Women's relationship with clergymen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Women's relationship with clergymen
There's another thread going about women atheist and it got me to thinking about women's relationship with clergymen, priests and pastors. More women than men attend church. I'm female but I notice there is a mindset of some "women of a certain age" that follows these men.

This is a hypothetical question but lets imagine that a majority of clergy or higher church officials were women, do you think more men would attend? Would women prefer it? It makes me question how much of religion is sexual and how much of it has anything to do with the bible to begin with.

I've said this before so excuse me for repeating myself but I've been to a church service twice in my life and both times I hated it. A lot of it had to do with the misogynistic nature of church. The men lead, the women follow all starry eyed and overpowered by the male. It's a weekly Sunday emotional orgasm.

I have to add one thing, when I was younger in my twenties I thought it would be a fun thing to seduce a Catholic priest. Sort of a sexual fantasy to overpower someone on the other side. Laughat

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-02-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Women's relationship with clergymen
"Whatever helps get me laid"
-Anonymous

Atir aissom atir imon
27-02-2014, 11:25 AM
(27-02-2014 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have to add one thing, when I was younger in my twenties I thought it would be a fun thing to seduce a Catholic priest. Sort of a sexual fantasy to overpower someone on the other side. Laughat

In my twenties we would drive by the JW boys on their bicycles (us in convertibles) and flirt and tease like crazy--cat calling them. I think a friend managed to get a few to 'forget' all about church on occasion. Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
27-02-2014, 11:31 AM
(27-02-2014 11:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have to add one thing, when I was younger in my twenties I thought it would be a fun thing to seduce a Catholic priest. Sort of a sexual fantasy to overpower someone on the other side. Laughat

In my twenties we would drive by the JW boys on their bicycles (us in convertibles) and flirt and tease like crazy--cat calling them. I think a friend managed to get a few to 'forget' all about church on occasion. Angel

Hmm, maybe there is a reason to be religious Consider

Atir aissom atir imon
27-02-2014, 11:34 AM
At least it's better then fucking altar boys.
27-02-2014, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 11:57 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(27-02-2014 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A lot of it had to do with the misogynistic nature of church. The men lead, the women follow all starry eyed and overpowered by the male. It's a weekly Sunday emotional orgasm.
Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that the saint community in all religions happen to be male dominated?
[Image: tumblr_ls47osii6v1r24d9go1_500.jpg] lol so true

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
27-02-2014, 11:59 AM
(27-02-2014 11:54 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 11:20 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  A lot of it had to do with the misogynistic nature of church. The men lead, the women follow all starry eyed and overpowered by the male. It's a weekly Sunday emotional orgasm.
Isn't it a remarkable coincidence that the saint community in all religions happen to be male dominated?
[Image: tumblr_ls47osii6v1r24d9go1_500.jpg] lol so true

Oh come on don't be so selfcritical Laughat
27-02-2014, 01:12 PM
It's the whole man-in-a-uniform/power thing.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?