Women's face creams

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Women's face creams
This might fit better in the pseudoscience section.

Hey, I mean, I like to look nice and I take very good care of my skin but sometimes I just have to laugh at women's face creams. There's a product out called Ageless Beauty and the user dabs it on her skin and in five minutes or so it tightens the bags under the eyes and other wrinkles on the face. But, and here's the good part .... Laugh out load.... it's basically made from egg whites along with a few other ingredients and if you've ever gotten egg whites on your hand you'd know that when it dries it tightens the skin.

If one buys the whole product line it's..... gulp...... $179 smakaroos....... Gasp......

for probably 50 cents worth of egg whites.

Back in the 1980's my mom used a product called Sudden Change which was the same thing.....egg whites, and I think it cost around $18 or so. She used it for a while then threw it out.

I'm in the wrong business. Face cream is where the gold is.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2015, 10:17 PM
RE: Women's face creams
I lucked out recently. My son's girlfriend works for Advocare, not as a salesperson but in the corporate office. She was given a bunch of their face cream because it's coming up on it's expiration date. I have never been really concerned with expiration dates unless you are talking about milk. She gave me several $50.00 tubes of their daytime moisturizer. It has SPF protection, is smooth as silk, great under foundation, and it smells nice. Works as well as the expensive stuff I was using from Lancome and it isn't overly perfumed. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Come on now. I can't even come up with a good joke about about this thread because it's just too easy.

Women's face creams.... Rolleyes

Sorry, as you were ladies. Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
16-07-2015, 10:49 PM
(16-07-2015 10:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Come on now. I can't even come up with a good joke about about this thread because it's just too easy.

Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
16-07-2015, 11:22 PM
When you think about it, selling nebulous beauty promises "guaranteed to work, just give it time" (and give us your money), because they make you think you need it when you really don't by making you feel bad about falling short of some imaginary ideal, denying the natural beauty that is you, is exactly what religion does.

Occasionally, you get skeptics who realize the whole thing's a sham and they can rely on their own inner strength and beauty... or they really examine the product being sold and say, "what the...?"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
16-07-2015, 11:23 PM
(16-07-2015 10:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Come on now. I can't even come up with a good joke about about this thread because it's just too easy.

You gotta stop thinking with your dick. Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-07-2015, 11:32 PM
(16-07-2015 11:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

You gotta stop thinking with your dick. Dodgy

NEVAR!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
16-07-2015, 11:33 PM
(16-07-2015 11:23 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You gotta stop thinking with your dick. Dodgy

Please please please tell me how to do this!

I've been convinced since... oh, puberty... that my dick is out to ruin my life!

Has a worse effect on the male brain than religion! Girl_nails Bangin

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
16-07-2015, 11:37 PM
(16-07-2015 11:22 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  When you think about it, selling nebulous beauty promises "guaranteed to work, just give it time" (and give us your money), because they make you think you need it when you really don't by making you feel bad about falling short of some imaginary ideal, denying the natural beauty that is you, is exactly what religion does.

Occasionally, you get skeptics who realize the whole thing's a sham and they can rely on their own inner strength and beauty... or they really examine the product being sold and say, "what the...?"

A couple of times I've scanned skin care forums, (yes there is such a thing) and I got the distinct impression that the women posting on these forums were somewhat religious to very religious and were easily taken in by the latest new product. It seems to me that when they applied a new skin product they saw in the mirror what they wanted to see... sort of like god in a bottle. I couldn't stand to read their drivel.

There's only two skin creams that have been scientifically proven to work...Retin A and sunscreen. They don't come in fancy bottles and don't use words like "amazing" and "new miracle skin cream" though.

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
16-07-2015, 11:40 PM
Dancefortwo- Two kinds of people in the world:

BechasedChase