mind is opposed to rape. But those slutwalks are ridiculous. They say that people shouldn't tell women to be careful and take precautions to lessen the chances of being raped, instead they want men to be told not to rape women. In fairyland, that would be great, but we don't live in fairyland. Women need to take personal responsibility if they don't want to get raped. Saying that men shouldn't rape is facile and ignorant. If a man has it in him to rape a woman, he's not going to listen to that, whereas a woman who doesn't want to be raped can easily take a few precautions for her own sake. Those slutwalkers aren't interested in really reducing or preventing rapes, what they're into is abdicating personal responsibility.

A sensible approach would be :

20% (for what it's worth) : tell men to be nice to women and not rape them
80% : tell women to be responsible and careful

But those slutwalkers are too immature to handle that. The vast majority of people are against rape, but those people seem to be against personal responsibility. They do women a big disservice, and they don't help women to avoid being raped, which is what they should be doing.
12-12-2013, 06:34 AM
(12-12-2013 06:25 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 05:56 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Whut?

Being opposed to rape isn't a problem. Anyone in their right mind is opposed to rape. But those slutwalks are ridiculous. They say that people shouldn't tell women to be careful and take precautions to lessen the chances of being raped, instead they want men to be told not to rape women. In fairyland, that would be great, but we don't live in fairyland. Women need to take personal responsibility if they don't want to get raped. Saying that men shouldn't rape is facile and ignorant. If a man has it in him to rape a woman, he's not going to listen to that, whereas a woman who doesn't want to be raped can easily take a few precautions for her own sake. Those slutwalkers aren't interested in really reducing or preventing rapes, what they're into is abdicating personal responsibility.

But those slutwalkers are too immature to handle that. The vast majority of people are against rape, but those people seem to be against personal responsibility. They do women a big disservice, and they don't help women to avoid being raped, which is what they should be doing.

I honestly did not know that the "Slutwalks" were NOT for women taking precautions. Did. Not. Know. That. Even though I do know that the 'slut' part is supposed to indicate that women should be free to dress as they'd like.
(there's a lot more to rape than a woman's outfit)

I worked at a rape crisis center for years and years in three different cities and we always focused on women learning to be careful.

Let us not lose focus that RAPE is an act of violence and NOT just sex.
I fear far too often that fact is ignored.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
12-12-2013, 07:12 AM
(12-12-2013 06:34 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 06:25 AM)Kavos Wrote:  Being opposed to rape isn't a problem. Anyone in their right mind is opposed to rape. But those slutwalks are ridiculous. They say that people shouldn't tell women to be careful and take precautions to lessen the chances of being raped, instead they want men to be told not to rape women. In fairyland, that would be great, but we don't live in fairyland. Women need to take personal responsibility if they don't want to get raped. Saying that men shouldn't rape is facile and ignorant. If a man has it in him to rape a woman, he's not going to listen to that, whereas a woman who doesn't want to be raped can easily take a few precautions for her own sake. Those slutwalkers aren't interested in really reducing or preventing rapes, what they're into is abdicating personal responsibility.

I honestly did not know that the "Slutwalks" were NOT for women taking precautions. Did. Not. Know. That. Even though I do know that the 'slut' part is supposed to indicate that women should be free to dress as they'd like.
(there's a lot more to rape than a woman's outfit)

I worked at a rape crisis center for years and years in three different cities and we always focused on women learning to be careful.

Let us not lose focus that RAPE is an act of violence and NOT just sex.
I fear far too often that fact is ignored.

Well that's good. But the slutwalk women, all they seem to be interested in is giving up responsibility and encouraging others to do likewise. If a rape occurs, yes it's the man who did the bad thing, not the woman, but if it happens to her specifically because she was careless, then she has some responsibility too. That's not to say that she did a bad thing, but by being careless, she did a stupid thing, which increased her chances of being the victim, as opposed to somebody else. This is why we put locks on our doors and why security staff exist, and why we don't cross the road without looking and expect the drivers on the road to not run us over. Wishing to not be raped is a very noble pursuit, but it's not going to be successful without precautions and common sense. A rapist does what a rapist is supposed to do, which is to rape. Likewise, a woman who doesn't want to be raped ought to do what she's meant to do, which is to be sensible, rather than asking for it, which is what one effectively does in any situation when one is wilfully careless.