Wonder Woman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2017, 10:05 AM
RE: Wonder Woman
(06-06-2017 08:01 AM)Emma Wrote:  ----
Yeah fair point, this archetypal evil is the WWI German military. At least it's not Nazis or Hydra I guess? lol Facepalm
---

Hang on ... NO Nazis?! Undecided

I am seriously losing interest in seeing this film. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
06-06-2017, 10:07 AM
(06-06-2017 10:05 AM)kim Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 08:01 AM)Emma Wrote:  ----
Yeah fair point, this archetypal evil is the WWI German military. At least it's not Nazis or Hydra I guess? lol Facepalm
---

Hang on ... NO Nazis?! Undecided

I am seriously losing interest in seeing this film. Dodgy

It's 1917. Not even Hitler is a Nazi at this point.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2017, 04:43 PM
I just got home from seeing it and I did like it. ... a lot. And my wife wanted to see it, which was shocking, so I wasn't going to miss out on that opportunity.

But I absolutely hate going to the movies. People are so fucking rude and loud. I had a woman right next to me who had popcorn in a paper bag and would not stop eating. It was like a bottomless bag of popcorn and she was so loud with it I wanted to punch her in the throat. Next to my wife were kids with a box of Goobers and they were rattling it and talking and moving around constantly. THIS is why I have Exodus.

But really liked the movie.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
07-06-2017, 03:27 PM
(06-06-2017 04:43 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I just got home from seeing it and I did like it. ... a lot. And my wife wanted to see it, which was shocking, so I wasn't going to miss out on that opportunity.

But I absolutely hate going to the movies. People are so fucking rude and loud. I had a woman right next to me who had popcorn in a paper bag and would not stop eating. It was like a bottomless bag of popcorn and she was so loud with it I wanted to punch her in the throat. Next to my wife were kids with a box of Goobers and they were rattling it and talking and moving around constantly. THIS is why I have Exodus.

But really liked the movie.

Yeah, going to the theater sucks! We were lucky that when we went, there were only a couple other groups in at each showing, so it was fabulous- like our own private screening!
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 05:30 AM
I don't like these stupid movies about some ridiculous superhero, Marvel should stop filming such a sh1t
08-06-2017, 06:50 AM
(05-06-2017 12:15 PM)Emma Wrote:  So last Thursday night my wife and I went to see Wonder Woman twice. We both loved it- I highly recommend it.

If you get a chance to watch it, take it. The story is great, the stunts are great, the action is great. I really like the battle scene with the Germans and the Amazons near the beginning of the movie. You could see that they were setting a great pace for the show's action scenes. Gal Gadot is amazing and Chris Pine was really great, too- without stealing the show.

Anyone else seen it? Thoughts? No spoilers, please. Thumbsup

I guess I am getting more cynical in my old age. I grew up when action movies relied mostly on real explosions and stunt people and camera angles and scale models. I find it hard to get into a movie where it relies on CG too much. If it looks like a video game too much, it can quickly take me out of the movie.

I even have a problem with the modern graphics used in the NFL. I don't want to watch something that makes me feel like I should have an Xbox controller in my hands.

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Key Largo" with Humphrey Bogart. Back then the actors relied on selling their characters though voice inflection and facial expressions and body motion.

I have to admit, it is generational and times change. Wonder Woman is #1 currently at the box office so really all I can say is what I grew up with.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
08-06-2017, 07:28 AM
(08-06-2017 05:30 AM)MuntyJay Wrote:  I don't like these stupid movies about some ridiculous superhero, Marvel should stop filming such a sh1t

Are you being facetious or do you not know that this is a DC comics hero? I genuinely can't tell.

Anyway- like it or not, a lot of other people enjoy superhero movies. A lot of them suck but can still be entertaining to watch. If you grew up on comics like I and so many others did, then this trend has probably been simultaneously fun and disappointing and frustrating and exciting for you all at the same time.

But hey, not everyone's into it. At least it's not all zombie movies and games anymore- and I like zombie flicks.
08-06-2017, 07:31 AM
I'm planning on seeing WW at the drive-in either this weekend or next. I'm glad to hear people liked it Smile I'm excited to see it. I think GG might be my new girl crush Drooling

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 07:39 AM
(08-06-2017 07:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm planning on seeing WW at the drive-in either this weekend or next. I'm glad to hear people liked it Smile I'm excited to see it. I think GG might be my new girl crush Drooling

Yes! She is so gorgeous!
08-06-2017, 08:45 AM
(06-06-2017 04:45 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I remember an interview regarding the first Independance Day alien invasion movie.

Scrip calls for fighter jet to shoot rocket into mother ship.

SFX makers get different bits to 'make'. One group makes the planes from available references. Other group makes rockets/missiles from available sources.

Everything is put together under deadline.

Which is why an Ameican F-18 launches a French Exocet in the dramatic scene. Tongue

Really? I thought they looked like AGM-84E Standoff Land Attack Missiles (SLAM), a variant of the Harpoon. Still amusing, either way, since they specify that they are AIM-120 Advanced Medium-Range Air to Air Missiles (AMRAAM), and each pilot makes the correct warning call for firing an AMRAAM ("Fox Three", indicating an active radar homing air-to-air missile) when they launch them.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson