Woo-hoo! That wack-job Bachmann dropped out!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Woo-hoo! That wack-job Bachmann dropped out!
And Perry is 're-assessing'. There is some glimmer of light in this campaign.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-01-2012, 11:55 AM
RE: Woo-hoo! That wack-job Bachmann dropped out!
(04-01-2012 11:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  And Perry is 're-assessing'. There is some glimmer of light in this campaign.

Not if Santorum wins. Not that it's likely.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2012, 11:59 AM
(04-01-2012 11:55 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(04-01-2012 11:30 AM)Chas Wrote:  And Perry is 're-assessing'. There is some glimmer of light in this campaign.

Not if Santorum wins. Not that it's likely.

Well, yeah, there's that. I'm not too thrilled with any of the Republicans - I'd like to see one who doesn't pander to the religious crowd.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
I was personally surprised by the campaigns that were and still are being allowed to happen. Even though the insane fundy candidates probably won't win this time, it's sure scary how over saturated they made the election seem. They get so much attention in the media, and unfortunately in the states it seems like the more attention you get on television the better your chances for anything. It's like the holy grail.

America seems to be slowly edging it's way over to the theocracy side of things. Atheism may be a growing trend but that doesn't really mean shit. Religion will always have the control so long as fear is a problem. With the economy the way it is, and looks to be going... fear will become even more of an issue. If someone with some sense becomes your next president and doesn't fix things entirely, well it's probably going to help cement the fundamental position for the next round of elections.

It's a scary position for any next president to be looking at. The fundies don't seem to care about anything other than getting in. The rest don't have much of a hope against that. No matter what a sane president will do it isn't going to fix... anything really. If only Americans would acknowledge the fact that the economy isn't something they alone can fix. It's a world problem.

By the by, I don't mean to insult any of you dirty americans with my slander. You guys and gals are alright. But wow, get control of your country before mine likes what it sees and follows suit due to our lack of an independent thought muscle.
Viva la Amer... Engl.... Canada? Where am I?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
04-01-2012, 12:58 PM
(04-01-2012 12:07 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I was personally surprised by the campaigns that were and still are being allowed to happen. Even though the insane fundy candidates probably won't win this time, it's sure scary how over saturated they made the election seem. They get so much attention in the media, and unfortunately in the states it seems like the more attention you get on television the better your chances for anything. It's like the holy grail.

America seems to be slowly edging it's way over to the theocracy side of things. Atheism may be a growing trend but that doesn't really mean shit. Religion will always have the control so long as fear is a problem. With the economy the way it is, and looks to be going... fear will become even more of an issue. If someone with some sense becomes your next president and doesn't fix things entirely, well it's probably going to help cement the fundamental position for the next round of elections.

It's a scary position for any next president to be looking at. The fundies don't seem to care about anything other than getting in. The rest don't have much of a hope against that. No matter what a sane president will do it isn't going to fix... anything really. If only Americans would acknowledge the fact that the economy isn't something they alone can fix. It's a world problem.

By the by, I don't mean to insult any of you dirty americans with my slander. You guys and gals are alright. But wow, get control of your country before mine likes what it sees and follows suit due to our lack of an independent thought muscle.
Viva la Amer... Engl.... Canada? Where am I?

As long as there are people that vote for a candidate because they claimed God told them to run we are all fucked.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post