Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 01:33 PM
RE: Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

Don't worry your pretty little traitor-supporting helmet about it.

It isn't your time being wasted, after all. Chill out, maybe crack a history book.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
21-01-2017, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2017 01:53 PM by DLJ.)
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  ...
"Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Two thoughts flashed through my mind:

1) Let them eat cake.

2) An episode of Spitting Image...
Douglas Hurd puppet, screaming hysterically: "There's been a bomb in Oxford Street! There's been a bomb in Oxford Street!"
Margaret Thatcher puppet, angrily: "That's terrible! Who is responsible?"
Douglas Hurd puppet, coldly: "You are, you dumb bitch!"

Laugh out load

21-01-2017, 01:49 PM
(21-01-2017 01:33 PM)julep Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

Don't worry your pretty little traitor-supporting helmet about it.

It isn't your time being wasted, after all. Chill out, maybe crack a history book.

Crack a history book is right.

His asshole demagogue whom insulted Rep John Lewis doesn't know or ignores that Lewis got his skull cracked open doing things like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_Pettus_Bridge

George Takei of Star Trek fame is not only gay, but was put in American "internment camps for being Japanese" during WW2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internment..._Americans

As well as gay politicians being MURDERED by assholes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Milk

No Dark Helmet, we don't like asshole demagogues.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
21-01-2017, 03:00 PM
(21-01-2017 01:49 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 01:33 PM)julep Wrote:  Don't worry your pretty little traitor-supporting helmet about it.

Crack a history book is right.

His asshole demagogue whom insulted Rep John Lewis doesn't know or ignores that Lewis got his skull cracked open doing things like this.

George Takei of Star Trek fame is not only gay, but was put in American "internment camps for being Japanese" during WW2

Funny. You post a bunch of atrocities committed by democrats.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Lord Dark Helmet's post
21-01-2017, 03:27 PM
(21-01-2017 03:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 01:49 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Crack a history book is right.

Funny. You post a bunch of atrocities committed by democrats.
Indeed, because some party notion is what relies on notably fallacious ideas of logic.

What makes you so focused on in grouping and out grouping?

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-01-2017, 03:57 PM
(21-01-2017 03:00 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Funny. You post a bunch of atrocities committed by democrats.

LOL... one of your Republican "legends" was Barry Goldwater—whose family, like the spineless Drumpf family—Anglicised their name from Goldwasser to avoid any perceived embarrassment. Anyway, Goldwater was made (in)famous for advocating to allow field commanders to use tactical nuclear weapons without presidential authorisation in Vietnam—which is one of the reasons he lost the 1964 Presidential race in a massive landslide, gaining only a laughable 52 electoral votes.

Disconcertingly, Drumpf reminds me all too much of Goldwasser. And like all Republicans—or conservatives—he seems to think you can solve issues by going to war.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
21-01-2017, 04:01 PM
Both parties are full of shit. Instead of vocing displeasure on Trump alone, show how tired you are of the two party system in general. If there never pops up another *sane* alternative to two corporate sponsored jebus machines you keep voting in, atleast you gotta force them to shape the hell up.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
21-01-2017, 04:05 PM
(21-01-2017 04:01 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Both parties are full of shit. Instead of vocing displeasure on Trump alone, show how tired you are of the two party system in general. If there never pops up another *sane* alternative to two corporate sponsored jebus machines you keep voting in, atleast you gotta force them to shape the hell up.

^^^^^^

THIS.

to the nth power.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-01-2017, 07:35 PM
I was a participant today and it was pretty amazing. I need to up my protest sign game though. Some of the signs were very creative and FUNNY as hell.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
21-01-2017, 07:49 PM
(21-01-2017 07:35 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I was a participant today and it was pretty amazing. I need to up my protest sign game though. Some of the signs were very creative and FUNNY as hell.

I just got back from the Portland march. It was an amazing experience. There were around 70,000 to 100,000 people and it was pouring rain! It was hard to gauge because some of the protesters were on the other side of the Willamette River that runs through Portland. 100% peaceful! Great experience. My sign was dumb though. "TRUMP, SHOW US YOUR TAXES!"

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post