Women shouldn't follow a god that hates her

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2013, 07:21 AM
RE: Women shouldn't follow a god that hates her
(21-10-2013 07:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(21-10-2013 07:18 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Can't see the video! Great firewall of china!

Try this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Pwl8jTLK8

No really, YouTube doesn't work in China. Period.
(Unless you have a VPN, which I do, but it's not working todayWeeping )
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Oh! Sorry.
YouTube was fine for me last week in HK. I'm surprised that Shenzhen is more restricted.

The clip was the Harry Enfield and Friends sketch "Women, know your limits".

21-10-2013, 08:11 AM
Hong Kong isn't restricted like mainland. It's still essentially a separate State. You can even get on Facebook there. Thanks for the title, I was able to find it on China's version of Google and it gave me a good chuckle.

Oh my feeble lady brain!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
21-10-2013, 09:04 AM
I recently asked a bunch of Christian women my wife is friends with why they think Paul said women should not speak in church and instead, if they have any questions they should ask their husbands at home. They said "The Bible doesn't say that!"

And another atheist proves he knows scripture better than the Christians. Must be why I'm an atheist.
21-10-2013, 09:07 AM
What! The bible says a lot about women being submissive! I can't believe there are Christians who don't know that. 1st Timothy isn't exactly a long read...
21-10-2013, 09:10 AM
This supports my contention that most Christians aren't following real Christianity. They're following social Christian-themed religion. I think if most Christians were forced to follow Biblical Christianity, they would realize its ridiculous and drop out.
21-10-2013, 09:17 AM
That sounds like what my former church preached. Biblical fundamentalism is the only way to be a true Christian! That's how I learned so much scripture. When I was a Christian, I was a damn good one. I studied and I tried to understand what God said and obey him. Until it came to wearing a veil. 1st Corinthians was a tough sell for me. About half the women in my church wore a veil during services. About two of them kept their heads covered at all times. I guess the rest of them weren't sold on 100% submission either. It's not easy being a lady with a brain.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
21-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Wow. Kudos for thinking.

(21-10-2013 09:17 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  That sounds like what my former church preached. Biblical fundamentalism is the only way to be a true Christian! That's how I learned so much scripture. When I was a Christian, I was a damn good one. I studied and I tried to understand what God said and obey him. Until it came to wearing a veil. 1st Corinthians was a tough sell for me. About half the women in my church wore a veil during services. About two of them kept their heads covered at all times. I guess the rest of them weren't sold on 100% submission either. It's not easy being a lady with a brain.