Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 09:15 AM
Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm
https://www.womensmarch.com/event-details/

https://www.c-span.org/networks/

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm
Dang. I can't get CSPAN. But I'm going to the Portland march in a few hours. Ours starts around noon. There's supposed to be 30 thousand people. We have a big park called the Waterfront Park and it hold huge crowds. Thumbsup

Oh, and.....Fuck trump!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-01-2017, 09:36 AM
Sorry, duplicate post.
21-01-2017, 10:57 AM
Fuck the cable monopolies. I'll read about the protests and watch clips later... on the internet. At least CSPAN is modern enough to have a Youtube channel.

There are events going on in Atlanta. I almost considered going, but I would be afraid to be around so many people, lol.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
21-01-2017, 11:02 AM
CNN is covering the marches. Never before seen numbers of protesters in Washington, New York and Boston. Boston is bursting at the seams they say.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-01-2017, 11:03 AM
(21-01-2017 10:57 AM)cactus Wrote:  Fuck the cable monopolies. I'll read about the protests and watch clips later... on the internet. At least CSPAN is modern enough to have a Youtube channel.

There are events going on in Atlanta. I almost considered going, but I would be afraid to be around so many people, lol.

Probably you'd be ok once there. I feel the same way about crowds, but I was just fine during protests I took part in.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
21-01-2017, 12:17 PM
I went to this one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-ed...e-38704352
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
21-01-2017, 12:30 PM
Cool.

21-01-2017, 12:43 PM
Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
21-01-2017, 01:02 PM
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

It sends a message. Not necessarily to the other side.

It sends a message to the people who would otherwise keep their head in the sand that their ideas are shared and are worth sharing.

It motivates. How many of these protesters or those who agree with them didn't get out and vote this election? I'd be willing to bet quite a large percent of them.

It's a wake up call. Not for you, because you're already a lost cause in the fight for a decent human existence. It's a call for the complacent to get their asses in gear and start caring enough to make a difference. This battle has been lost, but the war will never end. We need people to care.

It sends a message, loud and clear. And it's very telling, but not surprising, that you're unable to hear it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 4 users Like evenheathen's post