Woo is woo, religious or not.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-08-2012, 06:09 AM
RE: Woo is woo, religious or not.
K. Now that everybody is agreed, back to the drinking... whipped cream flavored vodka, who does that? Creamsicle screwdrivers,. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-08-2012, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2012 06:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(06-08-2012 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  K. Now that everybody is agreed, back to the drinking... whipped cream flavored vodka, who does that? Creamsicle screwdrivers,. Thumbsup

Oh. Making OOHs out of OHs is berry hard on da rivel.
Why not just look up in taber, and find one, that looks interesting.
The grape looks fun, mabe not the glue.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ester

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 08:07 PM
(06-08-2012 06:09 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  K. Now that everybody is agreed, back to the drinking... whipped cream flavored vodka, who does that? Creamsicle screwdrivers,. Thumbsup

That's just not fucking right, brother. Get your testosterone levels checked.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
09-08-2012, 06:24 PM
(07-08-2012 08:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's just not fucking right, brother. Get your testosterone levels checked.

Yeah, huh? Back to the Glenmorangie single malt. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
09-08-2012, 06:51 PM
Where can I join the thinking pro woo lobby?Blush
02-03-2013, 11:42 AM
I've set up a petition on

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_ki...s/?kHVyIbb

to try to get Amazon to stop selling that piece of anti-vax propaganda on the grounds that it promotes the spread of potentially deadly diseases.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes ufo42's post
02-03-2013, 11:47 AM
(28-07-2012 04:45 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  I will thank the anti vaxers for pointing out some ingredients of some of our vaccines that really shouldn't be there. We've realized this and removed those things. Their work is done now they can go get a safer vaccination for their kids so that they don't lose their legs.
Turns out that mercury based preservative wasn't associated with Autism. Autism rates have continued to go up (probably because of higher rates of diagnosis) decades after the mercury compound was removed. Turns out eating canned tuna gives you a much higher burden of mercury toxicity than vaccines ever did.

"Heresy makes for progress" - Hypatia Bradlaugh Bonner
[1 Corinthians 13:11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. - The Bible King James Version. See? Even the Bible says "Put me down!" Big Grin
02-03-2013, 02:20 PM
(02-03-2013 11:42 AM)ufo42 Wrote:  I've set up a petition on

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Stop_ki...s/?kHVyIbb

to try to get Amazon to stop selling that piece of anti-vax propaganda on the grounds that it promotes the spread of potentially deadly diseases.
Signed. [Image: smiley-sign0091.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Woo is woo, religious or not.
What is an antivaxer? Are they against all vaccines or just some? Is the opposite of that someone that is for all vaccines of all kinds?
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
(28-07-2012 04:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  So many false assumptions AV makes.
http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content...cination#4
The most egregious fallacy is that the personal decision does NOT effect others directly. A room full of un-immunized kids is very very dangerous, as was proven in many recent Polio outbreaks. I actually think parents who refuse to immunize, should either be required to home-school, or sign an acceptance of liability form, where they agree to share the costs, for the damage they create. Quarantine is an accepted practice.
Varicella, for example, if one actually gets Chicken Pox, can have many consequences, later, including Shingles, many years later, as well as other newly emerging consequences.
Tell AV to point to the studies, they reference, as generalities. The "fooling Mother Nature nature" comment is very odd. So what is "natural" ? Does AV use antibiotics ? That's "fooling" mother nature. It's the typical double decker universe. There is only one deck. AV has a right to stand on their beliefs, but does not have a right to expose others to disease.
Yes, all of this. These people deny they've actually benefited from science (childhood vaccines, antibiotics, other medicines) and go on and on about what is natural.

Slightly off topic: You know what's natural? Pain and death. I have a fucking bad abscessed tooth right now and am in agony, but I'm on antibiotics and see the dentist tomorrow morning. You know what would happen hundreds of years ago if I had the same tooth problem? I'd probably fucking die. It was not an uncommon way to die in the past, you can't fight the infection and it spreads and gets into your heart and shit. But taking antibiotics is "fooling mother nature" so I probably shouldn't, right? Because being "natural" is so much more fucking important than staying alive. I guess. Well, fuck mother nature anyway. I'd have been dead a hundred times over if it weren't for modern medicine, due to various health problems. I fucking hate these arguments about what it natural and healthy and shit.

That, and it's irresponsible for AVs to endanger others due to their own stupidity, and they act like their stupidity doesn't harm people, when in fact their stupidity can kill people. As for babies getting vaccines without their consent, well, you can't get consent from a baby, they don't understand the issue yet. And it's irresponsible to wait until they do understand, in case they end up fucking dead from the disease first.
[+] 2 users Like amyb's post