Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm
My sign was:

GRAB THESE INSTEAD

with a bunch of colorful hands and words underneath (compassion, equality, hope, love, peace)

I am loving my FB feed right now - full of pics of my friends from all over the country (and world) who attended protests.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
21-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm
[Image: 6ad9da9ebc51587fe01a0cd030fc7423.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post
21-01-2017, 10:49 PM
Oh my. This should get some twitbacks.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-01-2017, 11:10 PM
(21-01-2017 08:09 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  My sign was:

GRAB THESE INSTEAD

with a bunch of colorful hands and words underneath (compassion, equality, hope, love, peace)

I am loving my FB feed right now - full of pics of my friends from all over the country (and world) who attended protests.
What city was your protest march in?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-01-2017, 11:15 PM
(21-01-2017 08:47 PM)KUSA Wrote:  [Image: 6ad9da9ebc51587fe01a0cd030fc7423.jpg]

That was from the Onion which is an online satire magazine so it's not real.

22-01-2017, 03:27 AM
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

I am not American. I have no ties to America. I do not live in America or ever plan to. I also respect the American voters' right to choose.

Yet I still went to the protest.

Because as evenheathen said, it sends a message. It sends a message to our spineless politicians in Westminster that pandering to Trump just because he is POTUS will be unpopular. This will help make things harder for Trump's administration.

It sends a message to politicians across the world that standing up to Trump on the world stage will be a popular move. Again, this will help make things harder for Trump's administration.

It sends a message to Americans who recognise Trump as the demagogue that he is that you are not alone. Have hope. We'll help your cause however we can in your time of need and the entire world hasn't yet gone to shit.
[+] 8 users Like Mathilda's post
22-01-2017, 03:59 AM
I agree with Mathilda, the fight against Trump is a global one, almost every one I know detests Trump, when she says many many of us are with you she speaks the truth.
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
22-01-2017, 04:09 AM
Trump is still claiming an inauguration attendance of 1million inspite of photographic evidence to the contrary. If his administration can't even tell the truth on matters of no importance how well does this bode for the future ?
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-01-2017, 04:12 AM
(22-01-2017 03:27 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(21-01-2017 12:43 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Can someone explain what protesting accomplishes? I've never felt the need to protest anything. I always imagine the people being protested look out the windows at the protesters and say "Look at them idiots out there. We're not changing anything."

Seems like a waste of time to me. Honestly, nobody on the other side cares about the issues being protested against. Especially the anti Trump protests. It will change nothing. It just looks like a temper tantrum. The republicans are still going to do everything on their agenda. Not one thing will change because of protests.

There are only two ways to change things.

1. Vote out the people you dislike.

2. Use force. And I don't mean throwing rocks or smashing the windows at Starbucks after you order your Venti Soy Latte and carrot sticks.

I am not American. I have no ties to America. I do not live in America or ever plan to. I also respect the American voters' right to choose.

Yet I still went to the protest.

Because as evenheathen said, it sends a message. It sends a message to our spineless politicians in Westminster that pandering to Trump just because he is POTUS will be unpopular. This will help make things harder for Trump's administration.

It sends a message to politicians across the world that standing up to Trump on the world stage will be a popular move. Again, this will help make things harder for Trump's administration.

It sends a message to Americans who recognise Trump as the demagogue that he is that you are not alone. Have hope. We'll help your cause however we can in your time of need and the entire world hasn't yet gone to shit.

Thank you. Just, thank you.

[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately Trump succeeded in drawing attention away from the marches with his crap at the Intelligence agencies and the crowd argument. He does it every time, he spews some crap everyone will argue about instead of paying attention to the real issues.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man