Women reclaiming the word SLUT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 04:23 AM
RE: Women reclaiming the word SLUT
(12-12-2013 07:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 06:32 PM)Kavos Wrote:  Being accompanied after dark when walking around anywhere, in an environment where rape is quite common, sounds like good common sense. So what if they find it demeaning and degrading? It's a precaution. What's the alternative? Being careless and then maybe getting raped and feeling even more degraded?

Uh, prosecuting sexual assault and harassment in order to maintain discipline maybe? This is the goddam US military I'm talking about in that post for fuck's sake. If I recall correctly from my time in the USN maintaining discipline is like rule number fucking one. Watch the documentary.

(12-12-2013 06:32 PM)Kavos Wrote:  Do you have a daughter? If so, would you prefer that she takes precautions, even if she doesn't like having to do it, or would you prefer that she gets raped?

I do, she's 21 yo. And she ain't stupid. She don't need to be told by her daddy how to avoid being raped. She's perfectly capable of wielding her own pepper spray and knowing where not to go after dark unaccompanied. That'd just be condescending. ... But now that you mention it, maybe I'll get her a Taser for Festivus. She's always a tough one to shop for.

I'm glad your daughter isn't stupid enough to be careless. What a shame it would be if she went out without giving a shit about her own safety, and then got raped. But imagine if she did just that. Wouldn't you wish someone had condescended her? What's more important to you? Your daughter's safety, or condescending her with good advice?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-12-2013, 04:26 AM
(12-12-2013 08:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Woman gets raped by a stranger who broke into her house. She was watching TV, wearing track pants, a hoodie, and no makeup.

She should smarten up, protect herself and stop asking for it... Right Kavos? Dodgy

Oh I'm sorry. Ok, I take everything I've said back. Why don't women just go out without a care for what could happen to them. Let them walk down dodgy parts of town, wearing skimpy clothes, and generally acting like good potential victims.
13-12-2013, 06:27 AM
What specific statistics are you basing your advice on, Kavos?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
13-12-2013, 08:07 AM
(13-12-2013 06:27 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  What specific statistics are you basing your advice on, Kavos?

Do you think it's better to be careful or careless?
13-12-2013, 08:08 AM
MRA? Blink

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
13-12-2013, 08:26 AM
(13-12-2013 08:07 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 06:27 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  What specific statistics are you basing your advice on, Kavos?

Do you think it's better to be careful or careless?

Why don't you answer the question?
13-12-2013, 08:57 AM
(13-12-2013 04:26 AM)Kavos Wrote:  
(12-12-2013 08:14 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Woman gets raped by a stranger who broke into her house. She was watching TV, wearing track pants, a hoodie, and no makeup.

She should smarten up, protect herself and stop asking for it... Right Kavos? Dodgy

Oh I'm sorry. Ok, I take everything I've said back. Why don't women just go out without a care for what could happen to them. Let them walk down dodgy parts of town, wearing skimpy clothes, and generally acting like good potential victims.

Rape isn't usually about the sex. Rape is a way of displaying power.

So regardless of skimpy clothing anybody is still able to be raped.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
13-12-2013, 05:10 PM
(13-12-2013 08:57 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(13-12-2013 04:26 AM)Kavos Wrote:  Oh I'm sorry. Ok, I take everything I've said back. Why don't women just go out without a care for what could happen to them. Let them walk down dodgy parts of town, wearing skimpy clothes, and generally acting like good potential victims.

Rape isn't usually about the sex. Rape is a way of displaying power.

So regardless of skimpy clothing anybody is still able to be raped.

Regardless, the point is that it's intelligent to take precautions, and stupid to be careless. And just because taking precautions isn't always a 100% guarantee of safety, it doesn't make it any less stupid to be careless.
13-12-2013, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2013 06:56 PM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
(13-12-2013 04:20 AM)Kavos Wrote:  But when a woman repeatedly has sex with multiple people, over time it erodes her ability to bond. The tendency is still there but it's weakened. Interactions become more meaningless. Intimacy is increasingly valued less. It's like, if you like chocolate but you eat it all the time, after a while it loses all its appeal. That's what happens to a woman as she has sex with more and more people.

In other words, her ability to bond with you is affected. In other words, she is more likely to cheat on you.

I was following until that last part. So a lessened ability to bond is going to make her more likely to cheat in a mutually agreed upon monogamous relationship where the bond already exists?

You COULD say that women who have sex with lots of different partners are more likely to be having sex with multiple people around the same time... But due to limited human lifespans, its obvious that the probability of multiple partners around the same time would increase for anyone who has a lot of partners.

I dont consider promiscuity to be cheating when just dating. I would think that someone in a serious relationship would have built a bond already, and if they have a difficult time building these bonds, shouldn't a good relationship be that much more valuable? And as far as cheating when in a shitty relationship, thats a question of respect for the other person. In my experience, I dont build bonds fast, but I would never cheat. Its two different things.

Oh I'm sorry... You asked that we not argue against your superior understanding of the topic.
13-12-2013, 07:04 PM
[sarcasm]When a woman is promiscuous, she is more likely to break contracts! FACT... Dont waste your time arguing against this.[/sarcasm]