Woo's in town

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-03-2016, 04:44 PM
RE: Woo's in town
I never saw or heard of a traveling psychic troupe. Where do you people live at?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2016, 04:51 PM
(05-03-2016 04:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband and I once saw a poster on a street corner for an upcoming gathering of psychics event..... we gave each other a look..........Dodgy Why the hell do psychics even need to advertise.

The "psychics" next door tool around in a PT Cruiser with a mural of the old Methodist church they occupy emblazoned on the side........

A while back they were pulling out of McDonalds and sideswiped my sister's bosses car.......

His take on it -- "Shouldn't they have seen that coming???"

I concur...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
05-03-2016, 05:18 PM
(05-03-2016 04:51 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(05-03-2016 04:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  My husband and I once saw a poster on a street corner for an upcoming gathering of psychics event..... we gave each other a look..........Dodgy Why the hell do psychics even need to advertise.

The "psychics" next door tool around in a PT Cruiser with a mural of the old Methodist church they occupy emblazoned on the side........

A while back they were pulling out of McDonalds and sideswiped my sister's bosses car.......

His take on it -- "Shouldn't they have seen that coming???"

I concur...

A psychic's reflexes are apparently shot.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
06-03-2016, 02:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2016 05:14 AM by god has no twitter account.)
(05-03-2016 04:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I never saw or heard of a traveling psychic troupe. Where do you people live at?

I live out in the boonies in the UK.

Here we talk about giving a high 6.Gasp if you catch my drift.

There's a bunch of promoters throughout the UK. Each has a territory. They take their so-called psychic troupe from town to town - mainly at weekends.

I vaguely remember a 'troupe' visiting the area last year. I didn't go then because, quite frankly, my feeling was that it was woo. This time, I went and talked to some of the stall-holders and, guess what? I found that it was woo. Some of the words coming out of their mouths is just unbelievable - and the clothes that they wear .... Still, I guess that it's just part of the brand. I guess that, without it, people just wouldn't buy in to it. There again, why would one want to buy into it? Probably for a similar reason as to why people would want to buy into chritinsanity.

The part of woo that's really taking off in the UK is phone-psychics. Here's their charges:

* The first 10 minutes of your call will be charged at a rate of £0.29/min. Calls thereafter will be charged at £1.50/min. All readings are for entertainment purposes only.

It was copied directly from a woo site.

So, you pay £1.50 per minute to listen to some so-called psychic at the end of a phone who, and get this, is really an "entertainer". The entertainment clause is there to prevent customers from suing the psychic's ass when, inevitably, they get things wrong. Cute, no?

So, you phone a so-called psychic, who's really an entertainer, but who you pay £1.50 a minute to so that they will pretend to be a psychic because that's what you want them to be, so that they tell you things about yourself that they don't know, because they haven't even met you, and, if they get it wrong, you will want to sue but can't because they are entertainers and are only pretending to be psychics because you are paying them to be such.

You couldn't make this up, could you.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
06-03-2016, 07:21 AM
(06-03-2016 02:07 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  So, you phone a so-called psychic, who's really an entertainer, but who you pay £1.50 a minute to so that they will pretend to be a psychic because that's what you want them to be, so that they tell you things about yourself that they don't know, because they haven't even met you, and, if they get it wrong, you will want to sue but can't because they are entertainers and are only pretending to be psychics because you are paying them to be such.

Obviously, they can make it up. That's their business model.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-03-2016, 03:40 PM
(06-03-2016 02:07 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  
(05-03-2016 04:44 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I never saw or heard of a traveling psychic troupe. Where do you people live at?

I live out in the boonies in the UK.

Here we talk about giving a high 6.Gasp if you catch my drift.

There's a bunch of promoters throughout the UK. Each has a territory. They take their so-called psychic troupe from town to town - mainly at weekends.

I vaguely remember a 'troupe' visiting the area last year. I didn't go then because, quite frankly, my feeling was that it was woo. This time, I went and talked to some of the stall-holders and, guess what? I found that it was woo. Some of the words coming out of their mouths is just unbelievable - and the clothes that they wear .... Still, I guess that it's just part of the brand. I guess that, without it, people just wouldn't buy in to it. There again, why would one want to buy into it? Probably for a similar reason as to why people would want to buy into chritinsanity.

The part of woo that's really taking off in the UK is phone-psychics. Here's their charges:

* The first 10 minutes of your call will be charged at a rate of £0.29/min. Calls thereafter will be charged at £1.50/min. All readings are for entertainment purposes only.

It was copied directly from a woo site.

So, you pay £1.50 per minute to listen to some so-called psychic at the end of a phone who, and get this, is really an "entertainer". The entertainment clause is there to prevent customers from suing the psychic's ass when, inevitably, they get things wrong. Cute, no?

So, you phone a so-called psychic, who's really an entertainer, but who you pay £1.50 a minute to so that they will pretend to be a psychic because that's what you want them to be, so that they tell you things about yourself that they don't know, because they haven't even met you, and, if they get it wrong, you will want to sue but can't because they are entertainers and are only pretending to be psychics because you are paying them to be such.

They used to have the same shit in America in the mid to late 90's.

06-03-2016, 04:00 PM
When I was in Uni there was a palm reader up the street. She didn't read palms. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post