Woo's in town

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2016, 12:39 AM
Woo's in town
There's a psychic fair in town today. Basically, it a bunch of weirdos who sell crystals (that by-pass the laws of physics and supposedly do awesome things though quite how no one knows), all manner of psychic paraphernalia and who pretend they know about another person's future.

I have a theory that those that believe in all of this crap also believe in god.

I may well pop into the place and do a straw poll just to satisfy my curiosity.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes god has no twitter account's post
05-03-2016, 12:43 AM
RE: Woo's in town
(05-03-2016 12:39 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  There's a psychic fair in town today. Basically, it a bunch of weirdos who sell crystals (that by-pass the laws of physics and supposedly do awesome things though quite how no one knows), all manner of psychic paraphernalia and who pretend they know about another person's future.

I have a theory that those that believe in all of this crap also believe in god.

"Nah but I'm like spiritual though man."
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
05-03-2016, 12:50 AM
I don't believe in that crap but I do have a voodoo doll that was blessed by the high priestess of voodoo in the Dominican Republic. I used to use him to cripple judges that piss me off. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post
05-03-2016, 04:06 AM
(05-03-2016 12:50 AM)Black Eagle Wrote:  I don't believe in that crap but I do have a voodoo doll that was blessed by the high priestess of voodoo in the Dominican Republic. I used to use him to cripple judges that piss me off. Big Grin
Ya wanna sell it - my wife just got a speeding ticket?

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
[+] 3 users Like god has no twitter account's post
05-03-2016, 06:59 AM
(05-03-2016 12:39 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  There's a psychic fair in town today. Basically, it a bunch of weirdos who sell crystals (that by-pass the laws of physics and supposedly do awesome things though quite how no one knows), all manner of psychic paraphernalia and who pretend they know about another person's future.

My expectation would be that those who believe in the woo crap as a positive thing have vaguely deistic or pantheistic god beliefs. Those with a belief in a personal god who believe it works also think it's evil witchcraft or satan trying to mislead you. Those who believe in a personal god and don't accept the woo claims are just unable to recognize irony.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
05-03-2016, 07:23 AM
If it's free to get in, I'd go. I bet it would be good for some laughs. Smile
05-03-2016, 09:55 AM
(05-03-2016 07:23 AM)pablo Wrote:  If it's free to get in, I'd go. I bet it would be good for some laughs. Smile

Just got back. About 12 stalls.

These psychics/psychotics are as mad as a box of frogs. They are off their bleedin' eads.

They really believe in all of this psychic bollox.

One kept going on about Thoth (pronounced Tot for some reason) (An Egyptian god).

One so-called psychic told me that my grandmother was around and looking out for me. Not bad given they both died before I was born and never knew me.

One suggested that I buy some citrine because it attracted money. I asked he to explain how given that neither citrine nor coins and notes of the realm are magnetic. She uttered some crap about psychic energy. I asked her about the nature of psychic energy and, as a scientist, how would one investigate it? I was told that there are some things that are not for understanding by us humans. I asked why not. She said that if the spirits wanted us to know, they wouldn't hide it from us.

Someone told me that things would improve when the apples fell. I said, 'If you mean in autumn, why don't you say so?'

Jeez - these fuckwits are scarily weird.

Definitely not for the sane.

[+] 5 users Like god has no twitter account's post
05-03-2016, 10:33 AM
I live next to an old church that got bought by a bunch of whackadoodles who claim to be "psychics".....

They have the place up for sale...... Apparently you can't make money out in the country trying to peddle nasty pussy (the owner got popped for prostitution) -- or telling fortunes with such a light traffic load driving by.................

You'd think if they were good psychics they'd have foresaw that........................................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
05-03-2016, 04:16 PM

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-03-2016, 04:40 PM
My husband and I once saw a poster on a street corner for an upcoming gathering of psychics event..... we gave each other a look..........Dodgy Why the hell do psychics even need to advertise.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.